KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Gorr vs. Superboy Prime?

Gorr vs. Superboy Prime?
Started by: Rage.Of.Olympus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ODG

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Uriel005
iirc he actually admits that he's been pretty much on the down and out since asgard fell. Don't remember if it was the will that failed him or the body. Think I loaned out that arc to a friend but I'll see if I cant dig up some scans in the meantime.
He had no Thorforce for a very long time during Gorr's centuries-old siege. Then King Thor felt rejuvenated by the ending of the Black Berserker's siege with Thor's arrival and reignited the Thorforce within him in time for the actual fight.
Originally posted by zopzop
The point being Rage, that HE HAD TO AMP OFF A PLANET FULL OF SLAVE GODS. There is no planet full of said Gods in a NEUTRAL SETTING.

A sword created by the Gods not magical in nature? I guess it was made by Divine Scientists. Quick question Rage, is Mjolnir a magic hammer?
Even if what you said holds, Gorr used the godblood to summon his black wyrm. Which held Thor and King Thor for a time and was destroyed. Gorr took on the trio afterwards on his own after the wyrm was destroyed anyway.

I am unaware of any law that says all gods are magical by default. Darkseid, Highfather and Orion are gods and they haven't been associated with magic much, if at all. Same with Thanos, whose might is borne primarily of technology. Kronos, the Titan god of time doesn't seem to be magical at all. The gods of Zenn La that Chaos King assaulted were primarily concerned with science as well, like Thrann, the Saint of Science. Divine science, if you will. An even more recent example: Ex Nihilo and Abyss are gods. Abyss even asked Thor to husband a new pantheon with her. They were borne of science from the Builders.
Originally posted by zopzop
Prime laughed off an attack by a being that had absorbed ALL the magic of an entire UNIVERSE. He also laughed off an attack by Mordru. Why would anything King Thor did (weakened or not) affect him more than that?

It better not, because then Gorr is truly phucked.
Kinetix expected her assault to wither a Superman knockoff. There was little shown to suggest that she attacked Superboy Prime with her full magical might. The same thing with Mordru. Indeed, Mordru attacked Superman with a magical attack and didn't even knock him out.

Why would Gorr be truly phucked by a sun? He got forced into one and turned it black while beating on a trio of Thors. It's not like two Supermen forcing Superboy Prime into a red sun and Prime losing his powers.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Last edited by ODG on Sep 5th, 2013 at 03:17 AM

Old Post Sep 5th, 2013 03:15 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Prime

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 12:16 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-Block

Gorr

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 02:16 PM
D-Block is currently offline Click here to Send D-Block a Private Message Find more posts by D-Block Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think this can go either ways.

However, if Gorr can stop SBP from absorbing solar radiations by simply covering him with his Necrosword he can quickly take an advantage.

On the other hand, if SBP grabs Gorr he can probably quickly dismember him. I think that he is strong enough to do it.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 02:36 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Classy thread.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 04:47 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote