KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Worst Jedi ever

Worst Jedi ever
Started by: Nephthys

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Worst Jedi ever

Instead of constantly arguing over who's the bestest lets talk about who you think was the worst Jedi.

This isn't in terms of combat ability, though I suppose you can factor that in too if you want. Who do you think the biggest ****-up, the biggest embarrassment to ever be a Jedi is?

Needs to be someone actually named. Nameless mooks like the Jedi Jango Fett beat h2h don't count (even if that is absolutely pathetic).

Old Post Sep 4th, 2013 06:11 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

In terms of f*cking up royally... that's a tough one. Anakin, I guess? Aside from him, Qui-Gon. Yoda and Mace are pretty awful as well. The entire Jedi Council during the Clone Wars era are terrible, terrible Jedi.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2013 06:50 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Those are some good contenders. For myself, I'd nominate a guy whose **** ups aren't as big, but much more embarrassing: Master Hortath from Jolees story.

(1.20)

I mean, thats just ****ing dumb.

That other guy he tells you about who got thrown into an engine was pretty bad too. Jolee had some great stories.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2013 07:07 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Medd Tandar

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Sep 4th, 2013 07:07 PM
Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys

(1.20)

I mean, thats just ****ing dumb.

lol

Hmm, that is a pretty cool metaphor though. KOTOR1 had cool dialogue.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 4th, 2013 07:12 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'm listening to his other stories, really interesting in terms of the Jedi imo. Especially with how the Jedi and Revan were characterised in Kotor II. It really adds another level of meaning when you consider who Jolee's talking to.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2013 07:17 PM
Master Han
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd imagine the ones that turn to the dark side would qualify.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2013 07:23 PM
Click here to Send Master Han a Private Message Find more posts by Master Han Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

Th Threat of Peace writers. But since it has to be in universe it's Gran Master Zym who got gunned down by a bounty hunter.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2013 07:28 PM
Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

It's been a while since I played KotOR II, but I want to say Atris. She just came off as a sanctimonious whiner who had no rational sense of proportion. Getting all super offended when the Exile left to save lives and protect the Republic. Actually come to think of it, the entire council from the KotOR era as well. I get they sensed something suspicious about the Mandalorians, but out and out refusing to help defend innocent people and the Republic they're sworn to protect is just a dick move. "What kind of Jedi are these?! Guardians of truth and justice my ass."

And the Jedi Covenant too. A scary symbolic vision is justification enough for slaughtering their won Padawans? Talk about hypocritical.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2013 07:31 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Prolly Yoda.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2013 10:21 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red8

I'd say all of the Jedi that turned into Sith Lords may have kind of missed the point.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2013 02:46 AM
Click here to Send red8 a Private Message Find more posts by red8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

The Jedi Covenant was pretty bad.

They didn't overtly turn against the Jedi, but they were so paranoid about Sith they were willing to kill a group of Padawans to prevent one of them from falling.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2013 04:49 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Anakin really let the Jedi Order down.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Sep 7th, 2013 07:08 AM
Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Still going with Yoda. One of the best things about the PT that is explicitly relayed by Stover’s novel is the abyssal depth of Yoda’s failure as the Jedi order’s leader and steward of the Republic.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2013 05:35 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Care to elaborate? I haven't read the novel, so I'm curious as to what he did or didn't do that was so horrible.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 7th, 2013 09:47 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

In a nutshell, he failed to adapt to the times and allowed the Sith to take over. Doesn't make him an idiot or anything, but the weight of his failure is profound in the book.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2013 10:34 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

He's still an idiot.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2013 10:53 PM
ROTJ Vader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Set Harth(lol). Elora Sund.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2013 10:47 PM
Click here to Send ROTJ Vader a Private Message Find more posts by ROTJ Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Kaan- worst Jedi or Best?

On the one hand, he united the Sith under one banner.

On the other, that ended up getting most of them killed leading to a thousand years of peace ^^

Old Post Sep 18th, 2013 12:03 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Sep 24th, 2013 06:41 AM
Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote