KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » The Greatest Foe the darkness had ever known...

The Greatest Foe the darkness had ever known...
Started by: XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Well played, S66. Well played. But this cannot be; my two apprentices shan't be allowed to claw viciously at one another's throat.

I was under the impression it was Master Han who is… the master stick out tongue

Originally posted by Master Han
Even if Yoda had the upper hand in the saber duel, a notion that I currently adhere to, the fight would still be quite the tossup; maybe a 55/45 split at best. If you actually wanted to look at the gauntlet from a probability standpoint and recognize that the chances of Yoda's winning each match is less than one, he probably doesn't clear. But we don't actually consider that, lol.
Yoda takes the majority against every combatant, probably including RotS Sidious, and possibly excepting RotJ Sidious.

^ I pretty much agree with the above, however I would say that Yoda has a bit better chance at taking down RotJ Sidious than his RotS incarnation.

Of course, this is only my gut feeling. To me RotJ Sidious is most probably more powerful in the Force, but not necessarily a more powerful combatant given his possibly rusty saber skills at that time.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2013 08:14 AM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
I guess I did ignore my friend, reading comprehension. DP said I was bitching about people who were clearly better debaters than me, not that I was bitching about them being better debaters. My bad.

Finally you got it thumb up I did tell you several times to go back and check. But you tend to ignore stuff you don't like or don't want to hear.

@Tempest, no, DP is going back to his old ways. Don't let him fool you, I thought he changed once before too. But I guess stupidity can't be cured. Maybe it goes in remission from time to time, IDK.

It doesn't help when you come in here from the get go talking about what a bad debator I am, putting me in league with SWL. Just so you know I don't rank you particularly high either. Me and you will obviously never get along. Let's just leave it at that.

I could rebuttal everything you wrote but honestly can't be arsed because we will just go around in circles on it.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2013 08:24 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Han
Restricted

Account Restricted

"The great Gideon's?" lol, and you had your nerve to correct me on spelling.

ROFLAMO - wut? rolling on floor laughing

I'm using "suggesting" as a gerund. Should I not therefore have the possessive?

Old Post Sep 6th, 2013 08:56 AM
Click here to Send Master Han a Private Message Find more posts by Master Han Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Yes, it does matter. The terrain wasn't the same for both. Yoda, being a lot smaller than Sidious, had more room to leap around in and evade Sidious' attacks, whereas Sidious had to rely mostly on his saber to defend himself with, as he didn't have the luxury of leaping around like Yoda did. Yoda had far more room to maneuver.

You're beyond stupid. Yoda wasn't less likely to fall because he had places to jump to, Sidious didn't. The script makes it clear that Sidious dropped his saber after nearly falling over the edge, not because Yoda knocked the saber out of his hands. So tell me how Sidious would have nearly fell over an edge on even ground?

I'm out.

You're honestly one of the dumbest people on this site. The terrain was EXACTLY the same for both. Just because you claim one could navigate the EXACT same terrain better.. doesn't make the terrain NOT THE SAME FOR BOTH. It was the same.

Another idiotic post from Idious.... Tell me... DId Sids slip on a banana peel? Or was it Yoda's attack that forced sids back and to regain his footing? Which was it? We all know the answer... Yoda diarmed Sids and the script makes this clear

Old Post Sep 6th, 2013 03:52 PM
Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Oh, and KT I missed your post where you asked Tempest if Sidious dropped his saber from slipping. You said I rode his coattail because I sometimes ask him for sources, yet you're asking him whether or not Sidious slipped when you supposedly read the script yourself? What would you call that? Sucking his coattail?

@Tempest, no, DP is going back to his old ways. Don't let him fool you, I thought he changed once before too. But I guess stupidity can't be cured. Maybe it goes in remission from time to time, IDK.

Idious just being Idious again... Is English your first language? You do understand that I wasn't asking him what happened... I was asking him if he viewed the scene as Yoda making Sidious drop his saber or if he took your idiotic view that Yoda didn't disarm Sids.. Sids merely dropped his saber. I thought you could tell the difference but I forgot I was dealing with Idious.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2013 03:54 PM
Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

"The great Gideon's?" lol, and you had your nerve to correct me on spelling.

Anyway, he did suggest that because Yoda promising to destroy the sith, and then retreating when it seemed as if he had Sidious defeated, seemed contradicting with Yoda's intention in the movie. But IMO, if you look at the entire duel, without having to ignore the script, the only logical explanation as to why Yoda retreated was because he couldn't contain Sidious's lightning much longer with his saber. Most people argue otherwise because the script says that it looked as if Sidious was doomed when the lightning started to arch back towards him, but that doesn't prove Yoda wasn't having difficulty in redirecting the lightning with his saber. In fact, later on in the fight, Sidious blasts Yoda's weapon right out of his hands, so evidently, Sidious' lightning may have been too strong for Yoda to continue containing with his saber.

I was under the impression that a script was just lines and sequences for the actors to follow, not a novel that necessarily has to go into detail on what a character is feeling, and thus does not necessarily have to tell us that Yoda retreated because he was having difficulty in containing the lightning.

This wasn't well played at all... You do realize that when the script notes that the emperor was seemed doomed as the lighting was being shoved back down his throat.. was at the END of the fight and Yoda no longer had his saber. Did you watch the movie or read the script?

Old Post Sep 6th, 2013 03:56 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Lol, thats not true. Did YOU read the script?

"PALPATINE seeks refuge in the vast Senate Chamber. He gets into the Chancellor's Podium and it starts to rise up into the Arena. YODA makes a giant leap into the control pod. The sword fighting is intense in the confined space.

YODA unleashes a ferocious assault on PALPATINE, causing him to almost go over the edge. The Dark Lord drops his lightsaber but recovers with a BLAST OF ENERGY from his hands that surrounds YODA. YODA is deflecting the Sith Lord's lightning bolts.

The energy bolts begin to arc back on the Emperor. It looks as if the Dark Lord is doomed.

YODA: Destroy you I will, just as Master Kenobi, your apprentice will destroy.

YODA jumps to a lower Senate Pod. PALPATINE reaches out with one hand, and a Senate pod is released from its mooring and heads toward the Podium. PALPATINE uses the Force to hurl pod after pod at YODA, who ducks and jumps from one flying pod to another.

YODA leaps away from the pods. He uses the Force to hold one pod suspended in the air. The pod spins and YODA throws it back at PALPATINE, who leaps away at the last moment.

YODA leaps after him, but PALPATINE quickly turns and aims the full force of his energy bolts at the tiny green Jedi, catching him in mid-air and throwing him back hard against the Podium. The force causes YODA to drop his lightsaber. YODA blocks the lightning and throws PALPATINE backwards off the podium. YODA is knocked off the Podium and falls several hundred feet to the base of the Podium. PALPATINE follows in his pod, searching for YODA."

Old Post Sep 6th, 2013 04:00 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

That makes no sense though as the movie is the final version of the script. In the movie.. the point where the emperor seems doomed and the lighting was arcing back... Yoda didn't have his saber and he was physically overpowiering it and sending it back with his bare hand.. at which point the emperor has a look of doom on his face. Clearly the sequence of the lighting and the emperor looking doomed was exactly as we see it in the movie. Sids never hit yoda with lighitng and sent him backwards causing him to drop his saber.. he simply blasts it out of Yoda's hand and Yoda doesn't even move. As I said.. the movie is the final version of the script and that is not where the emperor is doomed

Last edited by KuRuPT Thanosi on Sep 6th, 2013 at 05:19 PM

Old Post Sep 6th, 2013 05:16 PM
Petrus
Debonaire Member

That's your opinion based on Palpatine's face expressions. It doesn't contradict the script and if it doesn't cotradict the script, the script remains canon.

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Sep 6th, 2013 05:31 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

actually it most certainly does... The only expression of doom from the emperor we see is when Yoda is WITHOUT his saber and the lighting is arching back at him. This isn't my opinoin it is in the highest form of canon. Sids also doesn't knock Yoda back with his lighting and then yoda drops his saber and it wasn't in mid air either... Yoda lands on the pod.. ignites his saber.. .and palps blasts it out of his hand and yoda barely moves (is NOT thrown back) These aren't my opinions these are right there for all to see. The movie is the final version of the script...

Old Post Sep 6th, 2013 05:43 PM
Dominis

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
You're honestly one of the dumbest people on this site. The terrain was EXACTLY the same for both. Just because you claim one could navigate the EXACT same terrain better.. doesn't make the terrain NOT THE SAME FOR BOTH. It was the same.

You're the ONLY one who seems to be having a hard time understanding.

A confined platform they were fighting limited Sidious far more than it did Yoda, as he is much bigger than Yoda. Yoda however wasn't limited, as you can easily see, if you watched the movie (obviously you didn't), that Yoda was capable of using his full agility and acrobatic nature, hence all the leaps he was doing. Also fighting on the higher part of the platform took away some of Yoda's disadvantage of height and reach, an advantage he doesn't have on even surface.

Another idiotic post from Idious.... Tell me... DId Sids slip on a banana peel? Or was it Yoda's attack that forced sids back and to regain his footing? Which was it? We all know the answer... Yoda diarmed Sids and the script makes this clear

Seriously, why are you having a hard time grasping this?

It was Yoda's attack that caused Sidious to nearly fall off of the podium, which is how Sidious dropped his saber. No one disputed Yoda being the cause of Sidious almost falling over the edge. But had they been fighting on even ground, Sidious wouldn't have had an edge to nearly fall over, as he would have had far more room to give ground or leap away from Yoda's "ferocious" attack, room he didn't have on the podium, unless he wanted to fall off.

This is "duh" type of shit.

Idious just being Idious again... Is English your first language? You do understand that I wasn't asking him what happened... I was asking him if he viewed the scene as Yoda making Sidious drop his saber or if he took your idiotic view that Yoda didn't disarm Sids..

Yeah, except for the fact that you clearly asked him what happened, not what he thought. Regardless, why would need someone else's view on the matter if your mind is already made up? So again, if me asking him for a source that I don't remember or that I'm unfamiliar with is riding his coattail, then you asking him for his view must be you sucking on his coattail. At least I have a reason to ask for a source, which is to back up some of my arguments, whereas you have absolutely no reason to ask him for his view when your mind is already made up. I mean, would you ask him if he thought the sky was blue? Either you're having doubt in your own argument (which you should if you had any ounce of intelligence in you), or you just have a personal interest in him.

That makes no sense though as the movie is the final version of the script. In the movie.. the point where the emperor seems doomed and the lighting was arcing back... Yoda didn't have his saber and he was physically overpowiering it and sending it back with his bare hand.. at which point the emperor has a look of doom on his face. Clearly the sequence of the lighting and the emperor looking doomed was exactly as we see it in the movie.

Wow, you are clueless. You don't even know what scene you're arguing about. laughing

SMH

Old Post Sep 6th, 2013 05:44 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yoda still has better saber feats.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2013 05:56 PM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Not really. Blitzing through saber masters is actually better than anything I've seen from Yoda saber-wise.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2013 05:59 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

You're the ONLY one who seems to be having a hard time understanding.

A confined platform they were fighting limited Sidious far more than it did Yoda, as he is much bigger than Yoda. Yoda however wasn't limited, as you can easily see, if you watched the movie (obviously you didn't), that Yoda was capable of using his full agility and acrobatic nature, hence all the leaps he was doing. Also fighting on the higher part of the platform took away some of Yoda's disadvantage of height and reach, an advantage he doesn't have on even surface.

Seriously, why are you having a hard time grasping this?

It was Yoda's attack that caused Sidious to nearly fall off of the podium, which is how Sidious dropped his saber. No one disputed Yoda being the cause of Sidious almost falling over the edge. But had they been fighting on even ground, Sidious wouldn't have had an edge to nearly fall over, as he would have had far more room to give ground or leap away from Yoda's "ferocious" attack, room he didn't have on the podium, unless he wanted to fall off.

This is "duh" type of shit.

Yeah, except for the fact that you clearly asked him what happened, not what he thought. Regardless, why would need someone else's view on the matter if your mind is already made up? So again, if me asking him for a source that I don't remember or that I'm unfamiliar with is riding his coattail, then you asking him for his view must be you sucking on his coattail. At least I have a reason to ask for a source, which is to back up some of my arguments, whereas you have absolutely no reason to ask him for his view when your mind is already made up. I mean, would you ask him if he thought the sky was blue? Either you're having doubt in your own argument (which you should if you had any ounce of intelligence in you), or you just have a personal interest in him.

Wow, you are clueless. You don't even know what scene you're arguing about. laughing

SMH

Idious is back.. I like this site with him back...

First, english isn't your first language i can see... you said the terrain wasn't the same for both.. When in fact the terrain was EXACTLY the same for both. What you meant to say is that Yoda can navigate said terrain better than Sids can... but that doesn't mean it's not the same... Either could've been on the edge or in the pod and it would be the same terrain for both.

Second, you feeling like Yoda could navigate it better is nothing more than your opinion. Can you cite me the quote in the book or movie which says Yoda had the advantage in pod fighting over Sids. Please post that quote or stop giving me YOUR OPINION on who had the advantage. You're not a canon source and that is merely your conjecture.

third, I could easily say Palps had the edge in the pod because he's heavier and was actually INSIDE the pod... Thus any TK push or lighting feedback/explosion would more likely knock the lighter yoda off (he was on the edge) and not the heavier Sids who's in the pod. Which is EXACTLY what we see happen in the movie. So really, the terrain could easily be argued favors Sids not yoda.

Fourth, you have no clue do you.. the movie is the final version of the script.. SO tell me... Where in the movie does it show Sids hiting yoda "mid air" as he's jumping over causing him to fly back and drop his swrord? Tell me where that is please? The part where the emperor seems doomed is clearly before the lighting explosion which knocks them both back as the emperor is starting to get overwhelmed and a look of sheer terror on his face as Yoda is buckeling down and overpowering him. That wasn't a look of terror and doom? Again the movie is the final version of the script. Stuff not shown in the movie.. we go by the script.. i.e. sids being disarmed and almost falling over... The part where Yoda losses his weapon and how.. and the look of terror and oom o nthe emperor the movie overrides the script as we see the final version play out as Lucas wanted. These aren't hard concepts to grasp.

Lastly, me asking for another opinion on a matter means I riding somebody's coattails? WTF.. i wish I knew what you looked like so I could see if you're as dumb as you look to. I asked for his opinion because he's a pretty versed guy and I watned to see if he shared your idoitic view. if he did, at that point, I would also start debating the matter with him (while laughing at him). Me asking for his view.. is a far far cry from letting others argue for you and just adopting their arguments likea parrot. They are words apart and not mutually inclusive. Did you make it "passed" 1st grade?

Old Post Sep 6th, 2013 06:00 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Not really. Blitzing through saber masters is actually better than anything I've seen from Yoda saber-wise.

Especially since Yoda is conspicuously pressed by Dooku.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2013 06:02 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Yes and this same guy who killed the masters got DISARMED and beaten in saber combat by yoda... thus that is the GREATER feat. I mean you can't be this dumb. Yoda doing so to somebody with high end feats is a higher end feat. You understand how feats work right? To say nothign of the fact that yoda's never lost a saber duel.. While Sids has lost to Mace and yoda. Yeah Yoda's are clearly better.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2013 06:02 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi

Originally posted by Nephthys
Especially since Yoda is conspicuously pressed by Dooku.

see above

Old Post Sep 6th, 2013 06:03 PM
Dominis

Tell me again, KT, which scene are we arguing about? lmao

Old Post Sep 6th, 2013 06:09 PM
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

More of a speed feat than saber feat.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2013 06:13 PM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Lol sids ur so dumb

Old Post Sep 6th, 2013 06:13 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote