KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Revan vs Dooku

Revan Vs Dooku
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Revan 8 42.11%
Dooku 11 57.89%
Total: 19 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Revan vs Dooku
Started by: ROTJ Vader

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mikemikeer
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
And how come saying Dooku beats Revan makes one a PT fanboy?

The same way saying Revan beats Dooku makes me a Revan fanboy, as per your accusal.

Drew's failed depiction of Revan's character changes nothing.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 10:55 PM
Click here to Send mikemikeer a Private Message Find more posts by mikemikeer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ragnosfan1998
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by mikemikeer
Yea we're not together RagnosFan lol. I haven't begun to read any of your posts but they seem tailored to ancient sith fanboyism, like some of these guys with their PT fanboyism.

I am not a fanboy of any character or era, Im just stating the facts.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 10:57 PM
Click here to Send Ragnosfan1998 a Private Message Find more posts by Ragnosfan1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

The same way saying Revan beats Dooku makes me a Revan fanboy, as per your accusal.

No, you being an admitted Revan fanboy is what makes you a Revan fanboy.

Claiming or believing Revan would beat Dooku doesn't make you a Revan fanboy; I think Revan would beat Dooku, Dooku's far greater number of feats and accolades notwithstanding.

In the same token, the fact that Mizukage thinks Revan would lose doesn't make him a Dooku fanboy.

Feel free to wipe the froth from your mouth at any time.

Drew's failed depiction of Revan's character changes nothing.

Dooku has a far greater number of feats and accolades to draw from. It is not unreasonable to conclude that Dooku would win and hardly makes someone who claims as much a PT fanboy.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 11:00 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mikemikeer
Restricted

Account Restricted

You accused me of being a Revan fanboy in a nonchalant manner, I just agreed.

And I never said it would be unreasonable to conclude Dooku COULD win. That's why I gave him sabers. Feel free to remove your mouth from my undercarriage.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 11:30 PM
Click here to Send mikemikeer a Private Message Find more posts by mikemikeer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

You accused me of being a Revan fanboy in a nonchalant manner, I just agreed.

By your own admission, you are one.

And I never said it would be unreasonable to conclude Dooku COULD win. That's why I gave him sabers. Feel free to remove your mouth from my undercarriage.

Then by all means feel free to unlatch your jaw from Yoda's ankle.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 11:37 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mikemikeer
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
By your own admission, you are one.

I simply confirmed what you already accused me of

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 11:40 PM
The_Tempest

I simply confirmed what you already accused me of

..No, you've admitted to Revan fanboyism like 3 accountsyears ago.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 11:41 PM
Master Han
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 11:42 PM
Click here to Send Master Han a Private Message Find more posts by Master Han Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mikemikeer
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by The_Tempest
..No, you've admitted to Revan fanboyism like 3 accountsyears ago.

allegedly

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 11:44 PM
The_Tempest

Only a despicable lawyer would use such legalese.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 11:46 PM
mikemikeer
Restricted

Account Restricted

accusations must have some factual basis to them, otherwise they fall under the category of libel/slander and are subject to a lawsuit.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 11:49 PM
The_Tempest

I've got your lawsuit right here.

*grabs crotch*

Old Post Sep 15th, 2013 11:50 PM
S_W_LeGenD

Revan may not be as technically proficient in bladework as Dooku have been but the former is still an incredibly effective duelist because of his remarkable Force abilities.

Revan edges out in this contest with his superior mastery of the Force in the nutshell.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2013 10:33 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ROTJ Vader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Revan wins in a good fight.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2013 10:38 PM
Click here to Send ROTJ Vader a Private Message Find more posts by ROTJ Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by ROTJ Vader
Revan wins in a good fight.

thumb up

Old Post Sep 18th, 2013 09:33 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Throwaway
Restricted

Account Restricted

I actually agree with Vader and SWL here. As silly and pedantic #ancientswanking can become, we can't go to the opposite extreme and automatically give the victory to the modern combatants, simply because they have a larger quantity of feats and accolades.

As vague as some of these citations may appear, with a character as vague as Revan, we need intense educated speculation to properly place him. That he's described as "the heart of the Force"; that Meetra calls him the most powerful being he's ever met; that cults continued to worship him millenia after his death; that Scourge was awestruck by his power even while he was intensely drugged; that he knocked the Emperor on his ass while on a DS nexus, seems to put him above Dooku in the Force, IMHO. I might even place him above RotJ Vader.

There's nothing to indicate that his lightsaber skills are particularly on Dooku's level, but there's nothing to suggest that they're disproportionately lacking either. So I'm going to throw out some arbitrary calculations and place his dueling ability on Obi Wan's level, and conclude that he would take Dooku in the Force and all out.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2013 07:41 PM
Click here to Send Throwaway a Private Message Find more posts by Throwaway Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Feats definitely go to the Count. But hype is very likely in Revan's corner.

The North Remembers

Old Post Sep 18th, 2013 07:52 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Throwaway
I actually agree with Vader and SWL here. As silly and pedantic #ancientswanking can become, we can't go to the opposite extreme and automatically give the victory to the modern combatants, simply because they have a larger quantity of feats and accolades.

Yeah, it would sure suck if that were to happen. Y'know, someday. no expression

Old Post Sep 18th, 2013 07:57 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ROTJ Vader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Throwaway
I actually agree with Vader and SWL here. As silly and pedantic #ancientswanking can become, we can't go to the opposite extreme and automatically give the victory to the modern combatants, simply because they

Agreed. The Ancientsithwanking is retarded obviously. But I have been noticing people saying Maul would WTFPWN all the Ancient Sith 1v1 because, well he's a PT character and is far better because he has "more exposure". We should all give characters equal and fair respect, and not go into the territory of extreme fanboyism on ether side.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2013 03:22 AM
Click here to Send ROTJ Vader a Private Message Find more posts by ROTJ Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Good fight, if this is Revan Reborn he wins.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Sep 19th, 2013 03:24 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote