KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Preacher (AMC)

Preacher (AMC)
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
Ungod

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment

Haha.. I hate that song, too.

Teaser is good.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2017 02:31 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I just wanna see the Saint in bloody action!

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 5th, 2017 04:56 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

June 25th needs to hurry up.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2017 12:13 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Stoked for this and the Strain

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2017 02:25 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The first episode of season two was pretty damn good.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2017 06:10 PM
cdtm

Looks like SoK is immune to The Word.

Suddenly interested in this series.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2017 01:03 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Great ****ing episode

Cassidy, Tulip, and Jesse have such amazing chemistry, the gore was beautiful, and the car scene where they were singing got me laughing. This is basically the TV show I was born to watch a road trip show with gore, humor, and irreverence towards religion. The police car scenes were great and the whole episode whether it was the quiet moments talking to the priest or the gang making jokes was enjoyable. Can't wait for the second part tonight.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 27th, 2017 01:36 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

So SoK misses.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 27th, 2017 03:11 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

SoK is simply BadAss

Old Post Jun 27th, 2017 04:09 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Mindset
So SoK misses.

The bad ass power of the Saint needs to be toned down a little bit, IMO, for TV.

In the comic, the Saint is a literally unstoppable killing machine that never misses, and translating that to TV would be a bit overkill.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2017 01:29 PM
cdtm

And the the word was the ONLY reason Jesse wasn't bulleted in the first meeting.

I'm ok with nixing the aimbot power if it means he gets to ignore the stupid voice of god thing (Which made Jesse way too powerful in the comics. Liked if when god neutralized it, but they never explained how he did it or why he didn't just take away its power forever.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2017 02:28 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Second episode was awesome.

Fiore and his magic act. laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 28th, 2017 04:34 PM
Mindset

Originally posted by cdtm
And the the word was the ONLY reason Jesse wasn't bulleted in the first meeting.

I'm ok with nixing the aimbot power if it means he gets to ignore the stupid voice of god thing (Which made Jesse way too powerful in the comics. Liked if when god neutralized it, but they never explained how he did it or why he didn't just take away its power forever.)
Preacher isn't really about power levels though.

The voice didn't take anything away from the story in the comics.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 02:18 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Jesse beat up a bunch of Moon Knight wannabes

Old Post Jul 4th, 2017 05:04 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Now that the show is starting to progress with the story, it makes me realize how unnecessary the first season was, it was essentially just a season long pilot episode setting up the characters and the overall story and away we go.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jul 4th, 2017 02:37 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I still don't like how heavy handed they are on "Faux preacher principles".

Like, just because he has the title, he has to have all these loopy moral convictions. Comic Jesse was pretty much a "live however you want" libertarian type. Never once judged Cassidy or anyone else.

That kind of stuff stands out to me, because it calls attention the fact tv script writers proabably have a major chip on their shoulder against religion (They did the same thing in Walking Dead, with any and every reference to religion being as big a mockery as possible..)

Not saying this as an offended catholic or anything, I'm just offended script writers or producers don't have the discipline to keep their politics out of their work (Which would mean, maybe occasionally writing someone or something you hate in a relatively positive light, if that's what the source material calls for..)

Old Post Jul 4th, 2017 03:09 PM
riv6672

Originally posted by samhain
Now that the show is starting to progress with the story, it makes me realize how unnecessary the first season was, it was essentially just a season long pilot episode setting up the characters and the overall story and away we go.

You basically counter argumented your own point. thumb up

Old Post Jul 4th, 2017 03:29 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Episode three was slow, but we finally got to see Starr, Featherstone, and Hoover, at least.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2017 05:11 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by riv6672
You basically counter argumented your own point. thumb up

Well no, the point is that the story arc in season 1 could have easily been covered in an episode or 2 at most, unnecessary because we'd be further ahead now, the episode that last aired could easily have been the 4th or 5th episode of the first season.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jul 4th, 2017 06:09 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
Well no, the point is that the story arc in season 1 could have easily been covered in an episode or 2 at most,

Not at all.

Anyhow, good season so far.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2017 10:23 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote