KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Preacher (AMC)

Preacher (AMC)
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Arseface in Hell wasn't needed but I did find it interesting that they could somehow make you have a slight sense of pity for Hitler. Might dust off my comic book collection, haven't read it for about 10 years easily. How many issues did they end up doing? I only have around 30-40, about the time Jesse becomes Sheriff of Salvation.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 01:56 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The main comic ran for 66 issues, with 9 spin off/one shot issues.

I highly recommend you finish Preacher. thumb up

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Dec 31st, 2017 at 03:57 PM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 03:55 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Yeah, I have most of the spin-offs and the SOK mini series. 66 issues doesn't sound too bad, I'm about halfway to finishing the collection, might try to find the rest.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 05:25 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Finally got around to watching Season 1 Episode 1 again (with my wife this time) and I forgot how well done this show is. That's a really great opening episode. My wife liked it, too, so that's great! thumb up

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 11:48 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Yeah. Some woman named Negga. What an unfortunate name.

Not happy with the casting.

She's great, though. She's a great actress. I think she adds a lot. I have no idea what the character is like in the comic, but she does a great deal for this adaptation.

The trailer was very underwhelming.

Man, I loved the trailer (I'm pretty sure most of it is from the Pilot episode). I think this goes to show that people who know and love the comic first are bound to be disappointed. It's kind of why I don't like to read books before movies come out now, heh. It builds up too much expectation in the mind.

Originally posted by Mindset
I wonder if they'll still use Kurt Cobain killing himself for Arseface's origin.

I can see why they'd change that. Just not as accessible for a wide audience, but if they gave him depression or something then they might have missed an opportunity to deal with a difficult issue, you know, grapple with it as a mental illness with neuro-biological causes not really any different than diabetes or something. Instead of the normal Judeo Christian moralizing.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/02/0...odin-quincannon

Jackie Earle Haley is Odin Quincannon. I can't think of a better actor, personally.

Love him in this show. He's great. laughing out loud

Originally posted by ares834
Kinda. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: It the offspring of a demon and an angel.

How on earth are they going to go about explaining this in the show? lol. Do you think they will? (I haven't seen Season 2 yet)

Originally posted by Mindset
Jesse told a guy to phuck himself, so the guy ripped his dick off and shoved it up his ass.

The "open your heart" was an ode to that.

laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 03:26 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by Patient_Leech

How on earth are they going to go about explaining this in the show? lol. Do you think they will? (I haven't seen Season 2 yet)

Oh, shit. They DID in Season 1. I totally forgot! laughing out loud

I love this show. Have 2 or 3 more episodes in Season 1 again. Can't wait to get to Season 2.

I forgot how damn funny and well edited this show is. It's just great. It's easily one of my all-time favorite shows now.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2018 01:14 PM
Impediment
Endless

The motel gun brawl in season one was f*cking brilliant.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2018 04:31 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

^ It is.

Just finished Season 1 and goddamn I don't know why I didn't remember it being so f#cking brilliant. This is the best show ever.

I've never read the comics, but this show really makes it feel like you're watching a comic book. It's so beautifully done.

The editing on the Saint of Killer's time in Hell is just awesome, just before the angels get there.

Going to start Season 2 soon. I'll be honest, though: I think I'll be a little sad to see them leave that little town. It had a hilarious, twisted charm about it. laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 01:01 PM
Flyattractor

Are you really that big of a Fan of this show or are you just overlaying you own anti-religious prejudices on it?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 07:10 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Are you really that big of a Fan of this show or are you just overlaying you own anti-religious prejudices on it?

It's a great show and the fact that it offends your ridiculous Judeo-Christian sensibilities is just icing on the cake. smile

The show is obviously poking fun at religion. There's no laying of anti-religious prejudices needed. But hey, my wife is Catholic and she likes the show a lot, too.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 07:21 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Season 2: Episode 1: F#cking awesome. I was laughing giddy as a schoolgirl. That opening setpiece with the Saint of Killers shooting at them and the cops was fantastic. laughing out loud

Season 2: Episode 2: A pretty hilarious Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas vibe. And I should have known that Tulip's past was going to come back to haunt her.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 12:39 PM
Flyattractor

It's a great show and the fact that it offends your ridiculous Judeo-Christian sensibilities is just icing on the cake. smile

The show is obviously poking fun at religion. There's no laying of anti-religious prejudices needed. But hey, my wife is Catholic and she likes the show a lot, too.

I watched a about half the first season. I just got tired of the "OHH Look how EDGY We Are". More then the "Anti-Religious" Stuff. Ennis's style has always made me think "This is what Nerds think it is like to be a Bad Ass".

Fav Moment of the show. "The Power of the Voice Of God" can be defeated by having tinnitus.

laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 08:39 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

But hey, my wife is Catholic and she likes the show a lot, too.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 09:11 PM
riv6672

Season 2: Episode 1: F#cking awesome. I was laughing giddy as a schoolgirl. That opening setpiece with the Saint of Killers shooting at them and the cops was fantastic. laughing out loud

Season 2: Episode 2: A pretty hilarious Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas vibe. And I should have known that Tulip's past was going to come back to haunt her.

You should do this down & dirty summation for each ep. thumb up

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 10:53 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by Flyattractor
I watched a about half the first season. I just got tired of the "OHH Look how EDGY We Are". More then the "Anti-Religious" Stuff. Ennis's style has always made me think "This is what Nerds think it is like to be a Bad Ass".

Fav Moment of the show. "The Power of the Voice Of God" can be defeated by having tinnitus.

laughing out loud

I'm sorry it offended your Judeo-Christian sensibilities. I send you muh thoughts and prayers.

(please log in to view the image)

Originally posted by riv6672
You should do this down & dirty summation for each ep. thumb up

That's the plan, but I was sort of drowsy last night, so I'll do my best...

Season 2: Episode 3: Jazzy trip to New Orleans in search of God. "I'm looking for God" is apparently the code at a particularly sleezy bar for [SPOILER - highlight to read]: some kinky cosplay dog sex laughing out loud Preacher shows off some superior ass-kicking skillz in this episode against some quasi-religious fascist organization henchmen. thumb up

Season 3: Episode 4: While Preacher and Cassidy play detective in search of the "fake God," Tulip's proverbial chickens come home to roost and we meet her [SPOILER - highlight to read]: husband. This episode also features another great fight, this time between the torture interrogator and Preacher, all to the sultry sounds of Billy Joel's "Uptown Girl." I've always hated that song, but put into this context it works perfectly. thumb up

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 12:57 PM
Impediment
Endless

I have a strong suspicion that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Denis isn’t dead and will come back for revenge in a later season with Les Enfants du Sang, sort of like the latter did in the comic books.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 07:52 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Someone told me that the comics actually start with Season 2 of the show. Is that true?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 08:16 PM
Flyattractor

I'm sorry it offended your Judeo-Christian sensibilities. I send you muh thoughts and prayers.

I liked the scene where the one chick had to sit on a bag of frozen peas...... rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 08:29 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Season 2: Episode 5: Some more backstory on Tulip and Preacher and in the present day Preacher decides whether or not to kill Tulip's husband. Haha..

Season 2: Episode 6: Making a deal with the soulless Saint of Killers.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 01:04 PM
riv6672

Someone told me that the comics actually start with Season 2 of the show. Is that true?

From what i was told S1 was pretty much original stuff.
Folks who'd read the comic were divided on it. I personally liked the characters being fleshed out.

Still liking your summations. Given what you've said, cant wait till you get further in!

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 01:50 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote