KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Preacher (AMC)

Preacher (AMC)
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
From what i was told S1 was pretty much original stuff.
Folks who'd read the comic were divided on it. I personally liked the characters being fleshed out.

You mean S1 is not in the comics? But everyone is talking about Eugene/Arseface killing himself for different reasons in the comic, so it must be in the comic.

And speaking of him, yeah, I'm not seeing the point of him in Hell with Hitler this season other than being somewhat amusing, heh, so I hope that comes of something substantial.

Originally posted by riv6672
Still liking your summations. Given what you've said, cant wait till you get further in!

How much of the show have you seen?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 03:19 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

The whole thing, so i can see your future! stick out tongue

As to the arseface killing himself thing, i dunno, maybe it was done in flashbacks?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 11:11 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ Yeah, I dunno. We need someone who has read the comic to comment. But reading through the thread is sounded like in the comic Eugene kills himself because he's emo and admires Kurt Cobain.

Episode 8 actually felt a little like filler. I hope it's going somewhere. There's been a lot of set-up so far, now I hope the final episodes have some good pay-offs.

Season 2: Episode 7: Herr Starr joins the peculiar Grail organization and there is a Vietnamese levitating pig.

Season 2: Episode 8: Eugene is out of place in Hell and Hitler knows it while Cassidy learns his dying elderly son wants to be gifted with vampiric eternal life.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 01:06 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

The comics started around March '95 and Cobain killed himself almost a full year earlier. He is already Arseface when we meet him the explanation is given later or perhaps in the one shot issue, 'The Story Of You Know Who'. Also, in the comics Tulip is blonde, (I knew I wasn't imagining that!) but hey, as long as Dominic Cooper gets to act alongside his real life GF, who are we to complain.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 03:05 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by samhain
Also, in the comics Tulip is blonde, (I knew I wasn't imagining that!) but hey, as long as Dominic Cooper gets to act alongside his real life GF, who are we to complain.

Oh, I didn't know she's blonde in the comic and I also didn't know she is his real life GF.

Yeah, I'd probably prefer a hotter Tulip, but Ruth Negga isn't ugly and she's cool. She's certainly got a great personality for the role.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 04:42 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Yeah, she does a good job with the character. She's been in everything that I've seen with him in. She's in Agent Carter, (to be fair, she gets more screen time than him IIRC) she plays his wife in that Warcraft movie too. It's like they have it stipulated that they have to work together. Have you ever worked with anyone that you were seeing? Kind of ends up being a nightmare after a while.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 01:49 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ I don't even remember him at all in Warcraft, but then again nothing about that movie was very memorable. I think I fell asleep from boredom after a while, so..

I LOL'd pretty hard when Cassidy started attacking the Grail intruders in Episode 9. That part was friggin' hilarious. You know, it's also the little things that make this show so fun to watch, like when Cassidy is giving Denis blood he insists on toasting before he drinks and calls him a bloody bastard or something. laughing out loud

Season 2: Episode 9: Herr Starr puts a hit out on Preacher and his friends and we find out that Cassidy has turned his elderly son into an immortal vampire.

Season 2: Episode 10: Preacher makes Herr Starr take him to meet the Messiah, a living descendant of Jesus Christ, who is an inbred imbecile named Humperdoo.. haha. Still no one knows where God is.

God I love this show. Happy Dance

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 02:23 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Season 2: Episode 11: Herr Starr still wants to convice Preacher to take the place of Humperdoo as the Messiah with his Genesis power and sets the Saint of Killers free from his watery grave. Preacher is apprehensive to take the place of God, though. Meanwhile Hitler and Eugene (aka Arseface) decide to try to escape from Hell. Oh, Preacher realizes that apparently the character in the kinky dog costume back in Episode 3 was God.

Season 2: Episode 12: Hitler and Eugene (aka Arseface) are in the process of escaping from Hell by reliving Eugene's Hell scenario. Cassidy reveals his interesting take on the film Fight Club, then the Saint of Killers attacks Jesse, Tulip, Cassidy, and Denis again, but gets taken back to Hell. The Pope announces that God is missing and Jesse just might take over as the Supreme Being in God's absence.

Season 2: Episode 13 ...

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 10:19 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Oh, shit the finale was good.

Season 2: Episode 13: We meet teenage Jesse whose grandmother apparently has some spiritual power to magically heal a dying chicken. Back to the present day Cassidy realizes that his now vampire son will corrupt him so he pushes him out a window to perish by sunburning. Eugene escapes from Hell with the help of Hitler. Jesse, with his waning Genesis power, is about to go forward as the puppet Messiah of this Herr Starr character but he suddenly gets news that Tulip has been shot and is unable to save her except to drive her to his grandmother... Oh, and we get a bright glimpse of God apparently after some of his dog cosplay sex. Haha..

laughing out loud

This is the best show ever.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 03:00 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Thought I'd collect my Season 2 episode summaries. I removed the spoiler tags, though, so be warned all you newcomers. All-in-all I thought it was a brilliant season. I honestly can't decide if I like Season 1 or 2 better.

Preacher: Season 2 Summaries

Episode 1: On the Road
The Saint of Killers catches up with the gang on the road and initiates a great shootout with some cops.

Episode 2: Mumbai Sky Tower
A pretty hilarious Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas vibe. And I should have known that Tulip's past was going to come back to haunt her.

Episode 3: Damsels
Jazzy trip to New Orleans in search of God. "I'm looking for God" is apparently the code at a particularly sleezy bar for some kinky cosplay dog sex. Haha.. Preacher shows off some superior ass-kicking skillz in this episode against some quasi-religious fascist organization henchmen.

Episode 4: Viktor
While Preacher and Cassidy play detective in search of the "fake God," Tulip's proverbial chickens come home to roost and we meet her husband. This episode also features another great fight, this time between the torture interrogator and Preacher, all to the sultry sounds of Billy Joel's "Uptown Girl." I've always hated that song, but put into this context it works perfectly.

Episode 5: Dallas
Some more backstory on Tulip and Preacher and in the present day Preacher decides whether or not to kill Tulip's husband. Haha..

Episode 6: Sokosha
Making a deal with the soulless Saint of Killers.

Episode 7: Pig
Herr Starr joins the peculiar Grail organization and there is a Vietnamese levitating pig.

Episode 8: Holes
Eugene is out of place in Hell and Hitler knows it while Cassidy learns his dying elderly son wants to be gifted with vampiric eternal life.

Episode 9: Puzzle Piece
Herr Starr puts a hit out on Preacher and his friends and we find out that Cassidy has turned his elderly son into an immortal vampire.

Episode 10: Dirty Little Secret
Preacher makes Herr Starr take him to meet the Messiah, a living descendant of Jesus Christ, who is an inbred imbecile named Humperdoo.. haha. Still no one knows where God is.

Episode 11: Backdoors
Herr Starr still wants to convice Preacher to take the place of Humperdoo as the Messiah with his Genesis power and sets the Saint of Killers free from his watery grave. Preacher is apprehensive to take the place of God, though. Meanwhile Hitler and Eugene (aka Arseface) decide to try to escape from Hell. Oh, Preacher realizes that apparently the character in the kinky dog costume back in Episode 3 was God.

Episode 12: On Your Knees
Hitler and Eugene (aka Arseface) are in the process of escaping from Hell by reliving Eugene's Hell scenario. Cassidy reveals his interesting take on the film Fight Club, then the Saint of Killers attacks Jesse, Tulip, Cassidy, and Denis again, but gets taken back to Hell. The Pope announces that God is missing and Jesse just might take over as the Supreme Being in God's absence.

Episode 13: The End of the Road
We meet teenage Jesse whose grandmother apparently has some spiritual power to magically heal a dying chicken. Back to the present day Cassidy realizes that his now vampire son will corrupt him so he pushes him out a window to perish by sunburning. Eugene escapes from Hell with the help of Hitler. Jesse, with his waning Genesis power, is about to go forward as the puppet Messiah of this Herr Starr character under the Grail organization, but he suddenly gets news that Tulip has been shot and is unable to save her except to drive her to his grandmother... Oh, and we get a bright glimpse of God apparently after some of his dog cosplay sex. Haha..

To Be Continued...

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 02:42 PM
Impediment
Endless

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 13th, 2018 11:39 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Cool, so Season 3 comes out this year.

I wish they had posted pictures of the new Season 3 actors, though. (Or maybe I'm not seeing them on my phone?)

Old Post Feb 13th, 2018 09:59 PM
Impediment
Endless

June 24 needs to hurry up!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2018 09:39 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Oh, shit, shut up... is that the premiere of Season 3?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2018 11:59 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Impediment
June 24 needs to hurry up!

use the speedorce to travel into the future and then tell us how good the season was

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 03:08 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 09:26 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Oh fuck me..

This looks... too good.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2018 12:22 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Can’t wait

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 6th, 2018 09:39 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I hope the quality irreverence continues. evil face

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 12:33 AM
cdtm

This show needs to get cancelled, so Supergirl can get a more appropriate name that reflects what it's all about.

Because it's preachy. wink

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 12:46 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote