KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Preacher (AMC)

Preacher (AMC)
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

Allfather D’Arronique is killing it on this show.

Also, Starr’s head injury is just one of many to come!

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 31st, 2018 04:36 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So Cassidy's gay now?

The fuk?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 7th, 2018 06:07 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Was he bisexual in the comics?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 7th, 2018 06:11 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I’m not anti-gay by any means, but I’m hoping that Eccarius is using mind powers on Cass.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 10:22 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Me too, because this was just a really random/gratuitous asspull that simply didn't need to happen, and seems WAY out of place.

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 8th, 2018 at 04:58 PM

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 04:56 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Great episode! The season is almost over and the shit is about to not the fan.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 08:55 AM
Impediment
Endless

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I'm disappointed that the Allfather died so quickly after his appearance this season, but what a way to die.

Tonight's season finale has better be off-the-wall batshit crazy.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2018 02:00 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Finale was good shit.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]:
-We are finally seeing SoK how SoK was meant to be seen -- f*cking up the Angel of Death, killing Satan, etc. Now he's going after Jesse again.

-Jesse vs. Jody was well done... Even though I'm not quite sure how Jesse can overpower/beat a dude who can one arm lift a goddamn truck, but that's neither here nor there.

-Jesse is finally free of Gran'ma.

-Herr Starr has mobilized his army against Jesse.

-Imo, the Cassidy/Eccarius plot was just terrible, and I'm glad it's over.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 01:14 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

So i'm about to start watching this. Did it get renewed for a 4th season yet?

I thought I noticed that the ratings dropped some...

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2018 11:27 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

No news of season 4 renewal, yet.

The show is good, but not great.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the show was eventually cancelled, but I hope not. It’s good for what it is.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2018 12:24 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I love this show. You read the comics first. That's what YOU did wrong! stick out tongue

I've seen episodes 1 and 2 so far of Season 3 and liked quite a bit. It's shaping up nicely already.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 01:04 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I'm five episodes in now and tap-dancing Humperdoo was so bizarrely hilarious even *I* felt a little weird laughing at it! laughing laughing

Although it could have been that I was watching it with my Catholic wife.. heh laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 6th, 2018 09:18 PM
Impediment
Endless

Of course, I read the comics first. The book debuted in 1995 when I was 15. stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 10th, 2018 11:40 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I ****ing died at the Exploding humperdoos

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 10th, 2018 05:23 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
I ****ing died at the Exploding humperdoos

Spoilers, please, sir. I haven't gotten there yet, apparently. Well, I guess I didn't use spoiler tags either.

Well whatevs. I'll just avoid this thread for a while until I finish the season..

I plan to do my patented episode summaries for this season once I'm done. big grin

Old Post Sep 12th, 2018 12:10 AM
Impediment
Endless

Ruth Negga is my Hollywood crush.

Man, I would WRECK that ass.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 01:38 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

She looks like Betty Boop in Season 3.

She's attractive, but she could be hotter with different hair.

(please log in to view the image)

I'm almost done with Season 3 and it is so glorious. Please God, if you're there, please renew Preacher for Season 4.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 10:39 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Preacher: Season 3 Summaries

(pictured: the Allfather)

Episode 1 – Angelville
We meet Jesse’s mom and Gran’ma in the past. Gran’ma apparently killed Jesse’s mother. Back in the present Gran’ma is able to resurrect Tulip from her childhood Purgatory with some of her favorite things and some items procured by Jesse and Jody. But before she returns to the land of the living God speaks to her.

Episode 2 – Sonsabitches
Herr Starr, in India, mercilessly slaughters some Haire Krishnas in the name of Humperdoo and Jesse fails to get his soul back from Herr Starr. Jesse therefore is still left without Genesis, his superpower. And apparently young Jesse used to help get business and souls for his Voodoo Gran’ma, who apparently thrives on human souls.

Episode 3 – Gonna Hurt
Tulip meets God and wants to kick his ass. Jesse has to reopen the Tombs for fighting because they discovered that Cassidy is a vampire.

Episode 4 – The Tombs
We meet jolly ‘ol Satan in hell who whips the Saint of killers and insists that he search out and bring back Eugene and Hitler.

Episode 5 – The Coffin
Jesse has to escape from his watery coffin predicament and Humperdoo shows off his tap dancing skills.

Episode 6 – Les Enfants du Sang
Cassidy, having escaped the Tombs and Angelville, makes friends with and gets entangled with an Interview with the Vampire cliché who possesses greater power than Cassidy. We meet Herr Starr’s superior, the extremely obese Allfather, who desires a nuclear apocalypse to usher in the messiah.

Episode 7 – Hitler
Hitler’s schemes (which are only in their infancy at this point because he is basically working at Subway) are foiled again and he is taken by the Saint. Tulip and friends plan to go undercover as Grail members to rob a soul bank in Japan in the deal made between Gran’ma and Herr Starr. And there are some failed attempts by the Grail to capture Cassidy alive.

Episode 8 – The Tom/Brady
Jesse fails to kill the Allfather and Gensis is incompatible with Humperdoo, haha (until you get the right combination, of couse). The details of the Japanese soul bank heist are revealed.

Episode 9 – Schwarzkopf
Jesse blows up the Allfather with the power of Genesis, spreading the Allfather’s guts all over the room and the vile containing Jesse’s soul falls out of the Allfather’s detached rectum. Jesse and Herr Starr have a bloody, slippery scrambling on the floor trying to retrieve his soul. Jesse ultimately prevails and releases all of the Humperdoo clones out into the world.

Episode 10 – The Light Above
Tulip is saved by God in a great Nazi battle after the bus to Hell crashes, but she still basically tells God to fu#k off. The Saint of Killers shoots Satan in the head and takes Eugene out of hell, leaving Hitler on the throne of Hell. Jesse gets his sweet revenge on Gran’ma. The Grail captures Cassidy just after he delivers himself from the wicked clutches of Les Enfants du Sang. Cassidy is taken to the Grail’s desert headquarters atop a large plateau. Herr Starr states he wants revenge on Jesse.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 10:08 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I think it's going to take an Allfather-sized miracle for this to get renewed for a season 4.

I just have a bad feeling about it since the ratings have sort of been steadily declining.

I'll go ahead and start mentally preparing for the bad news.

I guess I'll have to get the comics to see what's next..

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 12:17 AM
Impediment
Endless

I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if Preacher got cancelled, but I hope not.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 09:15 AM