KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Preacher (AMC)

Preacher (AMC)
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

i will. haven't heard a bad thing about it.

Old Post May 17th, 2016 12:59 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Just a few days away guvs.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post May 17th, 2016 04:19 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
You should totally read the books after you watch the show.

One of the best books ever produced, IMO.

Seconded. A dude ****s an armadillo. It's great.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post May 17th, 2016 04:20 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 17th, 2016 04:31 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

What the hell? No Saint of Killers?!

Hopefully, they're just keeping him secret but I wouldn't be surprised if they cut him entirely...

Old Post May 17th, 2016 04:43 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It'd be pretty difficult to tell this story without SoK, so I'm confident that we'll see him in some capacity.

Old Post May 17th, 2016 05:11 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I'm betting that Sheriff Root and Odin Quincannon will be the main antagonists of season one. The Saint, as well as others, will come in later seasons.

Check out the first opening minutes of Preacher!!!!

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on May 17th, 2016 at 10:06 PM

Old Post May 17th, 2016 09:44 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Two more days.

Old Post May 20th, 2016 12:55 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Geez, not just Dominic Cooper but Ruth Negga as well? (His off screen girlfriend) That's two more actors DC/Vertigo has pulled from Marvel productions - him for playing the young Howard Stark in Captain America and Agent Carter, and her from Agents Of SHIELD. This is such a pattern with them, trying to follow Marvel's playbook for success ("Hey, Ruth played a character known as Flowers on Agents Of SHIELD - she's perfect to play Tulip!" roll eyes (sarcastic) )

I wish the show success, but every time DC & Company have recruited an actor who's already been in a Marvel production, it has backfired in some way.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 20th, 2016 03:30 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Impediment
I'm betting that Sheriff Root and Odin Quincannon will be the main antagonists of season one. The Saint, as well as others, will come in later seasons.

Check out the first opening minutes of Preacher!!!!

Hmmm... That make sense.

And that was surprisingly good. I really enjoyed the “retro” look of Genesis flying to Earth.

Old Post May 20th, 2016 04:17 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Originally posted by roughrider
Geez, not just Dominic Cooper but Ruth Negga as well? (His off screen girlfriend) That's two more actors DC/Vertigo has pulled from Marvel productions - him for playing the young Howard Stark in Captain America and Agent Carter, and her from Agents Of SHIELD. This is such a pattern with them, trying to follow Marvel's playbook for success ("Hey, Ruth played a character known as Flowers on Agents Of SHIELD - she's perfect to play Tulip!" roll eyes (sarcastic) )

I wish the show success, but every time DC & Company have recruited an actor who's already been in a Marvel production, it has backfired in some way.

What the **** nonsense is this contribution

Sig by Scribble

Old Post May 20th, 2016 04:52 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Quincy
What the **** nonsense is this contribution

Halle Berry in Catwoman.

James Marsden and Bryan Singer for Superman Returns.

Ryan Reynolds in Green Lantern.

Ben Affleck & Callan Mulvey in Batman v. Superman.

All of them horribly received or getting a mixed reception from audiences and critics. Only two of them are qualified successes.

Funnily, it hasn't been any problem the other way, actors who did a DC/Vertigo film then doing a Marvel film; they have been acclaimed & successful. Djimon Hounsou, Tilda Swinton (most likely, this November), Zoe Saldana, Natalie Portman, David Dastmalchian...all have done very good to excellent Marvel films.

Hearing Willem 'Green Goblin' Dafoe being cast for Justice League Part 1...next to the fact Zack 'overkill' Snyder is still in charge, this is another unlucky strike against it.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 20th, 2016 08:50 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Tonight.

Old Post May 22nd, 2016 08:24 PM
ares834

It was absolutely nothing like the comic... But damn, what a blast!

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 05:45 AM
Impediment
Endless

I didn't get to watch Preacher last night....and I'm still pissed off.

The ****ing motel in staying at had AMC a few months ago and allowed me to see Negan's debut on The Walking Dead, but now the channel is absent.

Thank **** for Amazon Video and PlayStation 3. I'm gonna watch after I get off of work today.

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 10:38 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

First ep. definitely showed promise. thumb up

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 02:17 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Looks like a horror show with Preacher's name to me.

Remember that time Jesse [SPOILER - highlight to read]: accidentially made an innocent man rip his heart out in front of his mother? Or kill any innocent people?

Is this Preacher or is it Carrie?

Another few things that didn't stick with me, is Jesse himself. Comic book Jesse's entire appeal is about as "real" as Captain America. And like Cap, once you introduce flaws like self doubt, indecisiveness, shit decision making skills, than you break the characters.

I mean, a guy beats his wife Jesse would't talk with the wife behind the husbands back, take a beating for no reason, and finally act when the ******* threatens to beat his son. He'd go confront the son of a ***** and ask him to his face.

Even if the wife claimed she "liked it". (And what was that even put in for? What would it's ommision change? It's the kind of pointless drama you'd expect in season 4 of a played out series, like Arrow. Not a pilot!)

Biggest complaint by far though: Tulip. Just seemed so, so off as a character (And I'm not using code speak for "Smaller boobs". Not "only" that, in any event. stick out tongue )

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 23rd, 2016 02:57 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

^ lol

Originally posted by marwash22
i was gonna read this before the show started, but then decided against it because i don't wanna end up like Game of Thrones book readers (i only read the first book) who can't enjoy the show for it is, instead of what it's "supposed to be".
see what i mean.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 12:01 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

the frantic action in this reminded me a lot of 'Kingsman'.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 12:26 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by marwash22
^ lol

see what i mean.

I'm about to watch Gotham's finale, a show I enjoy which is nothing like the source material. So a stick out tongue to you.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 12:31 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote