KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Essential Reading

Essential Reading
Started by: jinzin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinzin

Essential Reading

Hey guys, been a while. I've got a friend who is an anime/manga nerd but she wants to get into comics now. She's curious where to begin (Of all sorts but also wants to badly know more about Spiderman). I already know which story arcs I'm going to recommend but I was wondering what you guys thought in terms of essential comic book material Marvel and DC. And... Should I tell her to avoid New 52 altogether? lol Anyways, comment below and let me know dammit!

Old Post Sep 21st, 2013 05:33 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

First, the comic book subforum is this way.

It depends on what she's interested in. There's your run of the mill superhero books (Avengers, Superman, JLA, etc), your more "street-level" books (Spiderman, Batman, etc), the darker stuff (Punisher, etc), the indie books, the more mainstream indie-type books (Vertigo; Sandman, Lucifer, Watchmen, etc)...

There's a thousand genres to go here. Need a little more direction to point you in the right direction.

Edit: There's already a similar thread made here, but that's more a list of quality titles/runs rather than good places to start from scratch.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Sep 21st, 2013 05:56 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote