KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Favorite Soccer Players?

Favorite Soccer Players?
Started by: Toby831

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheHulk
Retired Debater

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
That kid from that kung-fu movie or pele, definitely pele
Put him in this generation and he won't even be able to tie Messi's shoelace.

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 05:25 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tammi

I really love watching Messi play.........he is my all time favourite..

Old Post Nov 27th, 2014 11:23 AM
Tammi is currently offline Click here to Send Tammi a Private Message Find more posts by Tammi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nusa105
No Hate Please

My favourites are Griezmann, Torres, Benzema, Kroos, James Rodriguez, Ribery and Lewandowski(Current)

The Players that are i used to like before are Cesc Fabregas, Van Persie, Zidane and Thierry Henry.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 11:42 AM
Nusa105 is currently offline Click here to Send Nusa105 a Private Message Find more posts by Nusa105 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nusa105
No Hate Please

Originally posted by Nusa105
My favourites are Griezmann, Torres, Benzema, Kroos, James Rodriguez, Ribery and Lewandowski(Current)

The Players that are i used to like before are Cesc Fabregas, Van Persie, Zidane and Thierry Henry.

And also, i liked Griezmann Very Much because he's pretty equal to Ronaldo and Messi. Heck, Chelsea and Manchester United were rivaling for the contract for him. But i wish he still in Atletico Madrid or transfer into Bayern Munchen or Arsenal.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 01:43 PM
Nusa105 is currently offline Click here to Send Nusa105 a Private Message Find more posts by Nusa105 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nusa105
No Hate Please

Originally posted by Tammi
I really love watching Messi play.........he is my all time favourite..

Meh, he's stink now. Ronaldo and Griezmann are the Best now!

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 01:44 PM
walshy
Veteran and Pro Wrestler

i wouldn't say messi is stink, but he's not as on fire as he has been, maybe he's just having a quiet spell. i always preferred him over ronaldo myself tbh.

my fave alllll time player tho has to be earnie/robert earnshaw

(please log in to view the image)

cardiff legend

KMCNN: Raz calls OTFOX "fake news"."KMCNN needs updating" cry jerks. Xyz still drunk. Walshy now KMC most accomplished member. Secret thread discovered in matrix forum

Old Post Apr 29th, 2016 11:34 PM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Lewandowski, Aubameyang, Fabian Johnson, Christian Pulisic, Clint Dempsey, Arturo Vidal, Jordan Morris are some of my faves.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 02:23 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Bastian Schweinsteiger.
Jose Altidore (I think he could really distinguish himself this world cup and become a world class player)
Landon Donovan

Lewandowski, Aubameyang, Fabian Johnson, Christian Pulisic, Clint Dempsey, Arturo Vidal, Jordan Morris are some of my faves.

Any reason that you like them for besides them being American?

Old Post May 8th, 2016 03:27 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by Slay
Any reason that you like them for besides them being American?

They're the best or most exciting American players, do I need another reason?

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post May 9th, 2016 03:11 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

They're the best or most exciting American players, do I need another reason?

I mean fair enough and that, if you want to like American players it ain't nothing but a thang, baby. But I think you're giving some of them too much credit. Jozy Altidore has never looked like he would ever distinguish himself as a World class player. He had one decent and one good season in the Dutch league. Even then you could tell he was a decent striker but nothing more, definitely not the next Ronaldo or Suarez. Besides that he's never fulfilled expectations anywhere.

Old Post May 9th, 2016 03:08 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

I mean fair enough and that, if you want to like American players it ain't nothing but a thang, baby. But I think you're giving some of them too much credit. Jozy Altidore has never looked like he would ever distinguish himself as a World class player. He had one decent and one good season in the Dutch league. Even then you could tell he was a decent striker but nothing more, definitely not the next Ronaldo or Suarez. Besides that he's never fulfilled expectations anywhere.

Lol I wrote the Jozy Altidore comment BEFORE he injured his hamstring against Ghana. A lot has changed since then. His career is a sad one, he did have potential but the guy just keeps on getting injured. I think he's injured his hamstring two or three times since the last WC.

Bobby Wood is a much better Yank striker than Altidore, I think that guy is the future of our center forward corps. He's likely to be sold to Hamburg SV in the Bundesliga for $3.5 million, when he was purchased by the 2.Bundesliga Union Berlin for--I think--$500,000 just a year ago.

To stress how much has changed for American soccer since I wrote that comment: John Brooks was a nobody before the WC, and now he's one of the most sought after centerbacks in the Bundesliga, with reported interest from Bayern-Munich before he extended his contract with Hertha Berlin.

As for "the next Suarez" or "next Ronaldo" I don't think it's a realistic goal to have a player of that caliber just yet. We're not developed enough as a footballing nation, we don't have the grassroots competition that allows countries like Uruguay and Portugal to develop those players. It's getting much better though. Our best prospect right now, Christian Pulisic, might one day be the level of someone like Marco Reus or Yaya Toure, top class but not world class. That said, I have a feeling that America's first truly top of the world player has already been born, and will come of age in time for a World Cup in the 2030s.

Old Post May 9th, 2016 05:35 PM
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Lol I wrote the Jozy Altidore comment BEFORE he injured his hamstring against Ghana. A lot has changed since then. His career is a sad one, he did have potential but the guy just keeps on getting injured. I think he's injured his hamstring two or three times since the last WC.

Bobby Wood is a much better Yank striker than Altidore, I think that guy is the future of our center forward corps. He's likely to be sold to Hamburg SV in the Bundesliga for $3.5 million, when he was purchased by the 2.Bundesliga Union Berlin for--I think--$500,000 just a year ago.

To stress how much has changed for American soccer since I wrote that comment: John Brooks was a nobody before the WC, and now he's one of the most sought after centerbacks in the Bundesliga, with reported interest from Bayern-Munich before he extended his contract with Hertha Berlin.

As for "the next Suarez" or "next Ronaldo" I don't think it's a realistic goal to have a player of that caliber just yet. We're not developed enough as a footballing nation, we don't have the grassroots competition that allows countries like Uruguay and Portugal to develop those players. It's getting much better though. Our best prospect right now, Christian Pulisic, might one day be the level of someone like Marco Reus or Yaya Toure, top class but not world class. That said, I have a feeling that America's first truly top of the world player has already been born, and will come of age in time for a World Cup in the 2030s.

Even if he hadn't gotten injured, I've seen Altidore for two seasons in the Eredivisie. Nothing about him at that time said ''possible future World class'' player. More like decent striker for a BPL-side battling relegation or top team in the Championship. I made the comments about Suarez or Ronaldo because they both played in the Eredivisie and it was obvious at the time they would one day become World class players.

I don't follow the Bundesliga enough to know much about those players, but whenever I hear Americans hyping some of their young players it just reminds me of failures like Adu or Donovan (I know he's very popular in the US, but he failed in Europe. In fact, I don't get why players like Bradley or Dempsey who've done decently in Europe don't get his hype in the US).

Old Post May 9th, 2016 09:01 PM
Omega Vision

Even if he hadn't gotten injured, I've seen Altidore for two seasons in the Eredivisie. Nothing about him at that time said ''possible future World class'' player. More like decent striker for a BPL-side battling relegation or top team in the Championship. I made the comments about Suarez or Ronaldo because they both played in the Eredivisie and it was obvious at the time they would one day become World class players.

I don't follow the Bundesliga enough to know much about those players, but whenever I hear Americans hyping some of their young players it just reminds me of failures like Adu or Donovan (I know he's very popular in the US, but he failed in Europe. In fact, I don't get why players like Bradley or Dempsey who've done decently in Europe don't get his hype in the US).

Donovan failed in Europe not because of lack of talent but because he was homesick and didn't really apply himself there. He was a natural talent but didn't have the ambition to be world class.

Also, I think I should point out that the thread is "favorite" players, not "best" players, so I don't see any problem with picking players who aren't necessarily the best in the world if they're the players who I follow.

Old Post May 10th, 2016 12:53 AM
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Donovan failed in Europe not because of lack of talent but because he was homesick and didn't really apply himself there. He was a natural talent but didn't have the ambition to be world class.

Also, I think I should point out that the thread is "favorite" players, not "best" players, so I don't see any problem with picking players who aren't necessarily the best in the world if they're the players who I follow.

I'm sure that's his excuse. I think attitude and mentality are part of what makes a player so if he's lacking in that department... Look at CR7, people question his mentality all the time because he likes flashy clothes and supermodels, but at the same time he's modeled his entire life around being the best possible player he can be.

I never said there was a problem, I just wondered what your reason behind it was. Can't a man ask any questions without people immediately drawing the lines of their safe-zones anymore?

Last edited by Slay on May 10th, 2016 at 12:26 PM

Old Post May 10th, 2016 12:21 PM
Omega Vision

I'm sure that's his excuse. I think attitude and mentality are part of what makes a player so if he's lacking in that department... Look at CR7, people question his mentality all the time because he likes flashy clothes and supermodels, but at the same time he's modeled his entire life around being the best possible player he can be.

I never said there was a problem, I just wondered what your reason behind it was. Can't a man ask any questions without people immediately drawing the lines of their safe-zones anymore?

Lol I wasn't offended by your question or anything.

Old Post May 10th, 2016 12:52 PM
Omega Vision

Add Claudio Pizzaro to my list. Amazing that he got 15 goals in a season at 37 years old.

Old Post May 19th, 2016 07:40 PM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Favourite players?

James Coppinger.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post May 20th, 2016 01:08 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

I wish James Rodriguez had maintained his WC form, if he had he'd be up there with the likes of Messi and Ronaldo.

Old Post May 20th, 2016 08:26 PM
-Pr-

Madrid is a bit of a cursed club, and has been for a while imo. Far too much in the way of politics.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied – chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post May 20th, 2016 08:35 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

The problem with Madrid is 1. Ronaldo, 2. Ronaldo and 3. Ronaldo.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post May 21st, 2016 10:02 AM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote