KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Gotham

Gotham
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 11 12 [13]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Now that's how you do a season finale, and set up the next season.

It's only going to be 13 episodes, but maybe that's a good thing. They can cut out filler, and get right to it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 18th, 2018 01:28 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Next season is only 13 episodes? Da fuq? Where did you hear that? Did the ratings really go down that much? Perhaps it will be for the best though for the reason you mentioned.

Regardless, think I reached my limit with Barbara Kean at this point. Quite irritating when they repeatedly kill off some characters in the show I like while they keep her annoying character around.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on May 18th, 2018 at 07:19 PM

Old Post May 18th, 2018 07:11 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gotham was on the chopping block next to Lethal Weapon, and word was they could only keep one.

Looks like they decided to keep both, with the caveat that Gotham only gets about half a season, and a series finale.

I can only assume there's something on the horizon some suits of pushing, that isn't quite ready for prime time yet.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 18th, 2018 07:28 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^good to know they have time to wrap things up.

13 eps i dont mind. It’ll keep the story moving without a lot of needless padding.

Old Post May 18th, 2018 10:06 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Were we getting a Man-Bat teaser there at the end?

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post May 18th, 2018 10:15 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Apparently season 5 was originally planned to just have 10 episodes, but later moved it up to 12. Even with that said though, there's still more padding this season than I thought there'd be (much as I enjoy most things about this show), with there being only two episodes left as of now... Get the feeling the ending's gonna feel rushed, though hopefully will still enjoy it for what it is.

They waited awhile between "revealing" him and later showing him for an episode, but Bane as expected is badass. thumb up He feels sorta overpowered for this kind of show setting though, not that I'm complaining they saved someone like him for the season finale. Even with there being no bat for him to break, seeing what he did to Alfred and such was still brutal.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Mar 22nd, 2019 at 02:57 AM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2019 02:55 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I gotta watch this ep. still, but thought i’d share the Batsuit revealed.
Saw it earlier this month:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu6rwKV...d=1d3hixnhm4nqh

Read some complaints about it, but, it looks better than the Nolan version (imho).
The cowl doesnt make it look like the mannequin has the mumps, and the cape doesnt look like a shower curtain held up by two refrigerator magnets.
Cant waut to see it onscreen.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2019 04:41 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Bale I only liked much in Batman Begins, but your dislike for Nolan's Batman I guess aside, that batsuit there looks about what I expected, given this show's style and everything. Acceptable for Gotham.

Appreciated how well this Bruce developed throughout the show. Seeing him fight Bane (I assume) will be something alright. Speaking of, think I might actually like this show's Bane more than the Nolan one after how much a disappointment Dark Knight Rises was; at least we got to see a bit how he was before the transformation, and is actually a big guy with enhanced strength (no disrespect to Tom Hardy).

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2019 05:43 AM
riv6672

Yeah, this suit’s a good ‘year one’ version, not yet streamlined and polished. Would have seemed if it was.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2019 05:47 AM
riv6672

The penultimate ep. was pretty good, even if the ending was too pat. But i get the why behind it.
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Gotham is saved, Bane gets his comeuppance, Nissa escapes, and Jim gets made Commissioner.
I love they didnt go the ‘Lee has to be killed off for Jim and Barbara to end up together’ route.
Instead the characters behaved like adults, and just moved on/forward.
Penguin’s eye injury set up his need for a monocle; a small thing, but i appreciated it. From next week’s sneak peek at the 10 year jump, it looks like he puts on a few pounds, too.
He and Riddler’s last scene was perfectly in keeping w. the series, as they professed undying loyalty while planning to stab each other in the back, literally in this case. Well done.
Selina looked heartbroken as she watched Bruce leave. Thats gonna go a long way to getting her to the Catwoman we know as an adult.

Cant wait for next week. Glad i stuck it out w. this show, even through the very rough patches.
Taken as a whole, it did a good job.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 12:39 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Indeed. thumb up The semi-final episode wasn't exactly what I expected either, but solid setup for the finale nonetheless.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 05:04 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The finale was alright, though made me kinda sad when I realized I would like a Batman show with the current cast and setup that we'll probably never get. Bittersweet to say the least, but at least there was closure.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2019 09:28 PM
Arachnid1

This was probably one of the worst seasons this show has had, and that is saying something. The last episode was also really anticlimactic. Riddler is usually the one with the convoluted plan. Turns out Joker is pulling everyone strings including his? And he gets defeated in an instant with a couple of batarangs (what happened to the mastermind from last season?)? All the blackmailed cops fear didn't have any kind of pay off for all that build up either. Meanwhile, Nyssa just leaves and Bane does fuk all? They should have just given the main 3 villains (Penguin, Riddler, Joker) each their own 4 episode arc for this season to wrap things up and left out Bane/Nyssa altogether. Honestly, watching prior seasons wasn't worth the pay off here.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 27th, 2019 01:58 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

finale was pretty decent. i wanted to see more of batman

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 27th, 2019 03:44 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
This was probably one of the worst seasons this show has had, and that is saying something. The last episode was also really anticlimactic. Riddler is usually the one with the convoluted plan. Turns out Joker is pulling everyone strings including his? And he gets defeated in an instant with a couple of batarangs (what happened to the mastermind from last season?)? All the blackmailed cops fear didn't have any kind of pay off for all that build up either. Meanwhile, Nyssa just leaves and Bane does fuk all? They should have just given the main 3 villains (Penguin, Riddler, Joker) each their own 4 episode arc for this season to wrap things up and left out Bane/Nyssa altogether. Honestly, watching prior seasons wasn't worth the pay off here.

Season 3 was the worst by far, but yeah, the final season was rushed in how they wrapped up the last couple episodes, especially with that 10 year time skip, though I liked Bane and Nyssa. I guess I wasn't too bothered at Riddler and Penguin getting more pushed aside when they had all those previous seasons to shine.

I'd probably put the final season up there with the first one; okay/average. S3 as aforementioned was mostly bad, but seasons 2 and 4 were great, even if S5 (the final) didn't quite match the buildup.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2019 05:08 AM
riv6672

I enjoyed the finale, really.
It was nice they didnt skimp on the main cast in favor of Batting things up. We got just enough i think, to make it fun.
That fun for me, came in everyone’s reactions to the new player in the game, and as a viewer, knowing how the status quo had just changed.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2019 09:21 AM