KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Gotham

Gotham
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

Show seems pointless to me. Just a cheap gimmick

Old Post Jun 9th, 2014 07:34 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 09:01 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Well I'm disappointed. This trailer looks cool but I'm guessing were not getting Batman or villains doing villain things which just makes this a cop show.

I was not looking forward to a cop show.
This was always going to be a gimmick cop show from the beginning.

I don't think it ever presented itself as anything other than that.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 1st, 2014 10:03 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Never saw the appeal from the beginning. Not impressed by Gordon in the trailer.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2014 11:07 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Meh, I like cop shows. smile

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2014 09:21 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

im gonna watch the pilot but I also am not excited about this show. Probably won't watch past the first episode unless it wows me.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2014 06:03 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
im gonna watch the pilot but I also am not excited about this show. Probably won't watch past the first episode unless it wows me.

sad sad sad embarrasment

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2014 06:52 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

monday night, i'll be watching

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 04:57 AM
Darth Thor

Cool. Will check it out. But I'm already going to be watching 4 weekly comic book TV series: Walking Dead, Arrow, Flash and The Strain. So realistically from now on the pilot will have to really get me for me to add a new one to my list every week.

AOS will probably be off my list now.

But to be honest even ones I don't watch weekly, I will probably marathon catch up in the other half of the year when none of these shows are on providing they're at least half decent.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 10:41 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Thats a good way to do it.
Keep certain shows on the back burner. Always good to have something to watch.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 05:41 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

WOW...WOW....WOW.. what a great grand season premiere. Ben McKenzie kicks ass as Jim Gordon. I enjoyed each and every minute of the show.. Donal Logue great as Harvey.. Even Jada Pickett-Smith was good and I despise her and her family

next week can;t come fast enough

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 04:04 AM
YFZ 350

I agree. This was very good.

"The 350 twin is still the king of the dunes"

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 10:51 PM
YFZ 350 is currently offline Click here to Send YFZ 350 a Private Message Find more posts by YFZ 350 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

It was a lot better than i'd anticipated.
Recording it for one of my kids, but i'll watch it too.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2014 12:02 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

It was mediocre imo. Fairly ok.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2014 04:41 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

What could be improved?
Other than a Barbara/Montoya love scene, i mean...

Old Post Sep 24th, 2014 09:00 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure. I guess I'm just not that interested in a pre-Batman Gotham show. Its basically a standard cop-show with sly winks to Batman lore and the corruption amped up.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2014 09:41 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I kind of agree. It was a good pilot, but now I just want Batman to show up and do some real detective work/ass-kickery. I don't really care about watching Gordon CSI his way through Gotham's criminal underworld. /shrug

Aside from that, I hope the doofus they have playing Edward Nigma is replaced by someone else if The Riddler-proper ever premiers in this series. The scene with that kid may have been among the most annoying 30 seconds of television I have ever watched.

(please log in to view the image)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 24th, 2014 at 10:55 PM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2014 10:42 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Nephthys
I'm not sure. I guess I'm just not that interested in a pre-Batman Gotham show. Its basically a standard cop-show with sly winks to Batman lore and the corruption amped up.

I totally understand.
I honestly wouldnt have watched it if not for my kid.
Still, i want to see how many nods to continuity they can stick in there.

And that love scene!

Originally posted by Galan007
I kind of agree. It was a good pilot, but now I just want Batman to show up and do some real detective work/ass-kickery. I don't really care about watching Gordon CSI his way through Gotham's criminal underworld. /shrug

Aside from that, I hope the doofus they have playing Edward Nigma is replaced by someone else if The Riddler-proper ever premiers in this series. The scene with that kid may have been among the most annoying 30 seconds of television I have ever watched.

(please log in to view the image)

Ha, i think Bullock would agree with you on Nigma!

Old Post Sep 24th, 2014 10:59 PM
tkitna

I liked it a lot. Damn if that little kid doesn't have Bruce Wayne down to a tee towards the end. You can hear his determination and confidence when he talks. Looking forward to watching more of this.

By Stoic

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 04:56 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Nephthys

Agreed. At the very least I think they should have set when Batman was around and explore what it's like for normal people when super heroes and villains are running around. Similar to the comic Gotham Central actually.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 04:59 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote