KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Gotham

Gotham
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Agreed. At the very least I think they should have set when Batman was around and explore what it's like for normal people when super heroes and villains are running around. Similar to the comic Gotham Central actually.

That would have been interesting, BUT. Then people would have complained about the lack of Batman, in a show where he could, conceivably, show up.
Not saying we fans are hard to please or anything...

Originally posted by tkitna
I liked it a lot. Damn if that little kid doesn't have Bruce Wayne down to a tee towards the end. You can hear his determination and confidence when he talks. Looking forward to watching more of this.

Yeah, i got that vibe too. Especially when he shook Gordon's hand an silenced Alfred.
Looks like we'll see more of him, so this will hopefully be explored.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 08:02 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I heard that comedian auditioning for Fish is actually the Joker.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2014 02:51 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well I liked it. We knew from Day 1 Batman was never going to show up until the final episode. So no point in complaining about that. But I'm betting after a few seasons they will jump ahead 5 years or something and we will start to see Bruce kicking butt and becoming the World's Greatest Detective.

I guess the difference between this and any other cop show though will be that the police force will mostly be full of corrupt cops. Corruption on all levels of society will clearly be a focus which should be interesting. And as a bonus we'll be seeing the origins of all these classic Batman Villains.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Sep 28th, 2014 at 12:58 AM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2014 12:55 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

If nothing else the episode gave me a strong craving to rewatch Batman: Year One. Great movie.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2014 01:09 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by juggernaut74
I heard that comedian auditioning for Fish is actually the Joker.

I heard that too. Weird that when he was un the background during Fish's scene he looked close to tears.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2014 10:27 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Well I liked it. We knew from Day 1 Batman was never going to show up until the final episode. So no point in complaining about that. But I'm betting after a few seasons they will jump ahead 5 years or something and we will start to see Bruce kicking butt and becoming the World's Greatest Detective.

I guess the difference between this and any other cop show though will be that the police force will mostly be full of corrupt cops. Corruption on all levels of society will clearly be a focus which should be interesting. And as a bonus we'll be seeing the origins of all these classic Batman Villains.

Yeah i cant see complaining. At least not about a lack of Batman.
This is a watch or dont watch type show in that respect.
Everything you pointed out is the hook, in an intriguing in hindsight way. Like when Falcone went on about how business is done, and rules, not knowing that within the next 10 years or so some of the most chaotic personalities possible would be edging out "organized" crime, and someone who makes his OWN rules would be taking the city as his own.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2014 10:33 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by riv6672
I heard that too. Weird that when he was un the background during Fish's scene he looked close to tears.

I heard they were going to introduce multiple people who "could" be the Joker.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2014 10:50 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Ah, how cool. Thanks for that.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2014 11:07 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Nephthys
I heard they were going to introduce multiple people who "could" be the Joker.

I can see that happening. They will tease us for a while when it comes to the one and only Joker.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2014 11:13 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I think they're going for a Killing Joke thing where the Joker has multiple possible origin stories. Which is really cool imo.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2014 11:29 AM
riv6672

Thats what came to mind after you posted. Smooth move on their part.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2014 11:41 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

2nd show was AWESOME.. im liking all aspects of this show

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 04:15 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Sitting down to watch right now.
Looks to be a cat-centric episode...

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 06:30 AM
riv6672

Enjoyable, with dark humor and a bit of character development and foreshadowing. This might have legs...

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 07:42 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

thumb up

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 10:59 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Not a bad ep. at all.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 08:35 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

you just have got to love Cobblepot.. he's a scene stealer

does anyone think that Harvey will go good by season's end?

oh and when Jim touched Barbara's tummy was that foreshadowing a pregnancy??

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 7th, 2014 04:03 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So 'ol Babs is an ex-junkie/lesbian, who still appears to have junkie/lesbian tendencies when she's 'stressed'?

Yup, that's wifey material right there. thumb up

Old Post Oct 7th, 2014 05:41 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Balloon-man is the hero we deserve, but not the one we need right now.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2014 08:28 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"Beneath this balloon there is an idea, Mister Gordon... And ideas are bullet-proof!"

Old Post Oct 7th, 2014 08:47 PM