KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Gotham

Gotham
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Apparently balloons aren't though.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2014 09:45 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

sad

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 7th, 2014 11:09 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

So are they having Powers in this show? Selina told Gordon she could see in the dark.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2014 11:28 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ I really, really hope not.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 01:55 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Okay I finally got around seeing the pilot for this and was not impressed. So is this show worth continuing or what?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 02:19 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

It's kind of hilariously bad. If you think that the juxtaposition of "Balloonman" and serious crime drama is something you'd find funny then give it a shot. I dunno if I'm gonna continue much myself. I like the Penguin plot and Psycho-Bruce Wayne is neat but Gotham itself is so cartoonishly corrupt and full of crazy people but it still kind of takes things seriously???

I could probably go nuts writing about how I feel about all the disparate aspects of the show. It's pretty bizarre.

Also didn't Cat have goggles? Maybe thats how she sees in the dark.

Last edited by Nephthys on Oct 8th, 2014 at 09:26 AM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 09:23 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, it lost me with this balloon BS. You mean to tell me that out of all the murder tools/methods they could have had the killer use in order to leave his proverbial 'mark' on Gotham, 4 phucking weather balloons is the best they could come up with..?

How can that be anything but laughable? Srsly.

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 9th, 2014 at 05:06 AM

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 04:54 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

There actually is (or was) a DC character named Balloonman. He had powers though and didn't fight by tying balloons to people.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 08:36 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

The tone in this episode was all over the place which ruined it. They need to stick to the grounded gritty tone Imho.

But I'm definitely going to give the show a chance to repair itself because I really liked the pilot, and Cobblepot plus Young Bruce are just too good to stop watching.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 09:03 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

IMO, the Gordon and Bullock dynamic is the best part of the show. Cobblepot I like, needs a job = kills guy for shoes, hilariously bad writing. Young Bruce, I'm getting fed up with his shit already.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 10:09 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
IMO, the Gordon and Bullock dynamic is the best part of the show. Cobblepot I like, needs a job = kills guy for shoes, hilariously bad writing. Young Bruce, I'm getting fed up with his shit already.
This. I also don't mind Gordon's junkie/lesbian fiance--she's not bad on the eyes, and I'm pretty sure she's going to scissor the bejesus out of her ex-girlfriend at some point... So that's something to look forward to. thumb up

Young Bruce is just turning into an emo little b*tch, though.

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 9th, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 11:02 PM
Darth Thor

Can't for the life of me understand the hating on Young Bruce. The last thing he's doing is being a whiny b***h..

In fact the best complaint for him would be that he ISN'T whining and bit***g when he should be, and that instead he's developing his Batman personality/traits far too quickly.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 11:40 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Cobblepot continues to be a scene stealer.. Im liking his "rise" as crime boss

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 04:14 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Gordon is such a hypocritical douche.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 02:47 PM
janus77
Banana Genius

This show feels like it was spun off from Lois & Clark The New Adventures of Superman.

One of their "mature" episodes, where they ape "adult" TV genres and themes.

Gotham is ridiculously broken, you wonder why anybody with any money lives there. The character selection is poor and establishing Catwoman as older than BatMan, by a fair few years (she's 13-14ish, right? I can't gauge age sad), makes it impossible for Batman to tango with her when he's in his late twenties. Just can't imagine a 30yr+ Catwoman being at all sprightly and acrobatic.

Penguin is ok, less intelligent than you'd want, but not as bad as the cardboard cut out characters of "Fish" Mooney, Balloonman etc.

All in all, it could be much worse, Jim Gordon's good, Alfred's ... cockney and soft and Gordon's gf's bi ... Shame this isn't an HBO show, would have enjoyed that.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 05:49 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Nephthys
Gordon is such a hypocritical douche.

Ey?

If your referring to him not sharing his "murdering" of Cobblepot story then your being as whiny as his GF.

That's: 1)Work confidentiality (as far as she knows)
2) Protecting her life from criminals like Cobblepot (from his point of view).

Hardly the same thing as her not telling him that he's working with her Ex!

Originally posted by janus77
The character selection is poor and establishing Catwoman as older than BatMan, by a fair few years (she's 13-14ish, right? I can't gauge age sad), makes it impossible for Batman to tango with her when he's in his late twenties. Just can't imagine a 30yr+ Catwoman being at all sprightly and acrobatic.

She's like 12.

3 years older than him tops.

Looks like people are looking for criticisms. I personally have been enjoying, even though I was never sold on the idea before the show started.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 10:12 PM
janus77
Banana Genius

I just like my shows a little more "serious" (tightly plotted, well written, intelligent development ...).

This show has great gaping holes in it, when characters like BalloonMan and "Fish" Mooney are the focus of plots.

That said, it's tangentially about Batman, so I will probably watch another few episodes and then maybe dip into it in a few years time (if it lasts that long) to see if it has grown up as a show or not.

A show about bleak, crime infested Gotham WITHOUT Batman, seems kind of redundant and silly, don't you think?

I mean there are many adult cop-dramas set in grim suburbs/cities with all sorts of intricate and REALISTIC criminality ... Offering the kind of drama that is engrossing and intellectually rewarding (as much as entertainment can be).

I'm making an effort to watch this purely because of the comic book source material. So if anything, I feel I am giving it a chance that I wouldn't have, had it been unrelated to Batman.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 11:42 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

A show about bleak, crime infested Gotham WITHOUT Batman, seems kind of redundant and silly, don't you think?

This seems to a problem a lot of people have, even though we all knew this is what it was going to be.

Kind of like many people had the issue with AOS that there were no superheroes even though we were told it was never going to be about superheroes from day 1.

So if anything, I feel I am giving it a chance that I wouldn't have, had it been unrelated to Batman.

That's exactly how I feel about AOS. There's just no way I'd still be watching that show if it wasn't part of the MCU.

Anyway another week or 2 and I'll decide which show I'm going to drop on a weekly basis Gotham or AOS. Because there's just too many shows for me to watch every week, so I have to start dropping stuff, and I've decided to drop 1 comic book show, and there's no way I'm gonna drop Walking Dead, The Flash or Arrow. But whichever one I do drop I'll likely just end up Marathoning it 6 months from now anyway.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Oct 15th, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 10:36 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

This show is cheesy as hell... It just is. And the sad thing is that I'm actually being much less critical of it then I would normally be, because it's geared around the comic book/Batman mythos--I find myself constantly giving it the benefit of the doubt and whatnot.

That being said: if there's just more of the same next week, I'm done following.

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 16th, 2014 at 04:33 PM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2014 04:20 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Yeah, I'm about to give up myself. It's turning out to be nothing more than a silly and mediocre buddy-cop show at best.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2014 05:22 PM