KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Gotham

Gotham
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-K-M-

Don't like the backstory they gave to [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Joker, but the actor did a pretty good rendition of the clown prince if only for a minute when he went full crazy

Overall Gotham is a let down for me.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 01:51 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

tonight's show was pretty decent..

cameron monaghan did a fair job as Joker

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 05:03 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Honestly, I'm seeing really no reason to like the Barbara character at all.

Also the "dance" scene at the end was cheese. I get what they wanted to convey, but still cheese.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 05:12 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Agreed, in the very least Barbara could have invited Jim to a MFF 3-way

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 10:44 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't see Gotham as a let down. For me, it's like this: we already have way way too many procedural cop shows on tv. Gotham is also the same type of show, but because it gets to draw from characters from the DC universe..I find it vastly more entertaining then any procedural cop show on the air. It doesn't seem like procedural cop shows are going anywhere anytime soon, so at least here you have something that makes it stand out a bit more. Some of the characters are good, others not so much. At this point I don't care one way or another what happens to young Bruce.

I do find it interesting though that we get to see how some of Batman's most famous villains became that way. Normally we don't really get to see much of that, we are usually just told their back story and maybe they throw in a few flashbacks here and there.

As for this episode, I enjoyed it. I know some people will disagree, but I think the actor playing the Joker in some ways was even better then Heath Ledger was. Mostly, it was the facial expressions combined with the way he delivered his lines.

I also like Jim's new girlfriend a lot better then I did Barbara. Though I get the feeling that Jim' new girl is either going to end up dead by the end of the season.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 11:16 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I don't see Gotham as a let down. For me, it's like this: we already have way way too many procedural cop shows on tv. Gotham is also the same type of show, but because it gets to draw from characters from the DC universe..I find it vastly more entertaining then any procedural cop show on the air. It doesn't seem like procedural cop shows are going anywhere anytime soon, so at least here you have something that makes it stand out a bit more. Some of the characters are good, others not so much. At this point I don't care one way or another what happens to young Bruce.

I do find it interesting though that we get to see how some of Batman's most famous villains became that way. Normally we don't really get to see much of that, we are usually just told their back story and maybe they throw in a few flashbacks here and there.

As for this episode, I enjoyed it. I know some people will disagree, but I think the actor playing the Joker in some ways was even better then Heath Ledger was. Mostly, it was the facial expressions combined with the way he delivered his lines.

I also like Jim's new girlfriend a lot better then I did Barbara. Though I get the feeling that Jim' new girl is either going to end up dead by the end of the season.

i agree with some of your points

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 11:54 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

This show is far from a letdown.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 02:12 AM
juggernaut74 is online now! Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I did like the actor's rendition of [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The Joker...or at least the start of the Joker

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 09:31 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why are you putting spoiler tags? I would think a person clicking this topic would expect spoilers, right?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 05:03 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Why are you putting spoiler tags? I would think a person clicking this topic would expect spoilers, right?

No I visit sometimes before I get a chance to see the latest episode just to see if people generally liked it or not.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 05:40 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

No

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 10:36 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

That makes no real sense though. If you know a new episode has just aired, I don't know why you'd venture into a topic discussing it. For me, I'd just go to a site like www.tv.com which will give reviews of the episodes(in number form) and you can also read the review if you want to be spoiled, but if not you still get an idea of if people liked it.

But meh, that's just me, I'd wanna take any chance of spoilers out of the equation.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 06:09 PM
Jmanghan

How are the fight scenes?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 06:30 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Btw, why the hell is Red Hood around? Bruce Wayne is still a kid, its confusing and makes no sense.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 06:32 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Jmanghan
How are the fight scenes?

They are done well, but since this isn't a show with super heroes or any real superhumans...you usually don't see big fights.

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Btw, why the hell is Red Hood around? Bruce Wayne is still a kid, its confusing and makes no sense.

Well, Bruce is like 12-13 years old. So if the Red Hood gang we see in the episode is made up of mostly teenagers..it wouldn't be THAT far of a stretch. I mean the Joker in this show is only like 15-16.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 07:09 PM
Darth Thor

Man this show is getting really bad now.

I knew it was gonna screw up when they extended their originally planned 16 episode to a full 22 episodes. You can tell all the recent episodes are just filler in episodes to stretch out a season.

Kind of glad now Agent Carter is a mini series because I love that show. Whereas I used to like Gotham but don't anymore.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2015 11:30 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by -K-M-

Also the "dance" scene at the end was cheese. I get what they wanted to convey, but still cheese.

Agreed. It hardly had the effect of Leech in Game of Thrones. They should have showed some of the torture for that effect. And shown he's not in the same physical condition anymore. His dance made him seem pretty fine physically.

This show needs to decide on a tone and stick to it. It goes from serious/dark/gritty to cheese way to often.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2015 01:14 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Man this show is getting really bad now.

I knew it was gonna screw up when they extended their originally planned 16 episode to a full 22 episodes. You can tell all the recent episodes are just filler in episodes to stretch out a season.

Kind of glad now Agent Carter is a mini series because I love that show. Whereas I used to like Gotham but don't anymore.

I can't help finding Agent Carter just a bad show. Nowhere near the quality of "Agents of Shield".

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 01:13 AM
-K-M-

"I need a Danish" honestly this show. Uuuuuh. Giving it till the end of the season

Way to hold the "red hood" for evidence Gordon. So what you picked it up and then threw it on the ground shortly afterwards and walked away?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 01:58 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

tonight's show was okay...

was more interested in bruce and fish

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 05:03 AM