KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Started by: janus77

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Firefly218
Browncoat

If the keeps getting better like this on a consistent basis we are in for one hell of a season finale

Old Post Nov 8th, 2013 04:55 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Firefly218
I don't understand the intense dislike people have towards Ward and Skye. They aren't incredibly interesting as of yet, but how are they annoying? These actors don't have much experience, before AOS, so just give em some time to grow into their roles

For me it's just a lack of charm and charisma mixed in with mediocre acting/over acting, and corny lines/bad dialogue. I don't hate them, but they haven't engaged me in anyway until this last episode.

I find the rest of the team to be quite enjoyable.

By: Juk

Old Post Nov 8th, 2013 08:53 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Might stop watching this. Because just watching it for the sake of it now really.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2013 03:17 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
God Emperor

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Might stop watching this. Because just watching it for the sake of it now really.
Um. Okay? No one is gonna stop you from not watching it. Funny though that you mention this after most of us just got done saying the last episode was the best so far...

"Beneath this mask there's more than Flesh, there is an idea; and ideas are bulletproof."

Old Post Nov 10th, 2013 06:11 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
[B]Um. Okay? No one is gonna stop you from not watching it. Funny though that you mention this after most of us just got done saying the last episode was the best so far.

Maybe I'm a week behind. The last one I've seen was with the Chitari virus. Don't see what was so good about it tbh. There's just not been one episode in the first quater of the season that I can say "that was frigging awesome". The highlight for me was probably the creation of Graviton, and that's just as a comic book Nerd. Don't see why your general audience would be excited by that.

I've praised Thor 2 more than most. And Avengers; Thor and Iron Man are amongst my top favorite comic book movies of all time. Doesn't mean I have to worship any crap Marvel studios comes out with. I've even given this show a chance week after week because I generally love Joss Whedon shows. But he seems to have lost his Mojo for this.

I'll look out for any major cameos and exceptionally well reviewed episodes. But aside from that wasting an hour every week in hopes of the show getting better isn't exactly the best use of my time.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2013 11:33 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
God Emperor

I've praised Thor 2 more than most. And Avengers; Thor and Iron Man are amongst my top favorite comic book movies of all time.
So? what does that have to do with anything? Also, that's not true. Thor 2 got an 86% audience approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. And a good Imdb score as well. Most normal people that watched it liked it.
quote:
Doesn't mean I have to worship any crap Marvel studios comes out with.
Well, no one is asking you to. But this show is hardly crap. If you don't want to watch it, don't watch it. My point is, it's starting to pick up the last couple episodes...so leaving now would be a bit premature on most people's accounts.
quote:
I'll look out for any major cameos and exceptionally well reviewed episodes. But aside from that wasting an hour every week in hopes of the show getting better isn't exactly the best use of my time.
It sounds to me like you're just wanting to see superheroes all the time or cameos...that's not what the show is about. This was supposed to be a show about shield and how it handles threats on a normal "human" operating level. Expecting it to be anything else means you went in with the wrong expectations.

Personally, on a Tuesday night I don't have anything better to do for that hour, and I enjoy the show. Is it the best? No, but to me it's still fun to watch and it's starting to grow on me.

"Beneath this mask there's more than Flesh, there is an idea; and ideas are bulletproof."

Old Post Nov 10th, 2013 08:46 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834
Grand Moff

Well, as last week show showed us, when it takes itself seriously and sidelines Skye it is vastly more entertaining. Sadly, I don't think they are going to do that.

--- You May Fire When Ready ---

Old Post Nov 10th, 2013 08:53 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

It's not so much Skye that's the issue, it's the focus. They have been too focussed on Skye as the audience's surrogate in the wacky world of SHIELD. Her relationship with Coulson, the spy-guy and with SHIELD's s.o.p. and then on top of that, her subversive activities with Rising Tide...

It was just too much of the show's focus being placed upon narratives and interactions central to one new character.

The Alphas approach was better, the traditional thing of having a bunch of characters come together, fight against some evil, then slowly each one has their back-story come to the fore as a bad-guy/new relationship/obstacle for the new group.

Oh and much much more Simmons. She's quite ... fascinating.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Nov 10th, 2013 09:01 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
Icey Dead People

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Hope they address the beast from the frost giants world running around london

Old Post Nov 10th, 2013 09:02 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Sorrow

Originally posted by janus77
Simmons though

thumb up

Old Post Nov 11th, 2013 03:48 AM
The Sorrow is currently offline Click here to Send The Sorrow a Private Message Find more posts by The Sorrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

So? what does that have to do with anything? Also, that's not true. Thor 2 got an 86% audience approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

It's 66% on RT. Not that I care what critics think.

And a good Imdb score as well. Most normal people that watched it liked it.

Most normal people liked it. I loved it. So like I said I've praised it more than most.

It sounds to me like you're just wanting to see superheroes all the time or cameos...that's not what the show is about. This was supposed to be a show about shield and how it handles threats on a normal "human" operating level. Expecting it to be anything else means you went in with the wrong expectations.

Maybe I was expecting more super powered heroes to be around. But then I love Arrow and that hasn't displayed any superpowers up until now. So that's not a requirement for me to enjoy a comic book based tv series.

Personally, on a Tuesday night I don't have anything better to do for that hour, and I enjoy the show. Is it the best? No, but to me it's still fun to watch and it's starting to grow on me.

Ah well it's Friday night here, repeated on Saturday. The Graviton episode was still the best one for me. I'm sure when Whedon gives more time and focus to this it will vastly improve. The guy's a genius, just not sure where his genius has been hiding with this show thus far.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2013 09:06 AM
CPT Space Bomb
God Emperor

It's 66% on RT. Not that I care what critics think.
That's why I pointed out the AUDIENCE score was 86%. Which I agree with you; the critcis on rt are getting worse all the time when it comes to super hero flicks.

Man of Steel was also recieved 20 points higher by the audience than the critics...both MOS and Thor: The Dark World are much better films than rt critics make you think

Old Post Nov 11th, 2013 06:12 PM
Darth Thor

That's why I pointed out the AUDIENCE score was 86%. Which I agree with you; the critcis on rt are getting worse all the time when it comes to super hero flicks.

Man of Steel was also recieved 20 points higher by the audience than the critics...both MOS and Thor: The Dark World are much better films than rt critics make you think

thumb up

Old Post Nov 11th, 2013 06:59 PM
bats2jm

did anyone read this article http://www.forbes.com/sites/merrill...ys-going-to-be/
good read.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2013 08:50 AM
bats2jm is currently offline Click here to Send bats2jm a Private Message Find more posts by bats2jm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

I have now

agree with it too regarding people expecting it to be something else.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2013 08:56 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I was personally expecting an "Alphas" type show. I knew the team would be "Agents" with no powers, but I was also expecting regular cameos and help from super powered heroes, preferably with names we recognize.

Still that's not what the complaints are about. I think we were just expecting a better "quality" show from Whedon and Marvel studios. Something as entertaining as Arrow (which incidentally also has no super powered heroes so far).

But then to be fair, can't expect everything Marvel comes out with to be "the best thing ever!"

Old Post Nov 12th, 2013 12:07 PM
janus77
Banana Genius

Still that's not what the complaints are about. I think we were just expecting a better "quality" show from Whedon and Marvel studios. Something as entertaining as Arrow (which incidentally also has no super powered heroes so far).

Laurel's super-power to suck the life out of the show, whenever she's on screen?

I was expecting something good (that is, much much better than Arrow stick out tongue), what I've seen so far is mediocre, sometimes embarrassingly tedious and cliche and only in the last few episodes has it raised itself upto the dizzy heights of "fairly good".

They should ditch May, give Coulson either more friction with SHIELD or some more action and presence (his character is fairly laid-back anyway but with the near death experience he's become like a "Zen monk" or something, totally ill-suited to an action show), shove Skye to the periphery along with her action-man mentor, develop Fitz a little more and give Simmons prominence as the leading female on the show.

And then, sprinkle guys like Power Man, IF, DareDevil, Peter Parker, Black Widow, Ms Marvel and others in amongst the various arcs.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2013 12:50 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this show need lesbionics methinks...

stick out tongue

Thanks Steve... The Darkside of the force...

Old Post Nov 12th, 2013 06:09 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
this show need lesbionics methinks...

stick out tongue

If all else fails..

Old Post Nov 12th, 2013 09:01 PM
ares834
Grand Moff

Originally posted by janus77
They should ditch May, give Coulson either more friction with SHIELD or some more action and presence (his character is fairly laid-back anyway but with the near death experience he's become like a "Zen monk" or something, totally ill-suited to an action show), shove Skye to the periphery along with her action-man mentor, develop Fitz a little more and give Simmons prominence as the leading female on the show.

And then, sprinkle guys like Power Man, IF, DareDevil, Peter Parker, Black Widow, Ms Marvel and others in amongst the various arcs.

thumb up

This would make the show vastly better.

--- You May Fire When Ready ---

Old Post Nov 12th, 2013 09:21 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote