KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Constantine on NBC, Gotham on Fox, and Arrow on CW

Constantine on NBC, Gotham on Fox, and Arrow on CW
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
Just remember how they cull budgets for weekly live action TV. When Smallville would get away from character driven stories and deal with actual superhero action - like Doomsday, and the JL - it looked crappy and low budget. Not want I want to see on a weekly basis.

Yeah they never had a huge fight with Doomsday. That was disappointing. But it wasn't all bad, Clark vs other Kryptonians throughout the series were usually exciting. Impulse, Martian Manhunter, even Dr. Fate and Hawkman were also displayed relatively well.

But yeah it's really the animations that will show full superhero action(where DC also has the edge).

Having said that Arrow's done really well with the action sequences. Most people agree Arrow's action is far far ahead of Nolan's Batman, despite the latter being on the big screen.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2013 07:47 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

And I only harp on this point because DC had the capacity to do a shared movie universe years - even decades ago - and squandered their ownership of that particular sandbox. Because even up to last year when The Dark Knight Rises came out, we were hearing internal debate about if making a shared universe is what they really wanted. Remember Christopher Nolan saying he wouldn't be part of a Justice League movie, and thinking such a movie would rob both Batman and Superman of their uniqueness? That's the same kind of thinking that's sidelined DC for the longest time - building up their big three so much, at the expense of the rest of their universe. Why else did they do a weekly series - 52 - that was all about the hero community in trouble by not having Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman for a full year? It's only because Marvel is forcing their hand, that they have no choice but to go ahead with a shared universe. Bats and Supes will just have to be important members of the community now, instead of these super icons.

Yeah WB has been really really slow and lazy on the big screen.

But surprisingly they were the first to put them all together on tv with JL and JLU in animation(Heck they had Super friends like decades ago), as well as putting together a JL roster in live action via Smallville.

Believe it or not they actually did a crappy JL tv movie back in the 90's. So they have at been doing that long before Marvel on the small screen.

Edit- Mistakenly double posted.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2013 07:51 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

And I only harp on this point because DC had the capacity to do a shared movie universe years - even decades ago - and squandered their ownership of that particular sandbox. Because even up to last year when The Dark Knight Rises came out, we were hearing internal debate about if making a shared universe is what they really wanted. Remember Christopher Nolan saying he wouldn't be part of a Justice League movie, and thinking such a movie would rob both Batman and Superman of their uniqueness? That's the same kind of thinking that's sidelined DC for the longest time - building up their big three so much, at the expense of the rest of their universe. Why else did they do a weekly series - 52 - that was all about the hero community in trouble by not having Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman for a full year? It's only because Marvel is forcing their hand, that they have no choice but to go ahead with a shared universe. Bats and Supes will just have to be important members of the community now, instead of these super icons.

I feel your pain. It still pisses me off that we could've had World's Finest in 2002 and Justice League between 2006-2011.

What infuriated me even more was that WB was considering doing a Motion Capture version of Justice League. It would've starred Brandon Routh as Superman, someone else as Batman (because Nolan didn't want his Batman touched), and I don't know for the rest. While they were considering that, Marvel made plans for a Live Action Avengers movie. The rest is history. Nolan hampered the start of the DCCU along with Singer's lack of imagination and knowledge of Superman.

I would feel better right now if they announced they were working on a Wonder Woman movie, Aquaman movie, Green Lantern reboot/sequel, and a shared universe with the tv shows on right now.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2013 06:39 PM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Eh I hope Constantine is done right but I have low expectations. There are so many ways to get it wrong.

For one thing, if it's not in London that would be a terrible start. Will have to wait for more details I guess.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Nov 12th, 2013 05:04 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Eh I hope Constantine is done right but I have low expectations. There are so many ways to get it wrong.

For one thing, if it's not in London that would be a terrible start. Will have to wait for more details I guess.

Wow, hating on it before knowing anything about the show.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2013 09:00 PM
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Wow, hating on it before knowing anything about the show.

Not hating on it, just low expectations because Hellblazer was one my favourite comic series ever written (and John is my favourite character).

It could be brilliantly done and I could be massively surprised. But I'm pessimistic because John is a character that isn't easy to write well.

That being said, looking forward to the Gotham PD thing, that could be a really cool Gotham Central style show.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Nov 13th, 2013 02:11 AM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

http://www.411mania.com/movies/news/309780/[TV]-NBC-Orders-Pilot-for-Constantine.htm

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2014 03:15 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

They casted Gordon. Anyone know about this actor?

http://www.newsarama.com/20272-fox-...yed-batman.html

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 05:52 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Nope, but is a pilot ordered for it yet?

The more pilots ordered the better, because not all pilots result in a series. So I know The Flash, and Constantine have been ordered.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 07:29 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Nope, but is a pilot ordered for it yet?

The more pilots ordered the better, because not all pilots result in a series. So I know The Flash, and Constantine have been ordered.

you ever watch a teen drama called The OC?? or seen the TNT cop drama Southland?

as far as I know the pilot has been ordered but i might be wrong

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 10th, 2014 10:07 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Old Post Feb 11th, 2014 11:07 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 12th, 2014 09:34 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Funny. I saw Donal on the Conan O'Brien show when I visited New York. He's pretty cool.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2014 09:38 AM
Senor Cage

Old Post Feb 13th, 2014 09:41 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2014 03:36 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

He looks like a good fit thumb up

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2014 04:00 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Goyer talks Constantine. Sounds very interesting.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2014 09:49 PM
Senor Cage

Scalped is the latest of the DC properties to be in TV. SWEET! big grin

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=52149

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 10:59 PM
Senor Cage

Old Post May 6th, 2014 12:29 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Golgo13
Scalped is the latest of the DC properties to be in TV. SWEET! big grin

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=52149

I should get the rest of the trades of that one

only got vol 1 of it and it was decent crime comic.

Old Post May 6th, 2014 08:25 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote