KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Nihilus Vs Darth Sidious

Who wins the fight?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Darth Nihilus 15 55.56%
Darth Sidious 12 44.44%
Total: 27 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Darth Nihilus Vs Darth Sidious
Started by: Board Walker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mstanford2912
Restricted

Account Restricted

Notice I said "near instantaneous drain of the planet", as in "not instant but close". What's amusing is how you scream "hyperbole" for all other characters but choose to use hyperbole Sidious.

Then again, Visas WAS there so she's quite the authorty. Ah well, such is the arguments of the incompetentsmile

Old Post Oct 10th, 2013 10:19 PM
Click here to Send mstanford2912 a Private Message Find more posts by mstanford2912 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

By Unseen, Unheard, it took less than an hour for Nihilus' attack to cover the world. Dunno how fast that it but it seems like it would be hella swift.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2013 10:23 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mstanford2912
Restricted

Account Restricted

Don't tell that to Sidious66. He'll flip.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2013 10:24 PM
Click here to Send mstanford2912 a Private Message Find more posts by mstanford2912 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

well i mean near instant so that means he can attack faster than sidious... that and because he can finish up the whole meal faster... duh he can attack faster

and visas was there with nihilus... although she wasn't there on the ship because she was on the surface of the planet laying down....but she was there with him and she heard those fast utterances

Old Post Oct 10th, 2013 10:24 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'm fairly sure Visas would know how Nihilus uses the technique since she's Force bonded with him and as you pointed out Nihilus has fed on other worlds. So poo-pooing her description isn't very effective imo.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2013 10:28 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Ok, so he talks really fast. I believe her. He must be Chinese.

Sure in the hell a lot faster than Sidious can attack him.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2013 10:31 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Indeed. Because its so much quicker to run at someone and attack them than it is to open your mouth.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2013 10:33 PM
Dominis

I agree. He can open his mouth and utter a word faster than the time it takes to block blaster bolts.

Sidious can only attack fast with his saber, but he can't attack with his force powers faster, despite him not having to close the distance.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2013 10:42 PM
Dominis

BTW, does Nihilus needing to utter a word for his giga-drain suggest that it may be ritualistic?

Just a question. I'm trying to figure out Nihilus' different force drains. I mean, since force drains seem to be different, wouldn't the drain he uses in combat be different than the one he uses on an entire planet, considering he doesn't need a word in combat (or does he?)?

Last edited by Dominis on Oct 10th, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2013 10:45 PM
mstanford2912
Restricted

Account Restricted

Will somebody please help this poor child out? I don't think I'm getting the community service hours for this..

But here we go. Nihilus's drain created a wound in the force. Vitiate's drain resulted in NO force whatsoever. Sidious' drain was a gradual drain that didn't really result in anything. So yes special needs child. According to you, all drains are the samesmile

Old Post Oct 10th, 2013 10:51 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Beefy has a point. In terms off effect there is a clear different between certain uses of Force Drain. Nihilus' drain was more potent than regular drains and appears to work differently than others and was said to have no defense. It left an absence in the Force. Vitiates was even more complete, draining even color and sound from Nathema as well as the Force.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2013 10:56 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Also Sidious66 I got distracted by the drama and I'm tired now so I'll reply to you tomorrow, k.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2013 11:02 PM
Dominis

Yeah, excuse me for not seeing the difference in force drain. Draining the force isn't draining the force. Taking it to another level, means it's certainly different.

And it still proves he is faster with the attack.

BTW, the dark reaper drains the force from entire planets, making it just as potent as Nihilus', which is what was being compared to Nihilus' drain. And when asked the difference, the best I've seen was, Nihilus bonds with his target.

Also, who said there was no defense against it? Traya? I mean, she would know every defense wouldn't she?

And Neph, I still didn't get an answer about Nihilus' giga-drain. Really, I'm trying to understand.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2013 11:05 PM
The Merchant

Nihilus turned Katarr into a wound? Just thought he lifewiped it.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Oct 10th, 2013 11:07 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
Also Sidious66 I got distracted by the drama and I'm tired now so I'll reply to you tomorrow, k.

I'm in no rush.

But make sure you put me first on here. smile

mstanford2912
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ah so you ignored everything that was posted. Gotcha. Your concession is accepted.

Dominis

quote: (post)
Originally posted by mstanford2912
Ah so you ignored everything that was posted. Gotcha. Your concession is accepted.

If it was posted by you... well I take you as seriously as I do LeGenD, except I respond to you because you're amusing and I like going back and forth with you when I'm bored.

So I probably ignored most of what you wrote, other than your direct replies to me.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2013 11:11 PM
mstanford2912
Restricted

Account Restricted

Special needs child, I've already stated that you're amusing us. Simply responding with the exact same thing makes you appear dumber than you already are.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2013 11:12 PM
Dominis

I'm just telling you what it is. I wasn't trying to be mean, so no need to take offense to it. Remember, we don't come close to knowing eachother.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2013 11:15 PM
mstanford2912
Restricted

Account Restricted

Special needs child, repeating me after your argument went to shit, is not an admirable trait.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2013 11:18 PM