KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Black Panther vs. Black Manta

Black Panther vs. Black Manta
Started by: byrdgang21

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 06:23 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 06:23 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Im never quite sure what level Manta is supposed to be on.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 08:10 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Roughly Kingpin level, his longtime Marvel rival.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 08:35 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack M
Manta just defeated Aquaman in a pure fight.

Aquaman clearly did not lose the fight shown above by Galan. I hope you were referring to another recent one.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 09:01 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

He's in the get his ass kicked by Black Panther tier.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 09:43 PM
Vanguard is currently offline Click here to Send Vanguard a Private Message Find more posts by Vanguard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Supermutant
Aquaman clearly did not lose the fight shown above by Galan. I hope you were referring to another recent one.

I thought he got the best of him, but didn't he cut off Aquaman's hand not too long ago under Johns. Either way, he did go to to toe with him and I don't see panther owning Manta at all.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 10:09 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

I thought he got the best of him, but didn't he cut off Aquaman's hand not too long ago under Johns. Either way, he did go to to toe with him and I don't see panther owning Manta at all.

Going toe to toe for a while against an opponent isn't the same thing as defeating that opponent, which is what you stated. Anyways it's not like Black Panther has routinely gone toe to toe with a class 100 Atlantean who can fly and has super speed. Oh wait stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 10:21 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Going toe to toe for a while against an opponent isn't the same thing as defeating that opponent, which is what you stated. Anyways it's not like Black Panther has routinely gone toe to toe with a class 100 Atlantean who can fly and has super speed. Oh wait stick out tongue

His skills and stats mean he won't get owned by panther like some of you are saying. Even pre Flashpoint manta had stats near Aquaman, who owned deathstroke.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 10:23 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Yes. In Brightest day

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 10:43 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

His skills and stats mean he won't get owned by panther like some of you are saying. Even pre Flashpoint manta had stats near Aquaman, who owned deathstroke.

Correct. Pre 52 underwent an experiment that merged his Dna with Aquaman and granted him atlantean abilities

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 10:44 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I thought he got the best of him

You also thought Midnighter looked fine against Grayson laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 10:49 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Manta did well against Aquaman, honestly.

Arthur only gained the definitive edge when he used the Trident.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 10:51 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

yeah that was a very impressive showing no doubt. this is a tough call tbh. no one is sweeping. like most bp threads of late it may just come down to what gear you see him carrying. /shrug

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 10:59 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You also thought Midnighter looked fine against Grayson laughing out loud

laughing out loud He looked superior.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 11:05 PM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Galan007
Manta did well against Aquaman, honestly.

Arthur only gained the definitive edge when he used the Trident.

thumb up

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 11:05 PM
Supermutant

I never said BP would stomp him. You stated that Black Manta defeated Aquaman recently which he didn't. Moreover, Black Manta should give Aquaman a hard time, as that is his arch-nemesis and his gear is designed to combat him.

My point is that proves nothing when BP performs just as good against Namor if not better depending on his gear. Plus BP has much greater resources and feats with prep.

And if current BP is still KOTD he has much better gear to win this a good majority of the time.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 11:17 PM
Senor Cage

I never said BP would stomp him. You stated that Black Manta defeated Aquaman recently which he didn't. Moreover, Black Manta should give Aquaman a hard time, as that is his arch-nemesis and his gear is designed to combat him.

My point is that proves nothing when BP performs just as good against Namor if not better depending on his gear. Plus BP has much greater resources and feats with prep.

And if current BP is still KOTD he has much better gear to win this a good majority of the time.

Well, is current Panther still KOTD? I'd still give Manta over standard Panther.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 11:19 PM
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Well, is current Panther still KOTD? I'd still give Manta over standard Panther.
he is still king of the dead

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 11:29 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

laughing out loud He looked superior.

He got lucky that he hurt Dick while countering his Spyral tech wink

But no, if any superiority MN has shown, it was marginal. Don't make Galan repost the scans and embarrass you again in the same thread.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 12:18 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote