KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Tulak Hord--How powerful is he, really?

Tulak Hord--How powerful is he, really?
Started by: NewGuy01

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Azronger
It all depends in your viewpoint:

If you take all the hype at face value and highball it, then I'd say he's in the gap between Ventress and Dooku. If you lowball it, he's somewhat below Ventress.

You can also ignore the hype altogether, and focus in his sole on-screen feat. If you highball it, he's unchained Vaylin-level. If you lowball it, he might as well be featless.

If you ignore the feat because it happened during gameplay, he is featless, and the only thing going for him is logical deductions based on his title as the strongest of his time. So he's about your average Dark Lord of the Sith-level.
Uh, no, if you highball it, he could potentially be in the same level as Plagueis.

Highballing it would be claiming that he is better then Exar Kun in lightsaber combat, and superior to Dooku or Maul in TK.

Lowballing it would be saying that none of the hype is true, and therefore, he is in the same tier as people like Sirak.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 15th, 2016 08:26 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Uh, no, if you highball it, he could potentially be in the same level as Plagueis.

There is a difference between highballing and being a retard.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2016 08:42 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Ursumeles
There is a difference between highballing and being a retard.
If you highball him, take everything ever said about him at face value, believe every single thing ever said about him, then yes, he could most DEFINITELY make Plagueis-level.

I don't see why you're trying to argue against that. There are already a few people that have him > Caedus.

Caedus being the person closest to Plagueis, him or Krayt.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2016 08:45 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Because Plagueis > Vitiate > Novel Vitiate > Exar > Marka > Tulak.

Also, slaughtering fodder isn't a Plagueis-level feat, lmao.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2016 08:47 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Because Plagueis > Vitiate > Novel Vitiate > Exar > Marka > Tulak.
Valkorion would fry Plagueis. :/

One-shotting Unchained Vaylin, Senya, The Outlander with a power boost, and Arcann, inside the Outlander's mind, is way better then anything Plagueis has ever done.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2016 08:49 PM
ares834

If you take all the hype at face value and highball it, then I'd say he's in the gap between Ventress and Dooku. If you lowball it, he's somewhat below Ventress.

If you take the hype at face value he crushes Ventress and Dooku at the same time. He would be by far the most powerful Sith.

But Beni made a good post completely discrediting him busting Jedi armies solo so, no, we shouldn’t take it at face value.

Last edited by ares834 on Dec 15th, 2016 at 08:53 PM

Old Post Dec 15th, 2016 08:51 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

How? Even highballed, I don't see how he beats Dooku.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2016 09:30 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Because he defeated thousands of Jedi at once..

Last edited by ares834 on Dec 15th, 2016 at 09:38 PM

Old Post Dec 15th, 2016 09:35 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

How? Even highballed, I don't see how he beats Dooku.
Then there is something mentally wrong with you.

Hell, Exar Kun is already shown to be above Dooku as a combatant, as well as a duelist.

Tulak Hord is said to be the greatest sith duelist as of KOTOR II by Traya, taking that at face value would mean that he is above anyone who was ever a sith at that point in terms of dueling.

Not to mention, taking the Endar Spire feat at face value, as well as other shit. I can totally see how Hord would absolutely DESTROY Dooku.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2016 09:36 PM
Ursumeles
Traitor

Hell, Exar Kun is already shown to be above Dooku as a combatant, as well as a duelist.

No, he isn't.
quote:
Not to mention, taking the Endar Spire feat at face value, as well as other shit. I can totally see how Hord would absolutely DESTROY Dooku
LMFAO. Dooku threw bigger ships than the Endar Spire, and ragdolled Kenobi who, in turn, manipulated similar-sized ship's pre-prime.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2016 09:41 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by ares834
Because he defeated thousands of Jedi at once..

Which is mainly a feat of stamina. Even someone like Raskta Lsu is an army buster, although on a smaller scale. Just because you can defeat multiple fodder enemies doesn't mean you can defeat a single powerful one.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2016 09:41 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Then there is something mentally wrong with you.

Coming from you, that means I'm normal. But I'm not gonna waste my time on you. I'll leave that to Urs.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2016 09:43 PM
Jmanghan

Coming from you, that means I'm normal. But I'm not gonna waste my time on you. I'll leave that to Urs.
Says the guy who believes Sidious can take thousands of Vaders. :/

Old Post Dec 15th, 2016 09:45 PM
Jmanghan

No, he isn't.
LMFAO. Dooku threw bigger ships than the Endar Spire, and ragdolled Kenobi who, in turn, manipulated similar-sized ship's pre-prime.
I don't think you appreciate the scope of the Endar Spire, tbh :/.

He really is though.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2016 09:47 PM
Ursumeles
Traitor

Coming from you, that means I'm normal. But I'm not gonna waste my time on you.

laughing thumb up
quote:
I'll leave that to Urs.

Depends on his argument, how/if I respond.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2016 09:47 PM
Ursumeles
Traitor

I don't think you appreciate the scope of the Endar Spire, tbh :/.

He really is though.

How big was it, again?

No, he isn't.
His best feat is statlemating Ulic pre-prime.
That isn't as good as holding off Anakin and Kenobi(both Ulic's superiors with a blade), contending with Yoda, beating up Asajj in a near-stomps or besting Grievous(who is arguably superior to Ulic as well).
BTW, TPM Dooku is canonically > Ulic(as well as the HoT and co.), and he grew more powerful as a Sith.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2016 09:51 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Around 300 meters.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2016 09:59 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Thanks.
Dooku's cruiser ragdolling is still comparable, and scaling from Rivi-Anu could make him very well superior.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2016 10:02 PM
Jmanghan

How big was it, again?

No, he isn't.
His best feat is statlemating Ulic pre-prime.
That isn't as good as holding off Anakin and Kenobi(both Ulic's superiors with a blade), contending with Yoda, beating up Asajj in a near-stomps or besting Grievous(who is arguably superior to Ulic as well).
BTW, TPM Dooku is canonically > Ulic(as well as the HoT and co.), and he grew more powerful as a Sith.
They grew more powerful since then... buddy.

Ulic is better then Kenobi.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2016 10:04 PM
Ursumeles
Traitor

They grew more powerful since then... buddy.

Ulic is better then Kenobi.

Who did? Do you mean Kun? Yeah, I said that already.

Based on what.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2016 10:05 PM