KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Nu52 Superman's power

Nu52 Superman's power
Started by: emporerpants

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pillow Biter

which issue?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2013 06:09 PM
Pillow Biter is currently offline Click here to Send Pillow Biter a Private Message Find more posts by Pillow Biter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

It looks like the Superman/WonderWoman book. I saw the scans in the character ownage thread.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2013 07:52 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

quote: (post)
Originally posted by emporerpants
Well, we got a bone, Supes just punked Apollo! smile It did my heart good to see that it. smile

Midnighter's husband?

That Apollo?

Or Greek God Apollo?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2013 03:13 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Greek Apollo. smile

Old Post Nov 14th, 2013 01:45 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

It looks like the Superman/WonderWoman book. I saw the scans in the character ownage thread.

It's turning into one of the best books in the new 52.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2013 05:02 AM
Based is currently offline Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Talking about this here because I don't want to derail the ownage thread, but why are people saying that Supes's latest showings are bad? He didn't lose any fights as far as I can tell (haven't gotten to the comic shop this week yet). So what was the problem with the mongul fight and the fight with the new character?

Old Post Dec 5th, 2013 02:56 PM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

What I have read so far of NU Superman I Haven't really like it.

and is not really bad showings per say, but a lot of the new enemies are not established villains.

So there is no respect in getting into a fight with a no name villain.
Whose power level is mainly unknown and cannot be compared to other established characters.

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Dec 5th, 2013 03:20 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Talking about this here because I don't want to derail the ownage thread, but why are people saying that Supes's latest showings are bad? He didn't lose any fights as far as I can tell (haven't gotten to the comic shop this week yet). So what was the problem with the mongul fight and the fight with the new character?

Because they'll try anything to make Superman look bad.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 5th, 2013 03:22 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Yeah, it sure seems that way. I mean, in the Mongul fight Supes says he could have killed Mongul in one punch if he wanted, and instead punches him 200 miles away. How can that possibly be a bad showing?

The Supes hate is getting a bit silly.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2013 03:27 PM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Well in trinity war EVERYBODY is worried about Superman loosing control of his powers, so that is pretty clear picture of what the DC universe thinks about a rogue Superman.

They have to make everybody relevant in DCU otherwise there is no point having other heroes around and Superman has to pay for this.

But the for the DCU to worry about a rogue Superman is at least an indication of his power level when cutting loose.

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Dec 6th, 2013 04:54 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Just got those comics today, and yeah, he doesn't lose any fights, and actually has some decent feats. In the Mongul fight he gets there, scans the area and sees that Bats is dead and a chick is an alien, grabs Mongul and flies off all in a thousandth of a second. Pretty decent speed feat wouldn't you say? In Action comics he has a knife fazed into his chest and basically acts like it's no big deal at all, a decent durability feat.

Yet somehow people are trying to make these into bad showings. It's pretty sad, to be honest.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 12:25 AM
emporerpants

*sigh* Did anyone read the new Superman/WonderWoman? Wow...they totally feebed out Superman in it. It's pretty much like a lot of us thought it was going to be. It was mentioned at least 3 times how Superman is very powerful, but untrained.

*spoilers*

So, Zod and Faora kicked the living crap out of Supes while Zod constantly mentioned that Supes is powerful but untrained. Then, WonderWoman shows up, and starts pounding on Zod and Faora. Then, zod apparently broke or messed up Supes's arm, and had a standoff with WW, threatening to kill Supes while and Wondy threatned to kill Faora. The comic ended with both of them releasing their prisoners.

Terrible. Just totally TERRIBLE. Supes was totally and utterly USELESS in that fight. Literally did nothing but get stomped while Wondy didn't take a single hit. Again, I'm getting awfully tired of the NU52 version of Supes being nothing but a punching bag.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2014 02:36 PM
emporerpants

So, why does everyone think this is? It really does seem like DC kinda has it out for Supes sometimes. The only way this last showing could be worse is if they had Supes crying and clutching at Wondy's leg while pointing at the big bad man who beat him up.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2014 07:15 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Honestly, I don't think there's any large conspiracy; I just think Superman has been stuck with a bunch of people that just couldn't, or wouldn't, write him properly.

Lobdell tries to make him look powerful, but completely ****s up the characterisation.

Soule... Yeah, not even gonna touch that.

Pak? Just weird.

Snyder? Huge disappointment, and just doesn't seem to "get" the character at all. Honestly felt like he hadn't been reading enough back issues.

Johns is coming back though...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 13th, 2014 07:47 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Johns is coming back? That's good news at least. What book is he going to be writing?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2014 08:10 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Johns is coming back? That's good news at least. What book is he going to be writing?

AFAIK, he's going to be taking over the "Superman" book.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 13th, 2014 08:49 PM
emporerpants

Awesome, thanks! Here's hoping he can turn that book around.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2014 08:50 PM
Based
iPinoy

lol Soule's book is one of the better books in the New 52. I'm as big a Superman fan as they come but not every book has to suck his dick. It's perfectly fine. The other titles who should give him spotlight are doing it a lot worse.

Diana got wtfpwned by Doomsday too so that argument is invalid. And Supes was clearly holding back too. In fact Soules is the only one in the New 52 that used a sundip and he ****ed Apollo up.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2014 09:08 PM
Based is currently offline Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Based
lol Soule's book is one of the better books in the New 52. I'm as big a Superman fan as they come but not every book has to suck his dick. It's perfectly fine. The other titles who should give him spotlight are doing it a lot worse.

Diana got wtfpwned by Doomsday too so that argument is invalid. And Supes was clearly holding back too. In fact Soules is the only one in the New 52 that used a sundip and he ****ed Apollo up.

Soule doesn't get Superman at all, imo.

There's nothing wrong with making Diana look good. You can do it without making Superman look bad at the same time. I'm not asking that he be the most powerful guy in every book, but at least have some consistency with the established reboot.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 13th, 2014 09:11 PM
emporerpants

As Pr said, you don't have to make Supes look bad to make WW look good. That last showing was just embarrassing to say the least, and it is part of a larger trend that's been happening with Supes in the DCnu. he just keeps getting his ass kicked by everyone all the time. This last one is another in a long line of terrible showings. He looked absolutely worthless in that fight.

Also, not wanting Supes to look absolutely pathetic DOES NOT EQUAL sucking his dick. Come on now.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2014 09:17 PM