KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Terminator: Genysis

Terminator: Genysis
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (34): « First ... « 31 32 [33] 34 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

They could stop ripping off the Skynet is a little hologram girl bit from Resident Evil. Or just having Skynet has a personality bullshit all together....

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 06:52 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
They need to do something new with the Terminator movies, I get Time travel has been its thing for a while but its time for something new.

Make it more historical.
Chase Connor's bloodlines back to the Old West.
Medieval times?

Terminator in the Garden Of Eden!

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 07:24 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
How is a R rating going to improve or revamp a cliched story line?

Because the Orignal was R rated. It was proper horror with a lot of violence and swearing.

It needs to get back to its roots, instead of being more like a PG13 superhero movie.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 08:56 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Because the Orignal was R rated. It was proper horror with a lot of violence and swearing.

It needs to get back to its roots, instead of being more like a PG13 superhero movie.

I recently watched the original.
It was B-grade when it was released & still feels that cheesey.
I'm not sure where you found the "horror" aspects in it but the graphic violence was more about Arnie plucking his eyeball out & slicing the flesh off his arm.
Other than that, same gun fights, car chases & explosions that have been repeated throughout the sequels.
I honestly don't think a couple of F-words chucked back in will revamp the franchise.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 09:10 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I recently watched the original.
It was B-grade when it was released & still feels that cheesey.
I'm not sure where you found the "horror" aspects in it but the graphic violence was more about Arnie plucking his eyeball out & slicing the flesh off his arm.
Other than that, same gun fights, car chases & explosions that have been repeated throughout the sequels.
I honestly don't think a couple of F-words chucked back in will revamp the franchise.

It was a classic "mysterious unstoppable killer out to get you" in 80's style. Except with an Awesome sci-if twist.

What about T2? If you never found T-1000 from T2 intimidating/scary then I don't know what else to say to you. Perhaps Terminator was never your thing.

But it's certainly not working as the superhero cheese fest it is today.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 09:16 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Yeah T2 was more credible in the scary department simply because it had the budget to be more realistic.
I do get the "mysterious unstoppable killer" aspect of the 1st...it reminded me of both Duel & The HitchHiker.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 10:43 AM
quanchi112
Disney

It was a classic "mysterious unstoppable killer out to get you" in 80's style. Except with an Awesome sci-if twist.

What about T2? If you never found T-1000 from T2 intimidating/scary then I don't know what else to say to you. Perhaps Terminator was never your thing.

But it's certainly not working as the superhero cheese fest it is today.
Terminator one doesn't stand up to the test of time. It looks like shit.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 02:22 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Arnold's confirmed a 6th movie is on the way.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2016 05:31 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Want this to continue.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2016 02:54 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Yeah, first is by far the best of the franchise to me.

Do enjoy the second as well.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Mar 21st, 2016 at 05:11 PM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2016 05:07 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Arnold's confirmed a 6th movie is on the way.

Too bad, not looking forward to more Arnold after Genisys. So we get him in liquid form now, great.

Really wish they'd just redo or reboot since they can pretty much keep making stories based on alternate time-lines due to the time-travel trope that still tie-in to the lore.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 21st, 2016 05:10 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

I think they should go back to their roots and make it an R rating. I am not looking forward to anymore of these PG-13 superhero Terminator films.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2016 05:11 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

they need to just completely reboot the whole thing without Arnold .. then they can start fresh and build something hopefully good..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 21st, 2016 11:06 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
they need to just completely reboot the whole thing without Arnold .. then they can start fresh and build something hopefully good..

Agreed

Old Post Mar 21st, 2016 11:44 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Do more movies set in that future timelime, Who cares if Salvation didn't do a good job of that setting doesn't mean to just give up on it.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 05:34 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Do more movies set in that future timelime, Who cares if Salvation didn't do a good job of that setting doesn't mean to just give up on it.

thumb up

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 08:32 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

James Cameron in early talks with Tim Miller to reboot The Terminator

www.joblo.com/movie-news/james-came...-terminator-290

Old Post Jan 21st, 2017 01:15 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Old Post Jan 21st, 2017 01:40 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Count me in.

I'd love to see another film

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 21st, 2017 01:50 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Patient_Leech

We get it, You're not a fan of his Deadpool movie.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2017 01:51 AM