KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Cin Drallig vs Jaden Korr

Cin Drallig vs Jaden Korr
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Allankles
Luke and Sidious are hardly the be all end all, as far as force users go, they were kind of geeks. More bookish, less natural warriors.

I take it you don't know many of Sidious's or Luke's feats? If you do, how are they even comparable with Korr's? Their feats are substantially greater.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2013 08:37 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I take it you don't know many of Sidious's or Luke's feats? If you do, how are they even comparable with Korr's? Their feats are substantially greater.

I don't really put much stalk in their feats, since they represent characters who monopolized the literature section of sw. If the writers had spread things out, we would already have realized that the skywalkers aren't even the best jedi in the order, nor were they supposed to be.

The NJO has yet to be portrayed in a light that is not overshadowed by Luke or his family. It's like all the stories we've got were mostly from their perspective. A more wholistic view of Jedi and the force would reveal that there are plenty of powerhouse force users.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2013 08:41 PM
Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

lmao that's because Kun drained the entire massassi race, which made him more powerful. lol Tavion has no combat feats, all her "power" is from the scepter, which did all those special things.

Tavion drained more than that so...

Her power from the sceptre is precisely why she was a threat. Without the sceptre she would have been just another Desann, except physically less imposing.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2013 08:45 PM
Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

But right now you're arguing against canon. We know that the Skywalkers are, overall, the most powerful family of force users ever, the most powerful of these being Luke. We can't speculate that the likes of Jaden and Katarn are even close to Luke in power, considering that Katarn got stomped in 9 seconds by Darth Caedus, and that Jaden hasn't really shown himself as superior to Kyle.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Oct 27th, 2013 08:45 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Tavion drained more than that so...

Her power from the sceptre is precisely why she was a threat. Without the sceptre she would have been just another Desann, except physically less imposing.

but the scepter's draining ability to drain planets is irrelevant, it's never been used in combat situations. The only way it's been used is to shoot blasts of energy, which Exar Kun could do with his bare hands, and Kun's was also more powerful.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2013 08:47 PM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

But right now you're arguing against canon. We know that the Skywalkers are, overall, the most powerful family of force users ever, the most powerful of these being Luke. We can't speculate that the likes of Jaden and Katarn are even close to Luke in power, considering that Katarn got stomped in 9 seconds by Darth Caedus, and that Jaden hasn't really shown himself as superior to Kyle.

Aah... Canon is precisely why I don't find the family impressive. Korr's level of power is good enough,he would have been even better trained due to dark forces being a more realistic down-to-earth zone in sw. The skywalkers have done nothing to meet Yoda's expectation of a "new jedi". They've acted just like the old jedi, and in their case, with less poise.

The unifying force is also flawed, destiny is self-fulfilled (the living force), not pre-determined/fated (unifying force). This is why I don't care for their malarky, and feel that if the kiddy gloves got taken off, the family would be left in the dust.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2013 08:54 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Aah... Canon is precisely why I don't find the family impressive. Korr's level of power is good enough,he would have been even better trained due to dark forces being a more realistic down-to-earth zone in sw. The skywalkers have done nothing to meet Yoda's expectation of a "new jedi". They've acted just like the old jedi, and in their case, with less poise.

The unifying force is also flawed, destiny is self-fulfilled (the living force), not pre-determined/fated (unifying force). This is why I don't care for their malarky, and feel that if the kiddy gloves got taken off, the family would be left in the dust.

Oh, i'm not saying I actually like the Skywalkers. I'm saying that despite me not caring for them, I can't disregard that they're the most powerful lineage of force users.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2013 08:56 PM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

but the scepter's draining ability to drain planets is irrelevant, it's never been used in combat situations. The only way it's been used is to shoot blasts of energy, which Exar Kun could do with his bare hands, and Kun's was also more powerful.

The scepters ability to drain can be used in combat too, but we were arguing how much power it had & it had the power of many more living beings than just the massassi.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2013 08:57 PM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Oh, i'm not saying I actually like the Skywalkers. I'm saying that despite me not caring for them, I can't disregard that they're the most powerful lineage of force users.

There are families more powerful, the ones, Rakata, Sith hybrids, etc etc By comparison to most families, their dynasty is young, new.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2013 09:00 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

The scepters ability to drain can be used in combat too, but we were arguing how much power it had & it had the power of many more living beings than just the massassi.

When has it been used in combat as an application of drain? That is true, but the planets Tavion was draining was being used to revive the Reborn/Marka Ragnos/imbue people with force sensitivity.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2013 09:01 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

There are families more powerful, the ones, Rakata, Sith hybrids, etc etc By comparison to most families, their dynasty is young, new.

The Ones: Gods

Rakata: lmao no. The only seemingly impressive Rakata was the Infernal One.

Sith hybrids: hell no. So the likes of Marka Ragnos>Luke? Caedus?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2013 09:03 PM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

I just said it 'could' not that it 'was'. The first part would be an obvious possibility, is what am saying. In combat it could be used to kill, which is what we need to know about its destructive capabilities.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2013 09:05 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

It being able to drain in combat is speculation then? It can be used to kill, but in the hands of someone as unimpressive as Tavion, i'm not sure how Jaden beating her is some huge feat. Especially because, even though it's non-canon, if you choose the dark side ending, Jaden's barely equal with Katarn, and resorts to using the staff to defeat him.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Oct 27th, 2013 09:08 PM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

The Ones: Gods

Rakata: lmao no. The only seemingly impressive Rakata was the Infernal One.

Sith hybrids: hell no. So the likes of Marka Ragnos>Luke? Caedus?

Rakata because they actually built powerful artifacts and had force entities. Ragnos and the Sith hybrids, built powerful artifacts and could command feats of power and destruction far in excess of the typical jedi/sith.

Skywalkers are just the new kids on the block, they haven't done anything to put them on some untouchable pedestal, all their fame came from one guy, jedi phenom Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2013 09:09 PM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

It being able to drain in combat is speculation then? It can be used to kill, but in the hands of someone as unimpressive as Tavion, i'm not sure how Jaden beating her is some huge feat. Especially because, even though it's non-canon, if you choose the dark side ending, Jaden's barely equal with Katarn, and resorts to using the staff to defeat him.

It's power was its ability to drain and use dark side force energy, meaning it was both powerful and versatile. Such a thing in the hands of a dark Jedi becomes way more dangerous, so dangerous it could conceivably make one unstoppable if one had drained enough power. The simple fact that it had power over life as well, tells u it was far above any rank and file artifact.

Him beating Katarn was an awesome feat if you consider he'd just beat Tavion before and would have been tired, and was also still just a Jedi youngin at 14. If he was peers with Katarn it might have looked less impressive.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2013 09:14 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Recall that the Rakata built the Starforge so that only an extremely powerful Force user could operate it. Revan and Malak were the only ones who could in the Kotor era. This indicates that not only were there Rakatans of Revan and Malak level power in the Infinite Empire, but they were also fairly common, as at least one per generation would be needed to use it.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2013 09:16 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Originally posted by Nephthys
Recall that the Rakata built the Starforge so that only an extremely powerful Force user could operate it. Revan and Malak were the only ones who could in the Kotor era. This indicates that not only were there Rakatans of Revan and Malak level power in the Infinite Empire, but they were also fairly common, as at least one per generation would be needed to use it.

Aye.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2013 09:19 PM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

I also believe the new jedi were supposed to be an evolution, they were all supposed to be like luminaries. But unfortunately outside of a few stories - Courtship of Princess Leah, Crystal Star, Jedi Knight series, Unifying Force - the idea of Jedi evolution has hardly been addressed.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2013 09:21 PM
Jmanghan

The father is the strongest force user, right behind him being a full-potential Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2013 11:02 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pencilcrayon

Originally posted by Jmanghan
The father is the strongest force user, right behind him being a full-potential Anakin Skywalker.
http://starwars.com/explore/encyclo...nakinskywalker/
Site says otherwise.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2013 07:00 AM
Click here to Send pencilcrayon a Private Message Find more posts by pencilcrayon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote