KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Curry's Tourney's Finals: Id vs Digi

Curry's Tourney's Finals: Id vs Digi
Started by: Bentley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

after all, digi clearly lost to me but still got the W

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 26th, 2014 06:17 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 24th, 2014 05:31 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

I very much enjoyed this thread. Come on you flakester judges.

JUDGE DAMNIT!

Old Post Jul 6th, 2014 03:47 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Who won this?

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 10:05 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by krisblaze
Who won this?

No one. It never got judged, after the host went MIA.

sad

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 10:16 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Judges phuck everything up anyway, isn't that right, Digi? whistle

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2015 10:31 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by psycho gundam
Judges phuck everything up anyway, isn't that right, Digi? whistle

Lol, wut?

I felt bad this never ended. But I'm not sure it's in an acceptable timeframe for resurrecting. The problem is context. Contestants usually make finals strategies that build off of earlier ones, with some sense that the host and judges know their general strategy. If new judges jump in with no prior battle knowledge, they might just see a bunch of nonsense instead of a coherent plan.

This has the potential to affect Id as much as me, so it isn't self-interest. I'd also rather see it end and lose than not see it end, so there's also that. But it was a fun tourney. I'm still going to add it to the tourney history thread sometime.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2015 01:49 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by Digi
No one. It never got judged, after the host went MIA.

sad

Well, at least you can chalk it up to a double-win or a double silver medal big grin

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 4th, 2015 08:46 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Well, at least you can chalk it up to a double-win or a double silver medal big grin

Sure, suppose so.

I don't put much stock in this stuff. Id's a clever debater, so I'm actually more sorry for him. Win or lose, I've done enough in tourneys in my time. But he deserves his due.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2015 04:54 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

So, this entire tourney ended. In the past, we've had tourneys reach the playoffs, sometimes even finals, but not actually finish the matches. But this ended completely. We just never got judge votes.

Occasionally Id's presentation was all over the place. But he also built a tourney-killer. I was proud of my effort, and felt strongly about my amalgam. But this was always Id's tourney to lose. And everyone pretty much knew it. We can't ever know how a particular crop of judges will lean, especially given two strong amalgams. But I personally felt like I lost.

So I'm conceding the match.

Yes, this is well after the fact, but it seemed a shame to never resolve something that ended entirely. Id earned the win, and I hope that late is better than never for a tourney win.

Once the Secret Wars stuff ends, I'm adding several entries into the Tourney Respect Thread. This will be included.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2015 03:04 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

To be fair Im humbled by Digi decision.

In these kinds of events, egos run high, if I felt I lost I would mostly internalize the thought or keep it private.

Im humbled that Digi conceded the match. I need to learn to be less pridefull.

All in all, thank you Digi, you definitely push my argument. I cant recall ever having an easy time debating agianst you. I lost most of the time, thats a fact.

And I want to thank the hosts, and participants.
This was a lot fun.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2015 04:28 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Shame to see the finals of a completed tournament come undone because the votes didn't come in.

Congratulations to ID.

That was big of you Digi.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2015 12:15 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

That was big of you Digi.

It was tactical.

If he does nothing he doesn't win.

If new judges are found, he doesn't win.

By conceding something he was never going to win he gets to "win" in terms of public opinion and even the true victor of the match has to look up to him a little.

It's manipulation for dummies 101

Clearly he is desperate for approval wink

stick out tongue

JK - Good move Digi

Well done Id, you deserve this

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2015 04:24 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Id's amalgam was ****ing disgusting.

I think it's the first time I've seen anyone put Sage to good use.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2015 10:41 AM
krisblaze

Time to fess up.

I was Curryman and had to leave the tourney when I was taken ill in Japan.

Felt bad about this.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 11:51 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Time to fess up.

I was Curryman and had to leave the tourney when I was taken ill in Japan.

Felt bad about this.

Wait, for real? No worries though.

My whole strategy here was being deliberately obtuse about Id's strategy in the hopes that judges didn't understand the full magnitude of it. And/or turning his own power on him. I clearly didn't have enough on my own. Was a fun match to try to figure out strategically though.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 06:38 PM