KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who has more heart? Thing vs Spiderman

Who has more heart? Thing vs Spiderman
Started by: DarkSaint85

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Thing's power is being pretty much being invulnerable and strong enough to at least keep up with most opponents. Again, him not running away and fighting smart (while Peter does) doesn't mean he has more heart. It just means that the way he fights uses less brains and is more straight forward.

Again, beating Firelord was far beyond what Spiderman should have been able to achieve, but stubborness, smarts and heart kept him at it til he pulled it off. You saying, hypothetically, Thing would do the same thing, is just that. Post "feats" at least so we can compare. Heat isn't just about courage, it's about being able to power thru impossible odds by sheer will.

https://longboxgraveyard.files.word...rd-01.png?w=604

Thing is, this isn't the only time, you also have to consider Morlun, The Sinister Six (all together), etc. and worse of all, working for JJ Jameson. Spiderman pulls the impossible off on a regular basis on his own, with no big brain to help.

Thing would die before giving up, even if he knows he cant win. This is clear as day. That's beyond heart, it's stupidity. Peter is not that stupid. Peter will only fight if he believes that he has a good chance to win. When he doesn't then he would run like the coward that he is. Anyway, if you put Things mind and soul in Spidey s body then he would have done exactly the same. Hell Spidey didn't get hit. Why be scared to continue on. WWH could kill Thing easily if he wanted. But he decided to fight someone he knows that he has zero chance to win against and that they can kill him. Thing was basically dying against Champion and could have quit but didn't. Thing is just too stupid to quit. That's beyond heart.

-General Zod: Superman II

Last edited by h1a8 on Sep 28th, 2015 at 06:37 PM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2015 06:34 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Right, because Spider-man just ran from Phoenix 5 colossus and his sister, Angrir, Juggernaut, Morlun. No. He got beaten nearly to death and refused to back down against guys who would beat down Ben himself.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2015 06:46 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by h1a8
Thing would die before giving up, even if he knows he cant win. This is clear as day. That's beyond heart, it's stupidity. Peter is not that stupid. Peter will only fight if he believes that he has a good chance to win. When he doesn't then he would run like the coward that he is.
I honestly thought you're more familiar with Spider-man. What you described is a an opposite of his character. If somebody depends on him Peter will fight even if there's no chance of winning. He'll fight until his body dies. Sometimes even after that.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Last edited by SamZED on Sep 28th, 2015 at 08:53 PM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2015 08:49 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by SamZED
I honestly thought you're more familiar with Spider-man. What you described is a an opposite of his character. If somebody depends on him Peter will fight even if there's no chance of winning. He'll fight until his body dies. Sometimes even after that.
Lol, different writer's different interpretations. Some writers had spidey scared shitless and ran. Others had him be more brave. I'm just taking averages. Anyway, I believe that if Thing was in spidey body and in spideys situation then he would have done the same. I'm not sure if Spidey would have done everything Thing would have since Thing never ran and have did some stupid stuff.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Sep 29th, 2015 02:10 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Averages would likely have Spidey standing his ground since I can't recall any of the times spidey ran. And if it wasn't an important fight or lives weren't depending on him, it doesn't count.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2015 03:22 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8swords

Originally posted by SamZED

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Averages would likely have Spidey standing his ground since I can't recall any of the times spidey ran. And if it wasn't an important fight or lives weren't depending on him, it doesn't count.

like the AVX event whe he fought 2 of the P5

Old Post Sep 29th, 2015 03:26 AM
8swords is currently offline Click here to Send 8swords a Private Message Find more posts by 8swords Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by h1a8
1) Thing would die before giving up, even if he knows he cant win. This is clear as day. That's beyond heart, it's stupidity.

2) Peter is not that stupid. Peter will only fight if he believes that he has a good chance to win. When he doesn't then he would run like the coward that he is.

3) Anyway, if you put Things mind and soul in Spidey s body then he would have done exactly the same. Hell Spidey didn't get hit. Why be scared to continue on. WWH could kill Thing easily if he wanted. But he decided to fight someone he knows that he has zero chance to win against and that they can kill him. Thing was basically dying against Champion and could have quit but didn't. Thing is just too stupid to quit. That's beyond heart.

1) And you're right. That isn't heart. That's just stupidity. A mindset where risk is not really considered, while just focusing on a target. Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the existence of it and fighting though.

2) That is not true at all. In fact I just presented evidence EXACTLY the opposite of what you just said. There has been many instances where he was scared shitless, that he knew he would lose, that he believed that it's his last stand, but he fought on and pulled it off. Best example is the Firelord scene.

3) Maybe. But until that is proven with actual "feats", we go by the guy who actually has said "feats". Also, Hulk and Thing have fought on many occasions. He is not an unknown opponent whose power is known to be easily lethal to him. Which Champion vs Thing showing are we talking about? The only thing I can recall is the boxing match.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2015 03:59 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by 8swords
like the AVX event whe he fought 2 of the P5

Or the time he took on Juggernaut and withstood an extended beating from him until he won.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2015 06:01 AM
8swords

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Or the time he took on Juggernaut and withstood an extended beating from him until he won.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3lr4v6xWX...s1600/p9_17.jpg

meh, mainly this, and also where is ben's heart now?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2015 01:48 PM
8swords is currently offline Click here to Send 8swords a Private Message Find more posts by 8swords Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote