KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Why does all literature place Sidious as strongest sith lord?

Do you think Sidious deserves to be strongest?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, he is the most powerful Sith Lord. 41 71.93%
No, there are others that should surpass him. 16 28.07%
Total: 57 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Why does all literature place Sidious as strongest sith lord?
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Freedon Nadd

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
You say that like literally everyone can't open a wormhole and control it at will.

I have to confess that I would see Vitiate doing a better job than Sidios did with them.

He was more disciplined and resolved than Sidious was TBH!

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 07:09 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

That's actually pretty retarded, tbh, especially since it has no evidence to back it up.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 07:19 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

That's actually pretty retarded, tbh, especially since it has no evidence to back it up.

You know it was just my own opinion, not necessarly a statement?... I just said that of how I percieve Vitiate, he's that ruthless shy calm dude, that's how I see him TBH.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 07:30 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Stating that your opinion is an opinion doesn't stop it from being retarded.

Last edited by FreshestSlice on Sep 17th, 2015 at 08:14 PM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 08:08 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

You're kind of an idiot, tbh.
Except in all our arguments, you've never been able to counter a single argument of mine. If you're smarter and have better arguments, prove it instead of pointless flaming and insults.

Prove why I'm an idiot before calling me an idiot and I'd take you and SupremeSkillz more seriously.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 02:40 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Proof th@t ur not an ideeut

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 03:07 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Lulz. I like how you think you're in any position to judge anyone's debating, especially SKILLZ, after saying Lightning is the same as a wormhole. Revanchiste is a better debater, and he can't even speak English.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 03:15 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Lulz. I like how you think you're in any position to judge anyone's debating, especially SKILLZ, after saying Lightning is the same as a wormhole. Revanchiste is a better debater, and he can't even speak English.

y me tho

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 03:18 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

It was a joke .-.

Why would I post scans of a Force Storm (clearly a wormhole), when I earlier said that Force Storms and Force Lightning are the same thing.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 03:19 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Because you're an idiot?
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
y me tho

U use wurdz guud, tbh. Plenty of people here do, but as you were called out, you became relevant.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 03:21 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

U use wurdz guud, tbh. Plenty of people here do, but as you were called out, you became relevant.

downt diminish mai signifikinz infadell

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 03:22 AM
Jmanghan

Because you're an idiot?

Except I'm not the one who makes Ludicrous claims putting certain SW Characters over others and fabricates information just to stay relevant to certain arguments, then when people call you out on your obvious bullshit, you shut up for the rest of the day, at least Skillz has integrity in his arguments and doesn't come up with completely unprecendented and unfounded claims to win an argument.

Next time, put up or shut up.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 04:41 AM
The Merchant

Well, Palpatine in the Darth Plaguies novel absorbed energy/was the epicenter of a tremor that "burrowed into the core of the world (Coruscant) and shook the stars" Now the shaking the stars part is obviously hyperbole, but if we limit to it just shaking Coruscant it actually fits with the level of power he later demonstrates in DE. He is capable of opening Force Storms and controlling them, the Storms are capable of ripping apart the surface of worlds and killing them. Palpatine is also stronger than Plaguies, who by simply visiting Naboo threw the whole planet in a planet-wide winter, and his master made Planetary Dark side nexuses that were so potent with the Dark-side Palpatine compared it to Korriban and other Sith worlds. He himself made a Dark Side nexus which is Byss in the span of a few decades. Other DS nexuses require entire legions of Sith to do something like that and the process usually takes many centuries.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 04:55 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Except I'm not the one who makes Ludicrous claims putting certain SW Characters over others and fabricates information just to stay relevant to certain arguments, then when people call you out on your obvious bullshit, you shut up for the rest of the day, at least Skillz has integrity in his arguments and doesn't come up with completely unprecendented and unfounded claims to win an argument.

Next time, put up or shut up.

When have I ever shut up about anything? I'm still responding to your stupidity, for some reason even given your track recording spouting so much bullshit, that one could literally bag it and sell it. To make matters worse you have the rhetoric and vocabulary of someone who just hit double digits, and for all I know you really could have. I mean if you're going to say something retarded, at least say it in a convincing way or hell, even just spell the word "unprecedented" correctly before insulting someone. Do something more productive with your time than being the internet posterchild for irony. It's not as amusing as you think it is.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 05:20 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by The Merchant
Well, Palpatine in the Darth Plaguies novel absorbed energy/was the epicenter of a tremor that "burrowed into the core of the world (Coruscant) and shook the stars" Now the shaking the stars part is obviously hyperbole, but if we limit to it just shaking Coruscant it actually fits with the level of power he later demonstrates in DE. He is capable of opening Force Storms and controlling them, the Storms are capable of ripping apart the surface of worlds and killing them. Palpatine is also stronger than Plaguies, who by simply visiting Naboo threw the whole planet in a planet-wide winter, and his master made Planetary Dark side nexuses that were so potent with the Dark-side Palpatine compared it to Korriban and other Sith worlds. He himself made a Dark Side nexus which is Byss in the span of a few decades. Other DS nexuses require entire legions of Sith to do something like that and the process usually takes many centuries.

Palpatine didn't absorb that energy, it dissipated on its own. I perceive it as an element of disturbance or ripple effect in the Force.

Darth Plagueis didn't alter the climatic conditions of Naboo on planetary-scale. It was a regional (one-time) event.

Palpatine was able to conjure Force Storm (Wormhole) power after years of honing his talents in the Dark Side and siphoning energy from the populace of Byss to fuel his raw power on consistent basis.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 06:19 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

'Sprung from death, it unleashed itself in a powerful wave, at once burrowing deep into the world’s core and radiating through its saccharine atmosphere to shake the stars themselves. At the quake’s epicenter stood Sidious, one elegant hand vised on the burnished sill of an expansive translucency, a vessel filled suddenly to bursting, the Force so strong within him that he feared he might disappear into it, never to return. But the moment didn’t constitute an ending so much as a true beginning, long overdue; it was less a transformation than an intensification—a gravitic shift.
A welter of voices, near and far, present and from eons past, drowned his thoughts. Raised in praise, the voices proclaimed his reign and cheered the inauguration of a new order. Yellow eyes lifted to the night sky, he saw the trembling stars flare, and in the depth of his being he felt the power of the dark side anoint him."

Maybe I'm not interpreting it correctly, but it does say that Palpatines was the epicenter and his power increased when the dark side anointed him.

It was implied he did, actually. He arrived and all of a sudden Naboo entered the coldest climate change in its history, freezing even the lower parts of the oceans.

I know. He basically did a slower version of the Nathema ritual.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 06:27 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Well if you take it more logical, you would realize that Plagueis's death caused the quake that shook Coruscant's core, and yes at its epicentre was Sidious, because he was responsibile for his Sith Master's demise.

Just as S_W_LeGenD said, it was just a ripple in the Force. smile

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 01:11 PM
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Palpatine didn't absorb that energy, it dissipated on its own. I perceive it as an element of disturbance or ripple effect in the Force.

Darth Plagueis didn't alter the climatic conditions of Naboo on planetary-scale. It was a regional (one-time) event.

Palpatine was able to conjure Force Storm (Wormhole) power after years of honing his talents in the Dark Side and siphoning energy from the populace of Byss to fuel his raw power on consistent basis.

And you forgot to mention how much it took him and to his Dark Side Adepts to that on Byss.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 01:16 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Revanchiste is a better debater, and he can't even speak English.

LOL

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 01:41 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by The Merchant
Wel He is capable of opening Force Storms and controlling them, the Storms are capable of ripping apart the surface of worlds and killing them. Palpatine is also stronger than Plaguies, who by simply visiting Naboo threw the whole planet in a planet-wide winter, and his master made Planetary Dark side nexuses that were so potent with the Dark-side Palpatine compared it to Korriban and other Sith worlds. He himself made a Dark Side nexus which is Byss in the span of a few decades. Other DS nexuses require entire legions of Sith to do something like that and the process usually takes many centuries.

Once again, a wormhole was not the product of strength in the Force, but deep concentration in the dark side, playing with the dark side energies around you.

And he never had control over them, those were just his boasts. Also in his Compendium of the Dark Side, he states that Anger and Will combined at perfection, shall open a volatile burst in the fabric of space and time.

If you mean Byss, then Sidious with his Dark Side Adepts did that mutually. BTW, I heard that Rakata are the cause of Byss's corruption, I think it is retconned.

Well, you do realize that Palpatine also had his dark side tech and experiments on Byss, shaping the environment.

For example, Vitiate turned Dromund Kaas into a dark side nexus rivaling or surpassing Sidious's Byss, and all of that thanks to his presence, the temples and experiments.

Whatever Sidious did with Naboo's ocean doesn't even compare to Vitiate's ritual.

Last edited by Freedon Nadd on Sep 18th, 2015 at 01:50 PM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 01:44 PM