KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Why does all literature place Sidious as strongest sith lord?

Do you think Sidious deserves to be strongest?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, he is the most powerful Sith Lord. 41 71.93%
No, there are others that should surpass him. 16 28.07%
Total: 57 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Why does all literature place Sidious as strongest sith lord?
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
I didn't say no Jedi or Sith could beat him. I said no-one could stomp him.

The Bedlam Spirits could, and they don't even use the Force. laughing

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Nov 15th, 2013 10:25 PM
Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Sidious being the most powerful sith lord in history is G-Canon.

No.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2013 10:26 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Dolos
The Bedlam Spirits could, and they don't even use the Force. laughing

Jedi or Sith.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2013 10:28 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
LeGenD, Based's point was, that you have no room to talk, and he was right.

You shouldn't be judging others, specially with the kind of debating history you have. Your world starts and ends at Sidious only, it seems.

Quit complaining when you do the exact same thing, except on a far greater scale. Hell, you suggested that Revan, just because he's powerful, can move as fast Palpatine despite nothing even suggesting it.

I try to restore balance in this subject by arguing in favor of TOR era content. Otherwise, I have seen posts like "Anakin would blitz Vitiate." Like hell he will.

Revan is incredibly fast and powerful on the basis of his holistic picture. Try to learn something from the discussion taking place in this thread: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=2

It is sheer idiocy to assume that Sidious would blitz someone as powerful and capable as Revan in a contest. But fanboys of your caliber would have no trouble assuming this kind of foolishness.

TBH, I don't think Merchant meant "universal scale power." I think he used poor choice of words. But the Comics Companion does say that the storm Palpatine unleashed against the new republic fleet did threaten to consume all of space (interpret that as you will). Regardless, Palpatine's ability to instantly summon storms that rip the very fabric of space/time, capable of destroying entire star fleets, is a display of personal raw power and mastery that Vitiate has never came close to demonstrating. The closest Vitiate came to matching that kind of destructive power, required either aid or lots of preparation.

Really?

The level of raw power and mastery that Vitiate demonstrated on Medriaas in the aftermath of the (super) ritual he performed with aid of his minions is unparalleled in the mythos: the dark side energy released during this event consumed an entire planet (destroyed all biota in its path) and culminated into the largest nexus of lethal dark side energy in sheer scale in the mythos and Vitiate possessed such level of alter abilities that he prevented that nexus of energy from consuming him and successfully channeled all of it into himself to vastly increase his capacity as a practitioner of the Force and acquire virtual immortality which would prolong his life endlessly. In-fact, Vitiate could possibly pull off this level of destruction by himself during his reign as Sith Emperor but refrained from doing so because his true nature would have come to light. By the time of Great Galactic War, Vitiate had developed such level of alter abilities that he could consume dark side energy of galactic proportions and complete his final transformation into an omnipotent being (surpass every kind of deity in power).

Sidious, in contrast, never demonstrated matching level of alter ability: when Sidious came in to contact with his Force Storm, he was reduced to essence form.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Nov 16th, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 12:23 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by ares834
No.
...Yes...????????? Dude, if you do not know that simple fact then you need to immediately leave this forum and never come back.

Someone please talk some sense into this guy. I know he doesn't understand reason if he doesn't know this simple fact. I'm not going to ignore your ignorance.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 12:28 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Sidious, in contrast, never demonstrated matching level of alter ability: when Sidious came in to contact with his Force Storm, he was reduced to essence form.

He was temporarily cut off from his connection to the dark side by Luke Skywalker, Leia, and Anakin Solo.

When many Jedi channel their powers into one, it's a power boost greater than if a Sith consumed all their essences: based on what has been demonstrated:

Before NJO, 30 of Luke's Jedi channeled their energies into Dorsk 81; afterward he used his TK to instantly obliterate 17 Star Destroyers. A feat comparable to Sidious Dark Side wormhole, performed by a Padawan.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Last edited by KillaKassara on Nov 16th, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 12:30 AM
Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

...Yes...????????? Dude, if you do not know that simple fact then you need to immediately leave this forum and never come back.

Someone please talk some sense into this guy. I know he doesn't understand reason if he doesn't know this simple fact. I'm not going to ignore your ignorance.

Sidious being the most powerful Sith is really debatable to be honest.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 12:32 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

no.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 12:34 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Sidious being the most powerful Sith is really debatable to be honest.

"The Rebels were turning out to be more troublesome than many had expected. The Emperor had known it would be thus, of course; the resistance had not been a surprise to him. The Emperor was completely in concert with the dark side of the Force. He was the most powerful Sith to have ever existed."
-- Death Star, page 76

"...Yoda could not hope to defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history."
-- The New Essential Chronology

"Beyond the vision of the Jedi Knights, somewhere within the darkness, the greatest master of evil ever to use Sith power bides his time. As his strength grows, his plans begin to shape the course of the galaxy, and his snares await the unsuspecting."
-- The Complete Visual Dictionary, page 72.

Page 109 from the Dark Empire sourcebook:

"Palpatine has risen from the dead. The most powerful Sith Lord who ever lived had returned."

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 12:36 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Christ.

I'd agree that Sidious is the most powerful but that's not "G-canon" as you claim. Lucas has never claimed Sidious is the most powerful sith ever.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 12:37 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Exactly. It isn't G-canon Jman

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 12:37 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

"The Rebels were turning out to be more troublesome than many had expected. The Emperor had known it would be thus, of course; the resistance had not been a surprise to him. The Emperor was completely in concert with the dark side of the Force. He was the most powerful Sith to have ever existed."
-- Death Star, page 76

"...Yoda could not hope to defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history."
-- The New Essential Chronology

"Beyond the vision of the Jedi Knights, somewhere within the darkness, the greatest master of evil ever to use Sith power bides his time. As his strength grows, his plans begin to shape the course of the galaxy, and his snares await the unsuspecting."
-- The Complete Visual Dictionary, page 72.

Page 109 from the Dark Empire sourcebook:

"Palpatine has risen from the dead. The most powerful Sith Lord who ever lived had returned."

- Vaders opinion.

- Could easily be referring to a different type of power than combat ability.

- Vague, doesn't actually say he's the most powerful.

- Again, merely an opinion as I recall.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 12:39 AM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by ares834

Christ.

I'd agree that Sidious is the most powerful but that's not "G-canon" as you claim. Lucas has never claimed Sidious is the most powerful sith ever.
I Did go a bit overboard. (or alot)

But, it was a slight mistake, he said that Sidious was the most powerful Sith Lord in the Galaxy.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 12:43 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Ragnos was also the most powerful sith in the galaxy :trollface:

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 12:45 AM
ares834

I Did go a bit overboard. (or alot)

But, it was a slight mistake, he said that Sidious was the most powerful Sith Lord in the Galaxy.

Have a source/link for that quote?

Many people claim he has said it but, as of yet, no one has been able to provide it.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 12:45 AM
Jmanghan

- Vaders opinion.

- Could easily be referring to a different type of power than combat ability.

- Vague, doesn't actually say he's the most powerful.

- Again, merely an opinion as I recall.

- Possibly

- Then what did they mean when they meant that Yoda could not hope to defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in History ?

- They said "The greatest master of evil ever to use sith power "

- Possibly, or as I said, Fact.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 12:50 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

- Possibly

- Then what did they mean when they meant that Yoda could not hope to defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in History ?

- They said "The greatest master of evil ever to use sith power "

- Possibly, or as I said, Fact.

- No, the passage is written from Vaders point of view.

- Sidious was the most powerful Sith Lord in history...... in that he ruled the entire galaxy. wink

- Greatest in what way?

- Yeah. As I recall, its opinion. :shrug:

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 12:58 AM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sidious could have been.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 01:00 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 01:03 AM
Jmanghan

- No, the passage is written from Vaders point of view.

- Sidious was the most powerful Sith Lord in history...... in that he ruled the entire galaxy. wink

- Greatest in what way?

- Yeah. As I recall, its opinion. :shrug:

- Okay, you win this one

- They could've, but its said that Yoda couldn't defeat him. So I highly doubt that they meant powerful as in Rank of Politics (Emperor). But it's still a good thought.

- As in most powerful force user, or at least it heavily implies.

- Won this one too.

@Ares (Doing this off my phone so double quotes aren't really an option) Honestly, bro, I based that off of other people saying that George Lucas said it, it has to be somewhere, nearly every star wars fan has referenced it.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 01:21 AM