KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » UQ Holder Thread

UQ Holder Thread
Started by: Q99

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
danteiscool

Huh. Q99, seems like you're pretty much right on the money as of this new chapter. Until we get the specifics of his ability.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 02:32 AM
danteiscool is currently offline Click here to Send danteiscool a Private Message Find more posts by danteiscool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

This new antagonist (It's most likely Santa) has some pretty unfair powers. Intangibility, telekinesis, phasing and possession. He's not going to be an easy opponent to take down at all.

The fact psionic skills can't be learned or transferred makes me wonder if a genetic factor plays a role in them.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2014 02:51 PM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

Possibly. At any rate, Touta and his companions don't have the needed skillset to fight Santa properly.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2014 02:55 PM
danteiscool is currently offline Click here to Send danteiscool a Private Message Find more posts by danteiscool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Well this panel was totally not suggestive in any way:
http://www.mangahere.co/manga/uq_holder/c047/16.html

Old Post Sep 1st, 2014 04:49 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Esomark

The fact psionic skills can't be learned or transferred makes me wonder if a genetic factor plays a role in them.

Seems likely. Hm, then again, the fact that they're so super rare makes it seems like passing down within a family is unlikely, or you'd have more.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2014 10:50 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

True. So there must be other unspecified factors that we are not aware of just yet.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2014 12:01 AM
Markness

Originally posted by Q99
Seems likely. Hm, then again, the fact that they're so super rare makes it seems like passing down within a family is unlikely, or you'd have more.

Well, there is genetic atavism since certain traits can skip generations before appearing again. But yeah, we don't know the answer yet.

I made a goof by saying the target was most likely Santa when it was quite obvious it was him when he was introduced since I tend to have long term memory loss between chapters.

Just read the new chapter. I can relate to Santa's reluctance to socialize since I was bullied myself and I still have mental scars from it.

Good to see a fighting game shout out in the middle of the chapter. Karin used a kicking technique like Chun-Li's Hyakuretsukyaku earlier on.

Could this new face be Santa's sister?

Old Post Sep 5th, 2014 04:55 PM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

Sorry to hear that, Esomark. Hopefully those mental scars fade over time.

Possibly. Or at least a former friend. But for him to be dead... could he have gained these abilities due to being a sort of poltergeist?

Old Post Sep 5th, 2014 09:09 PM
Markness

Originally posted by danteiscool
Sorry to hear that, Esomark. Hopefully those mental scars fade over time.

Possibly. Or at least a former friend. But for him to be dead... could he have gained these abilities due to being a sort of poltergeist?

Thank you. I fortunately have a good therapist I can confide in.

Good point. His abilities are very ghostly.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2014 12:53 PM
danteiscool

That's good to hear. Seriously.

Yeah. Come to think of it, they never quite brought up the possibility of their target being a poltergeist or something else of the sort, so perhaps that's what he is or at least it plays an important part in his current abilities. For all we know, he could've somehow had similar abilities in life only for them to grow in potency or flat out change upon death.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 12:24 AM
Q99

New chapter- oh, *that's* interesting!

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 09:19 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Sayoko's curse XD

At this point, I don't think it's Santa.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 07:52 PM
wakkawakkawakka

To be honest, you could probably deduce that Santa wasn't the culprit when the grave was shown.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 10:56 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

Definitely. You think maybe the girl could have a hand in the crimes now? Because I'm beginning to get this odd vibe that she's more involved in the crimes themselves than anything else.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 11:01 PM
Q99

The sister is who I'm thinking, yes.

Probably not Sayoko ^^

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 11:36 PM
danteiscool

Agreed.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 02:21 PM
Markness

Well, that was a creepy ending. It must feel gross being grabbed by those hands since they came out of the toilet and they aren't shy in where they are grabbing Karin.

The wraith had the same flower hair accesory the possible sister of Santa's had so I'm leaning toward her being the criminal now. But how does she know Karin's name? Karin didn't recognize her.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 03:27 PM
danteiscool

Creepy indeed.

Don't know, though this person could've researched her or something

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 09:33 PM
danteiscool

Well, am I the only one who is now getting the feeling that the girl who warned Touta about Santa being is dead is the same girl that attacked Karin? Both look rather similar, save for their facial expression. Maybe some kind of person whose personality was split upon death or something?

Old Post Sep 17th, 2014 11:25 PM
Q99

You may be right there.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 12:31 AM