KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » UQ Holder Thread

UQ Holder Thread
Started by: Q99

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Markness

We shouldn't allow the onslaught of DBZ threads push this one into oblivion.

Wow, I wasn't expecting Touta to say something like that. Despite how Eva cared for him, he still considers her a stranger and not a mother figure. He also doesn't want to be seen as her servant. I guess he's truly running away.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 10:45 PM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

I'm not really suprised by Tota's behavior. Despite his seemingly "by the book" shonen persona, he's ultimately been kind of a mystery since his introduction. This reveal about how his feelings of Eva is just a part of that IMO.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 11:54 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

Agreed, wakkawakkawakka. And it's also rather refreshing to see a protagonist that won't mope around and let his pals essentially beat up on him verbally, not to mention actually be willing to break away from the usual cliché of going against her order and getting involved in the tournament anyway.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2015 01:41 AM
danteiscool is currently offline Click here to Send danteiscool a Private Message Find more posts by danteiscool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

The new chapter came a little later than usual. Touta hasn't gone too far away but so far he hasn't had any qualms about leaving though in the panels where he is looking up at the tower almost suggest otherwise. However, despite what Touta said about Eva, she's still in his thoughts. He's uncertain if she truly cares about him and he's visibly bummed wondering about that.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2015 03:51 PM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Esomark

Wow, I wasn't expecting Touta to say something like that. Despite how Eva cared for him, he still considers her a stranger and not a mother figure. He also doesn't want to be seen as her servant. I guess he's truly running away.

I'm not actually sure that's how he really feels, but with her new revelations, and her different attitude, I suspect he feels he's been interacting with a mask and not the real her...

Old Post Feb 5th, 2015 01:03 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

Esomark, Q99: looks like you're right. He's having a hard time trying to figure out how Yukihime really felt about him given her reaction to that vision. Honestly, this is her fault; she really could've worded it better because now it looks like Touta might get dragged into a new and avoidable mess.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2015 01:24 AM
danteiscool is currently offline Click here to Send danteiscool a Private Message Find more posts by danteiscool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I think she was being purposefully cold to discourage him... which doesn't work ^^

Old Post Feb 5th, 2015 07:09 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Q99
I'm not actually sure that's how he really feels, but with her new revelations, and her different attitude, I suspect he feels he's been interacting with a mask and not the real her...

You missed my newer post. I have a different outlook on the situation now.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2015 08:26 AM
Q99

Afro the Forever!

Old Post Feb 15th, 2015 10:09 PM
Q99

Oh wow. Things got serious fast!

Tota is [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Negi's copy? And being attacked by his.... sister, or something?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2015 08:40 AM
danteiscool

Talk about wow...

Old Post Mar 5th, 2015 10:40 PM
Q99

Good thing for friends, otherwise, yeesh!

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 01:51 AM
danteiscool

Yep. Props to Akumetsu; honestly didn't think such a surprise character would make a sudden move like that, let alone come so damn close to actually killing Touta.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 11:32 PM
Q99

He's pretty good at not just sticking to formula. Stuff sometimes happens at unpredictable times without feeling forced.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2015 03:44 AM
Markness

Touta's "sister" also has a replica of Ensis Exorcizans. No wonder she's having the upper hand here.

And I agree with you, danteiscool. We didn't see a repeat of Magia Erebea saving his life like it did earlier. If anything, it's putting his life in danger.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2015 07:25 AM
danteiscool

Yep.

And you know, this all just started to hit me, but Akametsu was kinda foreshadowing this: Touta, though by no means a true beast just yet, started off this series with more combat ability than Negi did. Not to mention just how often he was able to turn around a battle with his battle instincts. Why is that? Because of this new reveal with him being a literal Negi-clone (or at least something very similar), with Negi's own experience/skill having been transmitted via genetics to him. Hell, rereading some earlier fights, it almost looks to me (could be wrong here) as if some of Touta's leg stances resemble the ones Negi uses as part of his Chinese martial arts.

Furthermore, why is Touta able to learn shundo so fast? Because Negi knew it. And now look at Magia Erebea. That old guy - Nagumo - said it's a learned technique yet Touta had it be a part of his very own being. Just like Negi when he finally mastered it near the end of Negima. It transferred to Touta since by the time these mysterious people got their hands on his DNA, it had been radically altered by Magia Erebea and so when they made Touta, he got his own darkness-based Magia Erebea (either due to his vampire nature or something else). Hell, when he uses it, his arms look a lot like Negi's own arms as is revealed in the ch. 24 flashback, though Negi's has a different aesthetic design to it. Nevermind how similar the two of them looked when Touta was thrashing Kaito, what with his hair growing long and all that.

As to why he can't use magic, well I can't guess that, but the chi makes sense since Negi learned that too.

And just look at their very appearance; Touta more or less looks like a 13-14 year old Negi, just with different hair/eye color and a somewhat different hair style.

There are probably more things I can point out, but nothing else is immediately coming to my mind right now.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2015 08:45 PM
Q99

Save scumming for the win!

quote:

And just look at their very appearance; Touta more or less looks like a 13-14 year old Negi, just with different hair/eye color and a somewhat different hair style.

Less bookish, more athletic... interesting that his talents are different.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2015 06:36 PM
danteiscool

Yeah. Possible intentional alteration on behalf of his creators? Or just Touta all on his own?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2015 09:22 PM
Q99

It seems like the Erebea-influence is strong, so Touta may be sort of Negi's more erebea-y side.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 10:15 PM
wakkawakkawakka

While not nearly as interesting as the rest of the stuff discussed, I find this to be a convenient way to get out of answering the "who Negi picked" question.

Though now I'm curious as to how many Negi-spawn are out there.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 11:04 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote