KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Revan vs The Hero of Tython

Who is the Ultimate Jedi?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Revan 9 50.00%
The Hero of Tython 9 50.00%
Total: 18 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Revan vs The Hero of Tython
Started by: Nephthys

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 7 8 [9]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
I guess you haven't read the books. erm

In the books, at one point Marek Force Pushes hundreds, possibly THOUSANDS of droids so hard that it creates an 'artificial hurricane' that leaves shadows over the landscape of Raxus Prime.

In the books he casually thinks about destroying a replica of the Jedi Temple with a single Force Push. Fully to scale.

In the books he takes out an AT-AT with a blast of lightning, killing its crew in the process, and then shoves it over with the Force.

In the books he destroys the Sky Hook on Kashyyyk with the Force, quaking apart a structure that reaches into orbit.

In the books he telekinetically manipulates a frigate in freefall from orbit with the force while maintaining a force shield "against the sort of heat he might find in the outer layers of a star" while moving so fast that 'individual droplets of water hit like thermal detonators' against his shield WHILE holding the ship together again with telekinesis, until at the end he DISINTEGRATES THE ENTIRE FRIGATE into a billion pieces.

Galen Marek in the books is just about the most powerful Force user in Star Wars./B]

[b](please log in to view the image)

Originally posted by ares834
Well, souls certainly seemed to be tied to power. Hence, why Sith Spirits can use the force or how Luke and Krayt can use the force when Beyond the Shadows.

Otherwise, agree to disagree.

Jedi/Light Side spirits aren't agents of chaos and exist within the Force in a unified kind of way, only manifesting for benevolent purposes, IIRC. Sith, meanwhile, struggle to maintain their identity and use the Force for the opposite reason. I seem to recall that they go to some chaotic void when they perish, or they come and go from it as spirits. Only Nadd has "died a second death", so it's unclear if he is simply unable to manifest or he is truly gone for good.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2013 04:37 PM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

And thats why I don't consider those feats bindingly canon.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2013 04:51 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

I just don't like TFU at all. It's not a bad action game, but the "up to 11" force use and the backhanded saber style is just retarded.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2013 04:56 PM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Yeah, I never researched wtf was up with that backhanded saber style. Somebody explain plz?

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2013 04:57 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Probably either a nod to Zatoichi or just Rule of Cool.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2013 05:07 PM
Petrus
Debonaire Member

I'm leaning towards Rule of Cool.

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2013 05:09 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

I think the entire game was meant to be Rule of Cool. Which is okay, because it sells. I just don't care for what it brought to the mythos and it stands out worse than some other black sheep. Like Splinter of the Mind's Eye or the Christmas Special.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2013 05:11 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Nephthys
I don't see any separation of power between Vitiates real body and the Voice in those quotes.

Perhaps Neph's greatest oversight. ^

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 04:58 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote