KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Steven Universe

Steven Universe
Started by: XanatosForever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

A creator actually confirmed that Sapphire and Ruby are a couple. Cartoon Network has it's own KorraSami.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 04:55 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Does that even count, though? From the sound of their voices and most mannerisms, it seems like Gems are an androgynous species with a feminine lean.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 05:08 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Well Rose Quartz gave birth; the process wasn't exactly similar to humans, but the fact that she gave birth indicates clearly to me at least that the Gems are girls. While the Gems consider themselves genderless, they're all clearly female with the exception of Jasper...who is still a woman, just a really buff one.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 05:20 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

But they've stated repeatedly that Steven's "birth" was a metamorphosis. It's not gone into detail, but they've also made it clear that it wasn't a natural thing. Steven's the first of his kind. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: It's why Jasper wanted to take him to the gem homeworld.

Speaking of that, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: anyone else curious what Yellow Diamond must be like?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 06:09 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
This is the best cartoon ever, my god. So perfect. I've been watching Garnets song over and over. She's made of love. (please log in to view the image)
"But I think you're just mad cause you're single"

So sassy. I love it.

This show has really come into its own somewhat recently. It was an all right watch before, but the fleshing out of the myth arc and the Gem homeworld has made it great. I need to get fully caught up.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2015 06:41 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

The mystery of the Gems and their lore are what got interested in the first place. If you go in expecting a piecemeal progression like early Adventure Time, then you won't be frustrated as episodes don't answer questions. I first saw Steven as some basic, traditionally stupid child character. Now I know he's anything but, and I like that. A lot. Still a child, but definitely his own, individual person.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2015 07:17 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 20th, 2015 09:59 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I'm missing a part of this reference.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2015 01:16 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Persona + Newest episode of SU.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2015 02:54 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Persona is gay.

Much like Steven Universe. Lot of homo shit going on in there.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2015 03:51 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I'm still not a fan of Uncle Grandpa, but the non-canon April Fool's crossover was actually pretty enjoyable.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2015 07:44 PM
KingD19

I hate Uncle Grandpa. But he and Mr. Gus dropped some real wisdom, plus they acknowledged the fan base with the gemsonas and the Gems freaking was hilarious.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2015 08:02 PM
cdtm

Steven playing level headed straight man for a change was gold.

Want to see a crossover with every show on the list. Especially Swat Cats and Adventure Time (Mostly for Uncle Grandpa vs Magic Man. Come to think of it, Finn would probably assume UG IS Magic Man in disguise.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2015 08:28 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I love it when Steven and Connie work together.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2015 09:51 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Episode's got a new intro, and it looks like things are starting to kick into high gear. Connie trains with Pearl, Greg meets Stevonnie, and we see more of Rose Quartz, including a new fusion! Great stuff, really.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2015 10:42 AM
KingD19

Pearl is really starting to concern me. She's losing the ability to differentiate Steven from his mom and she's done/let some really f*cked up stuff happen.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2015 09:03 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

She's getting better imo. All the gems were traumatized by Rose's passing, that takes a long time to get passed. She's certain the most damaged of the gems though.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2015 09:45 AM
KingD19

She's getting better imo. All the gems were traumatized by Rose's passing, that takes a long time to get passed. She's certain the most damaged of the gems though.

She's better in some ways, worse in others. It's kinda like one step forward = two steps back. But her being upset is no excuse for what she did before or after Rose's death due to her Larfleeze-esque level of jealousy regarding her. Garnet and Amethyst were shaken up as well, but they soldiered on and they do right by Steven. Pearl on the other hand has shown herself to be petty, jealous, and all sorts of other unhealthy emotions when it comes to any mention or thought of Rose.

She basically f*cked/fused Rose just to show off to Greg about what he couldn't do with her or for her. She told Rose several times he was no good, not good enough for her because he was taking Rose's attention.

She was brainwashing Connie into thinking she was simply a tool to be used in Steven's defense.

She allowed Steven to die. Sounds weird, but that episode where she found out he basically had full access to his mothers armory, she freaked out. And when he chased her, making a jump he had no business making, she knew he could have died and she just sat there while he scrambled up those roots to save his own life.

Even way back when she was so determined to get back to Home World she kinda forced him into space with her in a ship that would have killed him.

She's also been pretty mean to him at times, like telling him he didn't even know Rose and stuff like that.

From the beginning Rose is Steven's main "Mom", yet also the one who treats him the worst and allows bad things to happen because she misses Rose and he reminds her of what she lost. She was closest to Rose, I get that. But she needs serious help. I see her snapping one of these days and either trying to hurt Steven, letting someone try and hurt him, or delusionally thinking of him as his mom and trying to grope him up or something.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2015 10:25 AM
NemeBro

She's getting better imo.
Hahah, it's funny because the episode yesterday made Pearl look like a deranged addict.

Best gem.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 11:33 PM
KingD19

Maybe these extreme tendencies she seems to have are a result of her being " lost & defective" according to Jasper.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 11:58 PM