KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Fallout 4

Fallout 4
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FinalAnswer
Flower

Why

Howdy!

Old Post May 13th, 2015 02:48 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

Do you not know what nuclear winter is?

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post May 13th, 2015 02:50 PM
Spawns is currently offline Click here to Send Spawns a Private Message Find more posts by Spawns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

What is it

Howdy!

Old Post May 13th, 2015 03:01 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

Imagine a never ending snowstorm. Temperatures from -20 to -100 the snow is radioactive and never seeing the sun. It never stops snowing. It's almost impossible to survive

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post May 13th, 2015 04:13 PM
Spawns is currently offline Click here to Send Spawns a Private Message Find more posts by Spawns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

First of all, Bethesda is as likely to implement that as they were to implement cold mechanics in Skyrim

Second of all, no, in a nuclear winter the winter isn't actually radioactive, all it means is there's so much soot in the atmosphere that it's basically reversing the greenhouse effect, where the biggest danger lies in famine.

And third, Fallout currently takes place two hundred years after the bombs fell, the soot would have dissipated by then and the climate would be relatively normal, which would make sense since we see civilization thriving as of New Vegas.

Howdy!

Old Post May 13th, 2015 09:50 PM
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
First of all, Bethesda is as likely to implement that as they were to implement cold mechanics in Skyrim

Second of all, no, in a nuclear winter the winter isn't actually radioactive, all it means is there's so much soot in the atmosphere that it's basically reversing the greenhouse effect, where the biggest danger lies in famine.

And third, Fallout currently takes place two hundred years after the bombs fell, the soot would have dissipated by then and the climate would be relatively normal, which would make sense since we see civilization thriving as of New Vegas.

Actually we don't know what will happen in a nuclear winter. There are a couple hypothesis on it. Of course nuclear winter is pretty hypothetical

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post May 14th, 2015 11:46 AM
FinalAnswer
Flower

I've never read anything that suggests we'd get radioactive snow.

But even besides that, we do know that it wouldn't last 200 years. So unless this is set immediately after the Great War, I don't see it.

Howdy!

Old Post May 14th, 2015 01:52 PM
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

Well a nuclear winter only lasts 20 years so it's going to have to be within that range if it's going to be accurate

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post May 14th, 2015 01:55 PM
Arachnid1

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Jun 2nd, 2015 at 05:22 PM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 05:08 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It would be pretty damn sick if Fallout 4 gets released this year......

Fallout 3 is one of the only sandbox open world games where I explored pretty much all the areas in the map. I loved how the map was big but manageable and filled with interesting things to do.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 11:39 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Smasandian

Fallout 3 is one of the only sandbox open world games where I explored pretty much all the areas in the map. I loved how the map was big but manageable and filled with interesting things to do.
Same. It likely would be an instant GOTY winner.

InB4 Fallout Online lol

PWNT

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 11:56 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Smasandian

That's how it was for me in New Vegas.

And I remember being disgusted by a side quest where a family was killed by cannibals and their bodies were in pieces. Very few games disgust me.

New Vegas is in my top 3 all time games.

I want Fallout 4 so bad. Even a watered version of 3 or New Vegas. I just love the shit out of the RPG system. I want it sooooo bad!!!!

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2015 03:52 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Same. It likely would be an instant GOTY winner.

Not with Witcher 3 in contention. It could be a serious contender though.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2015 04:53 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by dadudemon
That's how it was for me in New Vegas.

And I remember being disgusted by a side quest where a family was killed by cannibals and their bodies were in pieces. Very few games disgust me.

New Vegas is in my top 3 all time games.

I want Fallout 4 so bad. Even a watered version of 3 or New Vegas. I just love the shit out of the RPG system. I want it sooooo bad!!!!

I didn't like New Vegas as much as Fallout 3. I think Fallout 3 had much more memorable areas to explore.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2015 01:13 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Howdy!

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2015 02:10 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Just saw the trailer. Totally stoked for this game. I wonder if its Fall 2015...I'm guessing it is because the trailer looks like it has some engine scenes in it.

I wonder what the PC specs are......hopefully not too crazy.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2015 02:10 PM
FinalAnswer
Flower

I'm sincerely hoping the voice is only for the trailer and we aren't getting voiced protagonist bullshit.

EDIT: At least the animations look remarkably improved

Howdy!

Last edited by FinalAnswer on Jun 3rd, 2015 at 02:16 PM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2015 02:14 PM
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

Originally posted by FinalAnswer
I'm sincerely hoping the voice is only for the trailer and we aren't getting voiced protagonist bullshit.

EDIT: At least the animations look remarkably improved

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2015 02:16 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It probably isn't.

Bethesda games never had voice overs for the character you play. I'm not sure why they would start now.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2015 02:50 PM
FinalAnswer
Flower

Because it's what all the cool kids are doing

Howdy!

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2015 03:23 PM