KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Toph vs. Azula

Who would win?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Toph 3 30.00%
Azula 7 70.00%
Total: 9 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Toph vs. Azula
Started by: Excalibur2776

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Just curious, why do you put Jeong over Azula and Iroh over Ozai? I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but Iroh didn't seem confident about his ability to take on Ozai (and I don't think it was just him being modest), and I don't remember what Jeong was capable of doing.

Yeah, I'd put Azula over Jeong Jeong and Ozai over Iroh. Ozai was more impressive in his fight with Aang than Iroh was attacking Ba Sing Se. Much more powerful with all the flying around and stuff. And Azula is just straight up better than Jeong Jeong.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2014 12:00 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

dunno about Azula being better than Jeong. She may very well be the better fighter, but that's not quite the same as being more powerful. Under the comet, Jeong displayed far more power and command, closer to the level of Ozai, than Azula did... exampled in how he was able to "fly" (although not as well as Ozai) and Azula only managed to get a few inches off the ground.

Even taking into account that Azula was losing her shit during the comet, which effected the way she fought, i don't think it affected her level of power output at all.

Last edited by marwash22 on Mar 28th, 2014 at 02:26 PM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2014 02:23 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys

Azula could fly even without the comet though. The only one to do it without that.

(please log in to view the image)

She couldn't hover, but I think its obvious that with the comet she could have were she in better control.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2014 02:53 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

Toph and Aang couldn't even capture Azula without her bending...

Old Post Mar 28th, 2014 06:20 PM
Based is currently offline Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Based
Toph and Aang couldn't even capture Azula without her bending...

Thats a whole different situation. Azula knew she was outmatched without her bending, so she resorted to running. Also, don't forget that Azula had the Dai Li agents protecting her as well.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2014 09:50 PM
King Joker is currently offline Click here to Send King Joker a Private Message Find more posts by King Joker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by Nephthys
Azula could fly even without the comet though. The only one to do it without that.

(please log in to view the image)

She couldn't hover, but I think its obvious that with the comet she could have were she in better control.
not obvious at all.

She didn't fly. All she did in that instance was propel herself off the car... that's not even close to being the same thing as projecting flame from your feet and maneuvering around like Jeong and Ozai did.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2014 12:07 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro
Savior of KMC

Originally posted by SamZED
^thumb up People like to bring up her last encounter with Zuko as a proof of his superiority. They're forgetting she was in no condition to fight. That's the only reason Zuko agreed to take her 1 on 1 in the first place.
As far as TLA firebenders go i'd say:
1. Iroh
2. Ozai
3. Jeong
4. Azula
5. Zuko
Ozai is explicitly the single most powerful firebender in the show.

Jeong Jeong might indeed be better than Azula, it's hard to say. I'd argue that if nothing else, he is the more skilled better. Azula might be more powerful though.

Also, Azula wins.

"I GOTTA FIND OUT WHO KILLED MY DAD"

Old Post Mar 29th, 2014 01:59 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys

Eh, I dunno. Azula does go toe to toe with the Avatar a few times and easily holds her own in the fights, winning a few times. Could Jeong Jeong do that? I don't think so. And everyone is giving her the edge over Toph, who is either the best or second best Earthbender in the world. Also Jeong Jeong has never displayed lightning. I always thought that Iroh, Ozai and Azula were the top 3 Firebenders there are.

Originally posted by marwash22
not obvious at all.

She didn't fly. All she did in that instance was propel herself off the car... that's not even close to being the same thing as projecting flame from your feet and maneuvering around like Jeong and Ozai did.

She did propel herself with her feet in The Southern Raiders. And of course it isn't close, those two were enhanced by the comet. I just don't see why Azula couldn't do it if she'd been in her right mind during the comet. Those two couldn't do it without the comet either.

Last edited by Nephthys on Mar 29th, 2014 at 07:45 PM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2014 07:36 PM
SamZED

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Just curious, why do you put Jeong over Azula and Iroh over Ozai? I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but Iroh didn't seem confident about his ability to take on Ozai (and I don't think it was just him being modest), and I don't remember what Jeong was capable of doing.
I put Iroh over Ozai because I believe he's more experienced and put more effort into studying firebending, including learning from the dragon masters. Ozai looks more impressive under the comet sure but IMO that's because he's all about destruction and killing things with fire while Iroh is a pacifist. I think he refused to fight Ozai because he believed that it's avatars destiny, said so himself. He didn't want it to be seen as a battle between brothers over the throne. I actually see Ozai beating him in a fight due to his ruthlessness compared to Iroh's peaceful nature, there's a good chance he wouldn't find the strength to kill his brother. Even though he's a more experienced fire bender. As for Azula compared to Jeong. Again the experience. Also that humongous wall of fire he created that blocked the entire river and stopped a bunch of military ships. Haven't seen anyone display that sort of power without the amp.

Also IMO any of those ATLA guys would destroy any LOK fire bender.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2014 08:14 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys

The ATLA guys are all superior to the LOK benders. Excepting of course the bloodbenders and the Avatars in those final episodes.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2014 09:05 PM
SamZED

Blood benders yeah. But Aang seemed a lot more impressive to me in the avatar state than Korra. She used to get her ass kicked every time she went into the avatar state, Aang used to bust up cities.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2014 09:25 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys

I'm talking about Korra when she was fighting Avatar Unalaq. That was a fairly crazy fight.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2014 09:47 PM
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, A: TLA benders are much more impressive than LoK benders in general... Korra is kinda lame compared too Aang IMO...

Old Post Mar 30th, 2014 10:31 PM
King Joker is currently offline Click here to Send King Joker a Private Message Find more posts by King Joker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

Korra >>>>>>>> Aang (kid)

Old Post Mar 31st, 2014 12:50 AM
Based is currently offline Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

What? Aang shits on Korra all day in every category. Except ****ing up. She does that better than any Avatar aside from maybe Wan the original.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2014 12:55 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys

The previous Waterbending Avatar was pretty shit too.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2014 12:56 AM
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by KingD19
What? Aang shits on Korra all day in every category. Except ****ing up. She does that better than any Avatar aside from maybe Wan the original.

You said it!

Old Post Mar 31st, 2014 01:01 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

The surfer guy who got his gfs face taken by Koh? And only used the Avatar State to make killer waves brah?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2014 01:01 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys

Yeah. He was so arragant and lazy he let his wife get iced.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2014 01:03 AM
ares834
Grand Moff

Originally posted by SamZED
Blood benders yeah. But Aang seemed a lot more impressive to me in the avatar state than Korra. She used to get her ass kicked every time she went into the avatar state, Aang used to bust up cities.

Shouldn't Korra's AS be more powerful then Aang's due to the way it works? Atterall, she should have all the experience and power that Aang' AS had, plus a bit more.

--- You May Fire When Ready ---

Old Post Mar 31st, 2014 01:11 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote