KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Tolkien games

Tolkien games
Started by: turin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
turin

Tolkien games

I have been reading a lot lately on the upcoming games based on lord of the rings. I guess there is a Hobbit game for PS2 (and other formats) as well as Vendi's (i beleive thats the company) treason of Isengard and EA's Return of the king. Also there will be a strategy game called war of the ring for PC. Hopefully people have more info on them or photos. from what i have seen they all look good but Return of the King looks amazing. so if you know anything on them (particulary release date big grin ) let us know!!!!

Old Post Apr 29th, 2003 10:25 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I've seen screenshots from The Hobbit, which I think is an EA game. Looks to be entertaining. The Ring will pop off your finger when you least expect it...

As for the Treason of Isengard, I have not heard about it, or the War of the Ring strategy game. The strategy game might be good, but hard to say.

The Return of the King follows up the Two Towers game from EA Games. The graphics for TTT were satisfactory, but it was incredibly short and I beat it in less than a day. I've heard that ROTK is longer and has more characters.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2003 05:01 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

where did you see screen shots of the hobbit? for ROTK i read that you can play as 6 characters (legolas, gimli, aragorn, gandalf, sam and frodo) there are different paths you can take through the game, and it is supposed to be like 3 times as long as TTT. you can jump climb and do many other new movements. hopefully there will be a paths of the dead level and i heard you can play 2 secret characters (hopefully one is treebeard and the destruction of isengard). the other games i havent really heard of any thing except some screenshots. they all look pretty cool.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2003 03:03 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Nintendo Power magazine. They had a three page article on it. Not sure what issue though. It looks a little cartoonish, and Gollum looks...interesting.

Where did ya see some screenshots of ROTK? I must see!

Old Post Apr 30th, 2003 09:22 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

check out www.theonering.net they have a bunch of articles on the front page so just scroll down and youll find it

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2003 09:23 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Oh, I see.

The screens of Gandalf look good.

Old Post May 6th, 2003 04:31 AM
turin

theonering.net has an article about the hobbit game. also i found out that there is going to be a middle earth game on the internet that will be much like everquest. cant wait!!!

Old Post May 14th, 2003 06:01 PM
REXXXX
Networking

The Hobbit looks a little too cartoonish.

Old Post May 14th, 2003 09:29 PM
turin

ya, it kind of reminds me of the ps2 game fellowship of the ring and i didnt really enjoy that one.

Old Post May 14th, 2003 09:32 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Never played it. The artwork on the box was good, but the graphics weren't that great. Plus, it came out before the movie was made, so the characters that don't have an obvious description (Gandalf had an obvious description, as you can tell) don't look like the ones in the films.

Old Post May 15th, 2003 05:18 AM
turin

go to theonering.net and they have a link to a trailer for return of the king by EA games. it looks pretty sweet.

Old Post May 16th, 2003 08:08 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Cool. I'll go check it out.

Old Post May 17th, 2003 02:15 AM
thelotrlovr15
you may call me SALAZAR!

FOTR game is terrible.... They talk to much... It is totally based on the book not the movie... The characters dont't look like the actors... and it is boring... and takes to long to load...

TTT is great but very very short.... I hope ROTK will be way better and way longer.... To bad you couldn't even play Boromir in TTT but maybe you could play Faramir in ROTK

"I know half of you half as well as I should like... And I like less than half of you half as well as you diserve..."--Bilbo

" That'll be them, will it, Potter?"
He pointed with his thumb over his shoulder; his magical eye was evidently peering through the back of his hand and his bowler hat. Harry leanded and inch or so to the left to see where Mad-Eye was pointing and there, sure enough, were the three Dursleys, who looked positively appallled to see Harry's reception committee.
"Ah, Harry!" said Mr. Weasley, turning from Hermione's parents, whom he had been greeting enthusiastically, and who were taking it in turns to hug Hermione." Well-- shall we do it then?"
" Yeah, I reckon so, Arthur," said Moody.
He and Mr. Weasley took the lead across the station toward the place where the Dursleys stood, apparently rooted to the floor. Hermione disengaged herself gently from her mother to join the group.
" Good afternoon," said Mr. Weasley pleasantly to Uncle Vernon coming to a halt right in front of him. " You might remember me, my name's Arthur Wealey."
As Mr. Weasley had singlehandedly demolished most of the Dursley's living room two years previously, Harry would have been very surprised if Uncle Vernon had forgotten him. Sure enough, Uncle Vernon turned a deeper shade of puce and glared at Mr. Weasley, but chose not to say anything, partly, perhaps, because the Dursley's were outnumbered two to one. Aunt Petunia looked both frightened and embarassed. She kept glancing around, as though terrified somebody she knew would see her in such company. Dudley, meanwhile, seemed to be trying to look small and insignificant, a feat at which he was failing extravagantly.
" We thought we'd just have a few words with you about Harry." said Mr. Weasley, still smiling.
" Yeah," growled Moody." About how he's treated when he's at your place."
Uncle Vernon's mustache seemed to bristle with indignation. Possibly because the bowler hat gave him the entirely mistaken impression that he was dealing with a kindred spirit, he addressed himself to Moody.
" I am not aware that it is any of your business what goes on in my house-"
" I expect what you're not aware of would fill several books, Dursley," growled Moody.
" Anyway, that's not the point," interjected Tonks, whose pink hair seemed to offend Aunt Petunia more than all the rest put together, for she closed her eyes rather than look at her." The point is, if we find out you've been horrible to Harry--"
"-- and make no mistake, we'll hear about it," added Lupiin pleasantly.
" Yes," said Mr. Weasley, " even if you won't let Harry use the felly tone--"
" TELEPHONE," whispered Hermoine.
" Yeah, if we get any hint that Potter's been mistreated in any way, you'll have us to answer to," said Moody.
Uncle Vernon swelled ominously. His sensed of outrage seemed to outweigh even his fear of this bunch of oddballs.
" Are you threatening me ,sir" he said, so loudly that passersby actually turned to stare.
" Yes, I am," said Mad- Eye, who seemed rather pleased that Uncle Vernon had grasped this fact so quickly.
" And do I look like the kind of man who can be intimidated?" barked Uncle Vernon.
" Well..." said Moody, pushing back his bowler hat to reveal his sinisterly revovling magical eye. Uncle Vernon leapt backward in horror and collided painfully with a luggage trolley. " Yes, I'd have to say you do, Dursley."
He turned away from Uncle Vernon to surey Harry. " So, Potter... give us a shout if you need us. If we don't hear from you for three days in a row, we'll send someone along...."
Aunt Petunia whimpered piteously. It could not have been plainer tht she was thinking of what neighbors would say if they caught sight of these people marching up the garden path.
" ' Bye, then, Potter," said Moody, grasping Harry's shoulder for a moent with a gnarled hand.
" Take care, Harry," said Lupin quietly. " Keep in touch."
" Harry, we'll have you away from there as soom as we can," Mrs. Weasley whispered, hugging him again.
" We'll see you soon ,mate," said Ron anxiously, shaking Harry's hand.
" Really soon, Harry," said Hermione earnestly." We promise."
Harry nodded. He somehow could not find words to tell them what it meant to him, to see them all ranged there, on his side. Instead he smiled, raised a hand in farewell, turned around, and led the way out of he station toward the sunlit strret, with Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia, and Dudley hurrying along in his wake.

Old Post May 19th, 2003 12:26 AM
thelotrlovr15 is currently offline Click here to Send thelotrlovr15 a Private Message Find more posts by thelotrlovr15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thelotrlovr15
you may call me SALAZAR!

where do you see the screens of the characters?

"I know half of you half as well as I should like... And I like less than half of you half as well as you diserve..."--Bilbo

" That'll be them, will it, Potter?"
He pointed with his thumb over his shoulder; his magical eye was evidently peering through the back of his hand and his bowler hat. Harry leanded and inch or so to the left to see where Mad-Eye was pointing and there, sure enough, were the three Dursleys, who looked positively appallled to see Harry's reception committee.
"Ah, Harry!" said Mr. Weasley, turning from Hermione's parents, whom he had been greeting enthusiastically, and who were taking it in turns to hug Hermione." Well-- shall we do it then?"
" Yeah, I reckon so, Arthur," said Moody.
He and Mr. Weasley took the lead across the station toward the place where the Dursleys stood, apparently rooted to the floor. Hermione disengaged herself gently from her mother to join the group.
" Good afternoon," said Mr. Weasley pleasantly to Uncle Vernon coming to a halt right in front of him. " You might remember me, my name's Arthur Wealey."
As Mr. Weasley had singlehandedly demolished most of the Dursley's living room two years previously, Harry would have been very surprised if Uncle Vernon had forgotten him. Sure enough, Uncle Vernon turned a deeper shade of puce and glared at Mr. Weasley, but chose not to say anything, partly, perhaps, because the Dursley's were outnumbered two to one. Aunt Petunia looked both frightened and embarassed. She kept glancing around, as though terrified somebody she knew would see her in such company. Dudley, meanwhile, seemed to be trying to look small and insignificant, a feat at which he was failing extravagantly.
" We thought we'd just have a few words with you about Harry." said Mr. Weasley, still smiling.
" Yeah," growled Moody." About how he's treated when he's at your place."
Uncle Vernon's mustache seemed to bristle with indignation. Possibly because the bowler hat gave him the entirely mistaken impression that he was dealing with a kindred spirit, he addressed himself to Moody.
" I am not aware that it is any of your business what goes on in my house-"
" I expect what you're not aware of would fill several books, Dursley," growled Moody.
" Anyway, that's not the point," interjected Tonks, whose pink hair seemed to offend Aunt Petunia more than all the rest put together, for she closed her eyes rather than look at her." The point is, if we find out you've been horrible to Harry--"
"-- and make no mistake, we'll hear about it," added Lupiin pleasantly.
" Yes," said Mr. Weasley, " even if you won't let Harry use the felly tone--"
" TELEPHONE," whispered Hermoine.
" Yeah, if we get any hint that Potter's been mistreated in any way, you'll have us to answer to," said Moody.
Uncle Vernon swelled ominously. His sensed of outrage seemed to outweigh even his fear of this bunch of oddballs.
" Are you threatening me ,sir" he said, so loudly that passersby actually turned to stare.
" Yes, I am," said Mad- Eye, who seemed rather pleased that Uncle Vernon had grasped this fact so quickly.
" And do I look like the kind of man who can be intimidated?" barked Uncle Vernon.
" Well..." said Moody, pushing back his bowler hat to reveal his sinisterly revovling magical eye. Uncle Vernon leapt backward in horror and collided painfully with a luggage trolley. " Yes, I'd have to say you do, Dursley."
He turned away from Uncle Vernon to surey Harry. " So, Potter... give us a shout if you need us. If we don't hear from you for three days in a row, we'll send someone along...."
Aunt Petunia whimpered piteously. It could not have been plainer tht she was thinking of what neighbors would say if they caught sight of these people marching up the garden path.
" ' Bye, then, Potter," said Moody, grasping Harry's shoulder for a moent with a gnarled hand.
" Take care, Harry," said Lupin quietly. " Keep in touch."
" Harry, we'll have you away from there as soom as we can," Mrs. Weasley whispered, hugging him again.
" We'll see you soon ,mate," said Ron anxiously, shaking Harry's hand.
" Really soon, Harry," said Hermione earnestly." We promise."
Harry nodded. He somehow could not find words to tell them what it meant to him, to see them all ranged there, on his side. Instead he smiled, raised a hand in farewell, turned around, and led the way out of he station toward the sunlit strret, with Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia, and Dudley hurrying along in his wake.

Old Post May 19th, 2003 12:30 AM
thelotrlovr15 is currently offline Click here to Send thelotrlovr15 a Private Message Find more posts by thelotrlovr15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

www.theonering.net

Sadly, no Faramir available. Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Frodo, and Sam.

Old Post May 19th, 2003 02:47 AM
turin

i have heard that ROTK will be about 3 times as long as TTT. also for the FOTR game, that i agree kind of sucked, they are coming out with a game called treason of isengard which looks like they made drastic improvements on the game (hopefully)

Old Post May 21st, 2003 05:46 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Possibly. I wouldn't know, I don't check the gaming world as much as I used to.

Old Post May 21st, 2003 10:33 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

if ROTK will be 3 times the size of TTT, that would be great. the biggest flaw of TTT was its short length, and a long version would be awesome.

Old Post May 22nd, 2003 04:59 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

they have a preview for it on theonering.net as well as a preview for war of the ring, which will be like civilizations the game.

Old Post May 22nd, 2003 06:25 PM
REXXXX
Networking

A strategy game, then? Like Age of Mythology or Warcraft III? I like games like that.

Old Post May 23rd, 2003 04:08 AM