KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Stars & Celebrities » RIP Paul Walker

RIP Paul Walker
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_D_J
Bane

RIP Paul Walker

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12...lker-dies-at-40

quote:
Paul Walker has died in a car accident in Santa Clarita, California. The actor was 40.

A statement from his official Facebook page says Walker was attending a charity event when the accident happened. Both he and his friend who was driving lost their lives.

(please log in to view the image)

"It is with a truly heavy heart that we must confirm that Paul Walker passed away today in a tragic car accident while attending a charity event for his organization Reach Out Worldwide," the post reads. "He was a passenger in a friend's car, in which both lost their lives. We appreciate your patience as we too are stunned and saddened beyond belief by this news. Thank you for keeping his family and friends in your prayers during this very difficult time. We will do our best to keep you apprised on where to send condolences."

His official Twitter account also confirmed the news.

Since his rise to popularity in the late '90s, Walker appeared in a number of high profile Hollywood films, including Pleasantville, Varsity Blues and Flags of Our Fathers. But it is his role as Brian O'Connor in the Fast & the Furious for which he will be best remembered, having starred in a total of six films in Universal's high octane action franchise since 2001. Walker's death will inevitably leave a massive hole in any subsequent installments.

Universal has released this statement: "All of us at Universal are heartbroken. Paul was truly one of the most beloved and respected members of our studio family for 14 years, and this loss is devastating to us, to everyone involved with the FAST AND FURIOUS films, and to countless fans. We send our deepest and most sincere condolences to Paul's family."

Walker has a number of upcoming films on the release slate, including the suspense drama Hours, set to open later this month. Unfortunately, we will never see his anticipated interpretation of Agent 47 in the Hitman reboot, announced earlier this year.

Walker leaves behind a daughter, Meadow. He will be missed.

R.I.P. Paul Walker

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Dec 1st, 2013 04:33 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

(please log in to view the image)

What a horrible fate for the guy. On his way to charity event for others in need no less.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2013 05:30 AM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

Rip, a bad way to go for a guy always helping others in need. Some people still hanging on to it being a hoax. Its upsetting and completely unexpected.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2013 05:39 AM
TheDude666 is currently offline Click here to Send TheDude666 a Private Message Find more posts by TheDude666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

I usually don't give a damn about celebrities.
But this one actually hit me.

I saw the pics online, and it completely startled me.
May you rest in peace, Paul.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Dec 1st, 2013 01:49 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Oh, shit. That is really quite unexpected. I actually found him to be a rather likable actor. Terrible.

It is a somewhat fitting fate, though, considering the nature of his most successful films. Can't help but recognize that.

Very sad news, though. Damn. Shark Week will also miss him. He appeared on there some because he apparently studied marine biology or something.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2013 02:36 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

RIP.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2013 03:48 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

He was an auto-mechanic who got lucky and got into a dream role that he used charitably.

A life ended too soon. Rest in Peace.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2013 04:06 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

RIP.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2013 06:55 PM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

So many celebrities are desperate for attention, yet he never made a spectacle of himself and is by all accounts simple, grounded, likeable, and humble. Rest in peace Paul.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2013 10:55 PM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

He was a devoted marine-biologist and had a passion for cars and car racing(Not only was he Brian O'connor the undercover street racing badass, no, but also Paul Walker the Marine Biologist Car loving car racing badass)

Usually like someone else said, it usually when a Celebrity passes, it doesnt affect me, I dont know the person, Nor have they made any sort of impact on my life. But Paul is a different story, i remember when Fast and furious came out, when i was a young kid, around 6 then 2 fast 2 furious when i was about 8. I'd always remember the scenes from both films where Brian(Paul) drives out of the garage lot with a couple hundred other street racers towards the police who had them 'trapped'(obviously not) and the opening scenes where the bridge comes up and he jumps not only over the bridge, but over his opponent, and of course, the boat jump.
These scenes stuck with me my whole childhood, Id always pretend i was a street racer who was undercover(with friends, or else that would be weird)
Im not gonna sit here and say "he was my favourite actor ever" like some people are doing for attention, no he was more of, a hero or Idol to me, not Paul Walker himself, but the character he portrayed, but its still hit me like a sack of shit to my face because of a few reasons, how unexpected, tragic and gruesome he went, also the fact he was on his way to his own charity event to raise money, and the fact that his only daughter who had lived with her mother her whole life, moved in with him recently this year, because she wanted to actually get to know her father, he literally said in a quite(althought surreal) recent interview that they were getting on and everything is going really well.
I feel for his family, his daughter....Michelle Rodriguez & Tyrese Gibson, his other friends... Also, the guy who was driving, a very close friend of Paul's left behind a wife and a 8 year old son, which is tragic.

May god bless their souls, Ride in paradise boys, live fast, die young.

Also my new favourite quote "If one day, speed kills me. Do not cry because I was smiling"

Also, it would be nice if we could make a donation to Reach Out WorldWide, I am towards the end of the week.
Godbless.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2013 02:25 AM
TheDude666 is currently offline Click here to Send TheDude666 a Private Message Find more posts by TheDude666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CheshireMoon

RIP

Attachment: paul-walker-quote-speed-rip.jpg
This has been downloaded 70 time(s).

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2013 02:12 PM
CheshireMoon is currently offline Click here to Send CheshireMoon a Private Message Find more posts by CheshireMoon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
So many celebrities are desperate for attention, yet he never made a spectacle of himself and is by all accounts simple, grounded, likeable, and humble. Rest in peace Paul.

Truth. So sad to hear of this.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2013 01:54 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

What drax said, that actually made me shed a tear when I heard of the news, I myself, dont know about you guys, Instantly thought it was a hoax, because literally a day before he died there was a hoax going around of his death, his PR's came out saturday morning and released a statement saying he is 'alive and well'
But yeah, Ive knew what paul was all about before he died, his charity, his generosity, his dire need to help others, his determination and dedication to others and that he always put others before himself and treated everyone with respect, whether he knew them or not they were treated equally by him.
When a humble, down to earth and such a kind, heartwarming, caring and lovable guy, who doesnt crave attention from the masses, was rarely ever in the spotlight (bar the releasing of FF moviesj could ve taken away so gruesomely and so suddenly like that, its absolutely heartbreaking.
That has clicked something in me these past few days, from now on Im going to strive to be the best i can be, in all aspects of my life, to always push for something better, to make sure my actions benefit people in lesser circumstances than me, god im babbling, but we could all go at any given moment, given freak accident or natural causes, I dont want to leave this world before I have too, but if I do, I want to leave an impact on people, I want to be the guy that was alwayd there for a person with a helping hand, god im pretty emotional lately, still coming to terms that he's passed, god knows how his family anf friends are feeling, i cant even begin to Imagine it.
God puts people like Paul on this earth, so he can take them back before he needs to, because he is trying to teach us to repect and live peacefully, to be the best we can be, Paul always pushed to be the best he can be, we should too.

Godbless your souls Paul Walker and Roger Rodas forever remembered, never forgotten and always loved.

Sorry for rabbiting on, its just really gotten to me, and I need to vent it out somewhere or other.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2013 12:54 AM
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

I guess what I am trying to say is, when I go, I want to have that kind of Impact where people say ' I cant believe he is gone'

Old Post Dec 4th, 2013 01:04 AM
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

RIP

Old Post Dec 4th, 2013 03:13 AM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Man, I must be out of it b/c I've never heard of this guy. Then I checked his resume and never seen anything he's done, so maybe that's why. But RIP nonetheless.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2013 12:49 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

Your telling me you have never seen any of the Fast&Furious films? If not watch the first one or the sixth one. Also watch pawn shop chronicles, takers or the lazarus project, hes superb in all of these films.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2013 02:24 PM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

No, I haven't seen them. I think the only thing I know about them is that Vin Diesel is in them and there are a billion sequels. Maybe I'll check out Part 1 or 6, as you recommend.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2013 04:44 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KMMT82

RIP

Old Post Dec 4th, 2013 09:31 PM
KMMT82 is currently offline Click here to Send KMMT82 a Private Message Find more posts by KMMT82 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

Yeah, Vin is in it, so is paul, Tyrese gibson, Michelle rodriguez, Ludacris, Jordanna Brewster, Jason Statham is in number 7(upcoming one) and the rock.

If you want to get a feel for his work I'd suggest, The Lazarus Project, Takers, Pawn Shop Chronicles, Into The Blue & timeline.
He has quite a few upcoming films also.
He gave over 2.5 million dollars to charity too.
Just heard the Autopsy results aswell, wow, I was hoping he would of died on impact, but he died from a combination of thermal and trauma injuries and roger died on impact....rip

Old Post Dec 4th, 2013 11:49 PM