KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » X-Men: Apocalypse

X-Men: Apocalypse
Started by: rox

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (52): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
rox

X-Men: Age of Apocalypse

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/12/...pocalypse-2016/

Image Credit: Marvel Comics Bryan Singer’s X-Men reunion-sequel Days of Future Past doesn’t open until May 23, 2014. But the director has already staked out a release date for his next X-Men movie. Singer’s Twitter account has been active throughout the past year with updates from the set of Future Past, but this morning, he stepped up his pitchman game with this cryptic tweet:

Two words and a year: Not much to go on, unless you’re a big dumb cool nerd who knows that Apocalypse is one of the X-Men’s greatest enemies. If you were that kind of big dumb cool nerd, your head probably exploded when you read that

Some context, as you rearrange bits of brain matter inside your taped-together skull: EW has confirmed with X-studio 20th Century Fox that a film titled X-Men: Apocalypse will open in wide release on May 27, 2016. That’s all the information we have about the movie now. It’s unclear whether Apocalypse will star the First Class X-Men or the Original-Trilogy X-Men, although easy money says they won’t let go of Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence without a fight. Also, they haven’t officially stated that Hugh Jackman will be in the movie. So let’s all assume Hugh Jackman will be in the

Apocalypse is one of the most fascinating supervillains in the X-Men mythos, although his history is tangled and occasionally inscrutable. The short version: He’s the world’s first mutant. Essentially immortal, he was born thousands of years ago, and in his travels around the world, he transformed himself into a superpowered cyborg using alien technology. He has a wide assortment of powers: Telepathy, telekinesis, molecular manipulation (cooler than it sounds), technopathy (less cool than it sounds.) He wants to conquer the world. And eventually, he does: In one of several Really Bad Futures that haunt the X-Men, Apocalypse conquers the planet and rules for a couple thousand years. Solid part for Daniel Day-Lewis, is what I’m getting at

The most famous Apocalypse-centric story is the mid-90s arc Age of the Apocalypse, which took place entirely in an alternate reality where all the X-Men had cool new costumes. Given that Days of Future Past is already taking the X-franchise into the confusing realm of time travel, it seems unlikely that they would follow up so quickly with an alternate-reality movie. But honestly, the continuity in the X-movies is already confusing. Maybe Singer just threw up his arms and said “Whatever guys, let’s get to one-handed Wolverine and Fabio Cyclops already!” More likely, X-Men: Apocalypse will see Magneto and Professor X unite against Apocalypse, who’s so crazy he makes Magneto look like a pacifist. There’s also the possibility that the movie will advance the First Class continuity forward into the ’80s, meaning Jennifer Lawrence could inadvertently make legwarmers a thing again.

So, mark your calendars. The film is opening the same day as Alice in Wonderland 2, which means you now have another good reason not to see Alice

Last edited by Impediment on Sep 23rd, 2014 at 01:09 PM

Old Post Dec 6th, 2013 02:18 AM
rox is currently offline Click here to Send rox a Private Message Find more posts by rox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rox

As i said in my other post bet dofp will end with this story replacing last stand and thats how cyke and jean come back

Old Post Dec 6th, 2013 03:47 AM
rox is currently offline Click here to Send rox a Private Message Find more posts by rox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

My mind just blew up

Old Post Dec 6th, 2013 03:53 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by rox
As i said in my other post bet dofp will end with this story replacing last stand and thats how cyke and jean come back

We may have witnessed professor X coming back, but Cyke still remains to be seen. Regardless, I don't expect anything climactic to happen between Cyclops and Apocalypse like in the comics since it's Singer we're talking about. And that's assuming Scott will even be in the film unlike his glaring omission in First Class.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2013 04:08 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rox

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
We may have witnessed professor X coming back, but Cyke still remains to be seen. Regardless, I don't expect anything climactic to happen between Cyclops and Apocalypse like in the comics since it's Singer we're talking about. And that's assuming Scott will even be in the film unlike his glaring omission in First Class.

But in order to do a proper aoa story or a basic apocalypse orgin you cant do it without cyke since cables involved with him. But cant wait for EN SABAH NUR to make his debut and beat some ***

Old Post Dec 6th, 2013 04:35 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Cyclops was also a major part of the whole Phoenix storyline, and look how badly they executed that in X3 The Last Stand. They could very well **** it up again with Cyke far as his involvement in this AoA setting or whatever. Singer dislikes Cyclops on a personal level too from what I had heard repeatedly.

But other than that yeah. Can't wait to see Poccy in action. Hope they showcase his origins some in ancient Egypt (via flashback at the beginning of the film or something) before he got the celestial tech, but I reckon movie Apocalypse will probably be shrouded in mystery far as those kind of details.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2013 04:55 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

perhaps [SPOILER - highlight to read]: this is where Cable is introduced

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 6th, 2013 05:05 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rox

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

I hope

Old Post Dec 6th, 2013 05:31 AM
Darth Thor

Cable will be [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the old Wolverine(Jackman) from the future . Yeah I'm calling it.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2013 09:10 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Dammit, stop reminding me of that.

Well regardless, with how Logan did against Phoenix in X3, I reckon they'll wank him further by making his claws able to cut through Apocalypse's celestial armor even though he was shown unable to do that before IIRC.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2013 01:01 PM
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

I'm thinking the same thing. They did mentioned a possible X-Force spin off so this would be the perfect time to introduce the character.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2013 01:05 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rox

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Cable will be [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the old Wolverine(Jackman) from the future . Yeah I'm calling it.

I hope they dont bastardise cable like that. I would rather them make him a random new histroy than make him old wolvie.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2013 04:38 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

With the amount of Wolverine cocksucking (especially in the movies) it's not out of the realm of possibility though. In fact it's rather likely if anything.

So who do y'all think will actually play Apocalypse in the movie? Am sure there will be a bunch of CG involved with him in the movie, but I hope whoever does him has a good deep voice.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 01:48 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
With the amount of Wolverine cocksucking (especially in the movies) it's not out of the realm of possibility though. In fact it's rather likely if anything.

Plus they'll think it's the perfect way to keep having Jackman around without worrying about him aging. You just know they're gonna do it. We might as well accept it now. As well as accepting that Cyclops will never be portrayed well until X-Men is rebooted, which probably won't be happening this decade.

We should just try and enjoy the movies for anything else good they can bring to it. Fingers crossed for an awesome battle between the X-Men and Apoc!

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 02:06 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

After-Credits Scene Revealed for Days of Future Past?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...s/news/?a=91102

if that's actually true, i don't like it....merging with Magneto erm

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 02:09 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Yeah, don't buy it.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: At least it's not Wolverine.

stick out tongue

Last edited by ares834 on Dec 7th, 2013 at 02:32 AM

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 02:27 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Plus they'll think it's the perfect way to keep having Jackman around without worrying about him aging. You just know they're gonna do it. We might as well accept it now. As well as accepting that Cyclops will never be portrayed well until X-Men is rebooted, which probably won't be happening this decade.

We should just try and enjoy the movies for anything else good they can bring to it. Fingers crossed for an awesome battle between the X-Men and Apoc!

Aye. May not like it (nothing against Jackman as an actor), but I already have come to accept it at this point, so yeah.

thumb up
As I said when I edited my last post, who do you think will play Apocalypse? Am sure whoever does will be mostly involved with the voice, since the celestial armor and stuff for Apoc would be CG.

Originally posted by Kazenji
After-Credits Scene Revealed for Days of Future Past?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...s/news/?a=91102

if that's actually true, i don't like it....merging with Magneto erm

Not sure what to think of that yet if it's really the case... If it creates a cool fused being like Onslaught (Xavier + Magneto), chances are I'd like the result that comes from a Magneto and Apocalypse fusion, but on the other hand... I'd be disappointed that I wouldn't get to see a Magneto vs Apoc fight in live action.

Plus too, if the fused character mostly uses Magneto's powers, then Apocalypse himself may as well have not been in the film. I hope there's at least a decent plot reason or something for them merging (assuming again this is what will really happen in the film). Maybe it has to do with something based off The Twelve arc (when Apocalypse and Cyclops were temporarily merged by accident) ? I dunno.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 02:29 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Ok I haven't really been paying too much to the X-Men franchise so I'm a bit confused...

Is there 2 Xmen movies coming out/in production?

X4 & the sequel to 1st Class????

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 03:42 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

No.

There is Days of Future Past. It is a "sequel" to X3/The Wolverine but they send Wolverine back in time so it is also serves as a sequel to First Class.

They are also developing an X-Force film and an Apocalypse film but where these two fall in the timeline aren't really known.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 03:56 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by ares834
No.

There is Days of Future Past. It is a "sequel" to X3/The Wolverine but they send Wolverine back in time so it is also serves as a sequel to First Class.

So this movie will dominantly feature the younger cast from 1st Class with cameos of Jackman, Picard & McKellen?

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 04:22 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote