KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » X-Men: Apocalypse

X-Men: Apocalypse
Started by: rox

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (52): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i'm hoping a no name actor so young scott can be his break out role
Omg when did you become an expert on the xmen ?

Old Post May 27th, 2014 05:33 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Cry more about Cyclops. He can't hold a show down or sell movies.

You really do make me do this-

Old Post May 27th, 2014 08:09 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i'm hoping a no name actor so young scott can be his break out role

No you don't want that. You know what Fox is like with Cyclops. If they don't cast someone at least semi-famous/popular then he'll just be a cameo again. And not even an exciting cameo.

Remember he's still going to take a back seat to Xavier, Magneto, Wolverine and Mystique. And they're also going to be more bothered about giving Quicksilver more screen time than Cyclops now due to his popularity in this movie.

So then we're left with Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Nightcrawler and Gambit. Gambit has someone well known playing him, so if you want more Cyclops than Gambit you will have to hope it's someone more famous playing Cyk.

Tbh now that I've written all that I don't think there's really any point bringing Cyclops into this, because he won't get the role he deserves. The only saving grace for Cyclops at this point would be some kind of X-Men spin off team where he's in the top 2-3 main characters and preferably takes charge of the team.

Old Post May 27th, 2014 10:50 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rox

For young scott i recommend liam hemsworth or zac efron.

To do a true wolvie after hugh jackman retires the role i suggest jake gyllenhal.

Old Post May 27th, 2014 12:03 PM
rox is currently offline Click here to Send rox a Private Message Find more posts by rox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TH3_V01D

Originally posted by rox

Oh god, no, those actors are Disney type of casting.

I would like a unknown actor, Fass was mostly a secondary actor before, now just look at him.

Old Post May 27th, 2014 03:49 PM
TH3_V01D is currently offline Click here to Send TH3_V01D a Private Message Find more posts by TH3_V01D Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by ares834
That's because Logan is practically immortal due to his healing factor. He is well over 100 years old during the movies.

He was born in 1832 so he is closer to 200 than 100. smile (I'm agreeing with you...he's really hold)

Originally posted by -Pr-
Doesn't matter. He's the leader of the ****ing X-Men, and has been arguably the main character in more big arcs than anyone else.

He's part of the foundations of the X-Men lore, and like him or not, he hasn't been represented properly in the movies, or to an extent befitting his role within the lore.

thumb up

Last edited by dadudemon on May 27th, 2014 at 04:25 PM

Old Post May 27th, 2014 04:22 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rox

Originally posted by TH3_V01D

I would like a unknown actor, Fass was mostly a secondary actor before, now just look at him.

Have you seen there lastest movies. Non disney whatsoever

Old Post May 27th, 2014 06:17 PM
rox is currently offline Click here to Send rox a Private Message Find more posts by rox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

The only way Fox will give Cyclops a decent role in the next film is if they cast someone well known and popular. Otherwise he's just going to get side stepped again.

Old Post May 27th, 2014 06:34 PM
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

Originally posted by rox

To do a true wolvie after hugh jackman retires the role i suggest jake gyllenhal.

I think Hunter Parrish from Weeds would make a good young Scott, he's a bit short though.

Old Post May 27th, 2014 06:34 PM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
No you don't want that. You know what Fox is like with Cyclops. If they don't cast someone at least semi-famous/popular then he'll just be a cameo again. And not even an exciting cameo.

Remember he's still going to take a back seat to Xavier, Magneto, Wolverine and Mystique. And they're also going to be more bothered about giving Quicksilver more screen time than Cyclops now due to his popularity in this movie.

So then we're left with Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Nightcrawler and Gambit. Gambit has someone well known playing him, so if you want more Cyclops than Gambit you will have to hope it's someone more famous playing Cyk.

Tbh now that I've written all that I don't think there's really any point bringing Cyclops into this, because he won't get the role he deserves. The only saving grace for Cyclops at this point would be some kind of X-Men spin off team where he's in the top 2-3 main characters and preferably takes charge of the team.

true

Originally posted by rox

liam s^cks and efron might be Namor

jake can't act besides whoever takes over the role of Logan I think might someone in his late 20's to early 30's with decent acting experience..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 27th, 2014 07:09 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

You really do make me do this-

Can he hold a show down? He does not have the character to do so. He's a weak leader.

Old Post May 27th, 2014 07:18 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Can he hold a show down? He does not have the character to do so. He's a weak leader.

Cyclops is the Quintessential leader. And you can have Awesome action sequences with his powers too. Problem is you wouldn't know that if you mainly know him from the films.

But basically if he's not a bankable character on the big screen atm then it's because they haven't TRIED to make him bankable. In fact in the first 3 films Wolverine was the only bankable character because he was the only character they even attempted to make popular. They really didn't give anyone else a chance. There was Nightcrawler in X2 who stood out but then he disappeared for the third one.

Old Post May 27th, 2014 09:48 PM
TH3_V01D

I wouldnt say he is a weak leader, he is just not popular as Wolverine the ''bad boy''.

Old Post May 27th, 2014 09:48 PM
TH3_V01D is currently offline Click here to Send TH3_V01D a Private Message Find more posts by TH3_V01D Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I wouldnt say he is a weak leader, he is just not popular as Wolverine the ''bad boy''.

Wolverine's the most popular because the whole of the first 3 movies were dedicated to making him the most popular character.

Old Post May 27th, 2014 09:54 PM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cyclops is the Quintessential leader. And you can have Awesome action sequences with his powers too. Problem is you wouldn't know that if you mainly know him from the films.

But basically if he's not a bankable character on the big screen atm then it's because they haven't TRIED to make him bankable. In fact in the first 3 films Wolverine was the only bankable character because he was the only character they even attempted to make popular. They really didn't give anyone else a chance. There was Nightcrawler in X2 who stood out but then he disappeared for the third one.

I think the problem is the actor honestly, James Marsden doesn't command presence like Michael Fassbender. If they used a better actor, I think it would work.

Old Post May 27th, 2014 09:54 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TH3_V01D

Wolverine's the most popular because the whole of the first 3 movies were dedicated to making him the most popular character.

Errrr, his popularity was already there much before the movies, i remember in the 90s cartoon how all my buddies were crazy about Logan.

Old Post May 27th, 2014 10:02 PM
wakkawakkawakka

I know you guys have been talking about who should play a young Cyclops but I'm more concerned with who's going to be playing Apocalypse and whether or not Singer is going to give him his proper due.

wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I think the problem is the actor honestly, James Marsden doesn't command presence like Michael Fassbender. If they used a better actor, I think it would work.

Actually I've recently seen some of James Marsden's other work. He's in a few kids films, and romcoms. And he's actually a really good actor, which just shows it was the role he was given in X-Men. They made Cyclops really whiny and wimpy, the complete opposite of what he is.

But I see your point, an actor with a more commanding presence would have suited Cyclops much better. But of course so would a better role for him in the script.

Darth Thor

Errrr, his popularity was already there much before the movies, i remember in the 90s cartoon how all my buddies were crazy about Logan.

Viewers of cartoons and readers of comics are not your general audience. Most your GA didn't even know who the X-Men were before the first X-Men movie.

Old Post May 27th, 2014 10:04 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Eh, Wolverine is always going to be the cool one; the popular one.

Not everyone gets to be the cool guy, but that doesn't lessen their importance to the team. You think Wolverine would have had as many good X-Men arcs if he didn't have Cyclops to play off of, and vice versa?

Cyclops isn't the popular one. He never will be; but that doesn't make him any less important to the team. He's, imo, a well-written, deep character, and people can appreciate that if given the chance.

While Wolverine is the one doing the cool shit, Cyclops is the one making sure Professor X's mission gets taken care of, and that everyone comes home alive.

Every Raphael needs a Leonardo, and vice versa.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 27th, 2014 10:14 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote