KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Deathbattle disagreements

Deathbattle disagreements
Started by: sacred108

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (38): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by God Cloth Seiya
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The battle did indeed suck but I agree with the winner

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Their reasoning was sound. The fight itself was just incredibly half-assed, and it stunk of appeasement because of it. In that sense, I knew from the start that it was doomed for failure.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 03:13 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
God Cloth Seiya

Originally posted by Sacred 117
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Their reasoning was sound. The fight itself was just incredibly half-assed, and it stunk of appeasement because of it. In that sense, I knew from the start that it was doomed for failure.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: especially the way ite ended, that was stupid

sad

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 03:17 AM
God Cloth Seiya is currently offline Click here to Send God Cloth Seiya a Private Message Find more posts by God Cloth Seiya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Originally posted by God Cloth Seiya
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: especially the way ite ended, that was stupid

sad

That's kinda my point.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 03:18 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Death battle is cool in production and concept but suck complete a** on research. A general look at Cap's last solo should have made this a spite thread not to mention they thought Cap maxed out at 1100 lbs when he has feats of far more.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 04:36 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

I just finished watching the most recent Death Battle

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I'm kinda bummed I already called the winner going in, not because I agree but cause I knew there was no way they were gonna make Bats lose TWICE, especially to someone from Marvel again lol. I guess they're gonna be bringing people back to fight again but I'll be shocked when they bring a loser back and they don't actually win the new fight lol.

On another note, I wish they would do Unicron vs Galactus already >_>. I also would rather they picked the God Gundam or even the Devil Gundam for the next fight...but I'm just bias cause I love Domon Kasshu and Master Asia lol.

Last edited by Yamcha on Sep 10th, 2014 at 05:29 AM

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 05:20 AM
Yamcha is currently offline Click here to Send Yamcha a Private Message Find more posts by Yamcha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

-Edit-

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 05:27 AM
Yamcha is currently offline Click here to Send Yamcha a Private Message Find more posts by Yamcha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stanor

Ryu vs strider
Cloud vs Link
A couple others to.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 03:47 PM
Stanor is currently offline Click here to Send Stanor a Private Message Find more posts by Stanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Originally posted by Stanor
Cloud vs Link

Naw, nyiga.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 03:58 PM
Stanor

Naw, nyiga.
I'm bias on that one.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 04:40 PM
Stanor is currently offline Click here to Send Stanor a Private Message Find more posts by Stanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

They should do Spider-man vs Inu Yasha

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 05:04 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by Stanor
I'm bias on that one.

Hey, man, me too.

For the record, I think [SPOILER - highlight to read]: they got Batman v.s. Cap right. Their reasoning was stupid, but I do agree Batman would win.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 05:21 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

They've been seeming to be preparing for a Pokemon vs Digimon battle but I don't think they know how fast it becomes unfair...they were asking on their FB page about like WARGREYMON vs Charizard...I was like sheesh I've seen Charizard go through enough abuse cut him some slack lol.

People in the comments brought up Lucario vs Renamon, it wasn't even a DB suggestion but took a landslide of the votes and I suppose that's about the most equal one we're gonna get.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 05:34 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I can't remember anything about Digimon. Except who Renamon is, but that's hardly my own fault.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 05:35 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stanor

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Hey, man, me too.

For the record, I think [SPOILER - highlight to read]: they got Batman v.s. Cap right. Their reasoning was stupid, but I do agree Batman would win.
I agree.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 05:39 PM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Originally posted by Yamcha
They've been seeming to be preparing for a Pokemon vs Digimon battle but I don't think they know how fast it becomes unfair...they were asking on their FB page about like WARGREYMON vs Charizard...I was like sheesh I've seen Charizard go through enough abuse cut him some slack lol.

People in the comments brought up Lucario vs Renamon, it wasn't even a DB suggestion but took a landslide of the votes and I suppose that's about the most equal one we're gonna get.

http://www.screwattack.com/news/dea...ario-vs-renamon

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 06:15 PM
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

That was actually a good read, pretty impressed with the stat work for Lucario. I'm just torn on if he could overcome Kyubimon, also factoring in she packs some fire type attacks and that to his Steel typing could be messy.

Then again it's been ages since I watched that Lucario movie or that Digimon series, so I'm willing to admit I'm probably forgetting quite a few things for both sides lol.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 12:00 AM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

That was actually a good read, pretty impressed with the stat work for Lucario. I'm just torn on if he could overcome Kyubimon, also factoring in she packs some fire type attacks and that to his Steel typing could be messy.

Then again it's been ages since I watched that Lucario movie or that Digimon series, so I'm willing to admit I'm probably forgetting quite a few things for both sides lol.

I think the analysis was actually pretty solid, and given the circumstances, I agree with the verdict.

I've never actually seen the movie (Was it any good?), but, as elaborated on, Renamon will likely suffer more from trainer withdrawal than Lucario (since Aaron's dead and all). Hell, I don't even remember Renamon being able to Kyubimon.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 12:22 AM
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

I think the analysis was actually pretty solid, and given the circumstances, I agree with the verdict.

I've never actually seen the movie (Was it any good?), but, as elaborated on, Renamon will likely suffer more from trainer withdrawal than Lucario (since Aaron's dead and all). Hell, I don't even remember Renamon being able to Kyubimon.
I'm inclined to agree too cause this isn't any ordinary Lucario but Aarons and he trained that thing to a whole other level entirely and it was during a time not about Pokemon battles but war, like Lucario's aura ability let's him see all over the place kinda like the Byakugan from Naruto, an I liked it I mean from that movie alone Sir Aaron became one of my favorite people in the pokeverse xD.

Agreed heavily on the trainer thing cause that's one of the reasons why Pikachu lost his battle (ignoring the fact his opponent was a lightning sponge lol) where as Lucario doesn't suffer from that drawback. Yeah that's something I was up in the air about, I had no idea she could digivolve without a trainer lol.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 01:55 AM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

I'm inclined to agree too cause this isn't any ordinary Lucario but Aarons and he trained that thing to a whole other level entirely and it was during a time not about Pokemon battles but war, like Lucario's aura ability let's him see all over the place kinda like the Byakugan from Naruto, an I liked it I mean from that movie alone Sir Aaron became one of my favorite people in the pokeverse xD.

Agreed heavily on the trainer thing cause that's one of the reasons why Pikachu lost his battle (ignoring the fact his opponent was a lightning sponge lol) where as Lucario doesn't suffer from that drawback. Yeah that's something I was up in the air about, I had no idea she could digivolve without a trainer lol.

So, I take it the movie is worth seeing? And yeah, warriors>>>>glorified cockfighters.

I didn't know that either. That's why it strikes me as odd.

I'm not even going to bring up Pika vs. Blanka. "Let's assume he tanks electricity despite him being put to sleep by a stun baton in the comics! "

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 02:32 AM
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

So, I take it the movie is worth seeing? And yeah, warriors>>>>glorified cockfighters.

I didn't know that either. That's why it strikes me as odd.

I'm not even going to bring up Pika vs. Blanka. "Let's assume he tanks electricity despite him being put to sleep by a stun baton in the comics! "
I mean I'd recommend it if you like the old pokemon movies cause it gave me the same feeling those movies did, that weird comforting vibe lol. An I mean as an extra plus it was before they changed all the voice actors (The decision to change the original VA's behind their back just to save money, still irks me to this day. I'll take that grudge with me to the grave lol), it's also pretty cool getting to see what a pokemon war would look like..I actually just rewatched the film on Youtube before replying to this to make sure I'm not just going off memory alone but yeah I enjoyed it!

Lmao we definitely agree on that one xD

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 05:12 AM