KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Deathbattle disagreements

Deathbattle disagreements
Started by: sacred108

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (38): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Based
iPinoy

Batman vs Captain America literally gave me cancer.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 03:50 AM
Based is currently offline Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stanor

I agree with the winner but the video sucked.

I'm excited for the next one though.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 04:21 AM
Stanor is currently offline Click here to Send Stanor a Private Message Find more posts by Stanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

Without PIS, Batman ain't beating Cap.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 04:41 PM
Based is currently offline Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stanor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Based
Without PIS, Batman ain't beating Cap.
He can actually. Cap is above Bruce in physical stats . However, tactics, gear, and H2H skills go to bruce.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 04:49 PM
Stanor is currently offline Click here to Send Stanor a Private Message Find more posts by Stanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

Batman has a negligible lead at best in H2H and tactical skills, it can go either way. I'll give you gear because he has so much random shit but Cap still has his shield so it's not like Rogers has nothing either.

They're around equal in all the intangible qualities. They are not close to being equal in physical stats.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 04:54 PM
Stanor

Batman has a negligible lead at best in H2H and tactical skills, it can go either way. I'll give you gear because he has so much random shit but Cap still has his shield so it's not like Rogers has nothing either.

They're around equal in all the intangible qualities. They are not close to being equal in physical stats.
Batman benched 1000 pounds and leg pressed 2500 pounds. They are not as far off as you claim. Not only that but cap Throws his shield a lot. With gas, electric gloves, that bomb glue and all other kinds of shit it would overwhelm cap.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 05:04 PM
Risthzied
Restricted

Account Restricted

Batman has a considerable lead in martial arts ability and is planets above Cap in tactical skill and yes, we can compare feats if you want. The only time Cap's tactical ability is note worthy is when he's leading teams and even that case, guys like Nighting and Cyclops are his superior. Even Cyclops embarrassed Cap in Avengers vs Xmen.

If you think they aren't close in physical stats then chances are that you don't read anything with Batman in it.

The basic argument that Cap fans use in Cap vs Batman is using Cap's highest showings, saying that DC only classifies Batman as peak human (which they really don't tbh since they don't classify strength like Marvel does) and dismissing anything Batman does as PIS because they dislike it. Typical

Last edited by Risthzied on Sep 20th, 2014 at 07:48 PM

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 07:38 PM
Risthzied is currently offline Click here to Send Risthzied a Private Message Find more posts by Risthzied Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Risthzied
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Stanor
Batman benched 1000 pounds and leg pressed 2500 pounds. They are not as far off as you claim. Not only that but cap Throws his shield a lot. With gas, electric gloves, that bomb glue and all other kinds of shit it would overwhelm cap.
Actually Batman's bench press was over 1000 lbs, there were additional weights behind the numbered weights. Although I think the weights stated 300, that would still be 1400 lbs +. Of course i do think Cap is stronger still.

Also that leg press I believe is non canon. Still for Batman to jump 20+ feet with 100lbs of armor on is pretty damn amazing.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 07:45 PM
Risthzied is currently offline Click here to Send Risthzied a Private Message Find more posts by Risthzied Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

Absolutely LOVED this Death Battle, MUCH more than I expected! The ending had me grinning from ear to ear I even watched it multiple times, I dare say I liked it more than Shadow vs Vegeta xD.

The next fight though no expression.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2014 06:03 AM
Yamcha is currently offline Click here to Send Yamcha a Private Message Find more posts by Yamcha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

It was just amazing. The starting scenario was brutal, though. Poor thing.

*shrugs* I think they feel that SF and MK are the go-to fighting 'verses.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 12:23 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I knew how was going to win when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Zechs' waifu was slain. It's like, he can't ****ing lose at that point.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 12:40 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: "I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE!"

"What? He didn't explode!?" "Well this defies all logic!"

The dialogue was just so good this battle. Dislike the VA for Zechs, though.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 12:45 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

"Gundammit!" This fight was so f**king raw!

Agreed with Scream on: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Waifu bloodrage. There's just no way in Hell to compete with that.

Agreed with Xan on: 1. Yeah. I'm already getting kinda sick of SFvMK fights already. The competence gap is so heavy it shouldn't even be worth mentioning. 2. Damn right it was big grin, and yeah, Zech's VA was pretty trashy. He worked humorously, but otherwise, no. In fact, their sound design may have taken a small step down in quality altogether. (Seriously, notice the clipping?)

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 01:56 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I knew how was going to win when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Zechs' waifu was slain. It's like, he can't ****ing lose at that point.

Yeeep. Gives one plot armormotivation like no other.

For the next battle, I guess the question is whether they'll surprise us by being questionably wrong like they were on Bison vs Shao Kahn, not that I mind Scorpion being wanked every now and then. stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 03:41 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

Whelp, time to add another DB to the disagreement list no expression.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2014 08:03 PM
Yamcha is currently offline Click here to Send Yamcha a Private Message Find more posts by Yamcha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I'm not against Scorpion winning but I am against how it was executed. Taking Ryu's hadoken at it's most powerful and shrugging it off? Since when did he ever get hit with a building busting move and survived? I know the NetherRealm makes Scorpion stronger the longer he stays there but without official clarification of how much, that was just pure ass pull. If the ninja teleported when the hadoken fired, did a combo from behind and threw Ryu in the lava for a stage fatality, that would have been more believable.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Nov 2nd, 2014 at 03:41 AM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2014 03:39 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by Yamcha
Whelp, time to add another DB to the disagreement list no expression.

Eyup.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2014 03:43 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

It's weird how anal they were about statting out every single attribute Superman and Goku possessed, but they refuse to do the same with other fights, lol.

Ryu would crush Scorpion in a fight.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2014 04:13 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Agreed with all of the above.

They had no-limits out the ass.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2014 04:24 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Oooh yeah. I like Scorpion more and all but him tanking that fullpower hadouken was just straight-up bullshit, among other things. Scorpion's also lost against lesser foes even while his hellspawn powers were amped by the Netherrealm, which they didn't seem to take into account.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Nov 2nd, 2014 at 06:17 AM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2014 06:12 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote