KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » JJ Abrams ruined Star Trek and will ruine Star wars

JJ Abrams ruined Star Trek and will ruine Star wars
Started by: MrLostsoul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Rec rooms don't count.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2014 02:42 AM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
That awkward moment when you sit back and realize you double-posted within your 15 minute edit window.

I lol'd though.

I'm such a rebel.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2014 03:28 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
JJ made the Trek franchise reputable again. Give me this universe any day over the prime universe.

We're all aware of how you prefer sparky lights and lens flare over political and social themes.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2014 03:30 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Rewatching TNG, Trek really is a good platform for both, and made use of it. As did the TOS. I don't recall much of DS9 and Voyager, since I haven't seen either since their original airing.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2014 04:14 AM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Can't say I agree. Prime universe has so much more content and history. While the new ST rejuvenates the series and has the potential to go in new exciting directions, it also has the danger of retreading old ground with potentially less grace. Plus I don't remember any holodecks in the films, so automatically the era is inferior.
You can have your prime universe while I enjoy the Nu Trek universe more so than anyone else on this board. Absolutely.

Old Post May 20th, 2014 03:41 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by jaden101
We're all aware of how you prefer sparky lights and lens flare over political and social themes.
That isn't what the new series is about. You can pretend and downplay the newer movies out of disgust but it's more successful than its ever been. Shatner himself agrees. Trek is actually watchable nowadays IMO. Bless Abrams. Bless his heart. Now bring on Star Wars.

Old Post May 20th, 2014 03:43 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Don't bump threads just to be petty.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 20th, 2014 04:40 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by quanchi112
Shatner himself agrees.

You even seen Shatner in an interview in recent years? The guy is a crazy old man. He's a horrible source for your propaganda.

Last edited by Darth Thor on May 20th, 2014 at 04:41 PM

Old Post May 20th, 2014 04:39 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
You even seen Shatner in an interview in recent years? The guy is a crazy old man. He's a horrible source for your propaganda.
I cited a website and an interview for him. Two sources. The guy isn't crazy IMO. He makes valid points and was there for the entire original generation.

Old Post May 20th, 2014 08:24 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Why wouldn't Shatner like the new movies? They're good, and they help Star Trek.

He'd be crazy not to.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 21st, 2014 02:13 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by -Pr-
Why wouldn't Shatner like the new movies? They're good, and they help Star Trek.

He'd be crazy not to.
He said they were more successful than the older ones. I concur.

Old Post May 21st, 2014 03:50 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

They made a shitload of money yes, by appealing to a wider market. Dont see the problem.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 21st, 2014 02:25 PM
HulkIsHulk

Re: JJ Abrams ruined Star Trek and will ruine Star wars

Originally posted by MrLostsoul
What happen to fan loyalty. Star trek and Star Wars have the most hardcore fans.

Fu*k Star Trek fans and Star Wars fans

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 07:11 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote