KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Supernova goes off, what happens?

Supernova goes off, what happens?
Started by: Rao Kal El

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Warlord
Yes, I am...

I don’t care what the art depicts. The writer makes it crystal damn clear that Supes was only partially affected by the bomb.
The full blast would have incinerated him. There’s no shame on that. Who the hell survives 50 x supernova.
In any case everyone but Juhnny could potentially either survive or die depending on the writer’s intentions

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 02:21 PM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
The shockwave hit him and threw him back. The "explosion" was the radiation behind it. He tanked the shockwave and got the shit out of the way of the explosion.
thumb up That is exactly what happened. The electromagnetic shockwave hit Supes, which threw him back. The radiation from the blast(which came after the shockwave) is what he avoided at all costs, as it would have incinerated him. Point: it's borderline retarded for anyone to act like Supes 'tanked' a 50x supernova across the board, when he merely endured the least dangerous portion of it, and fled from the rest of it. You can't just endure *part* of a blast's totality and say you tanked it across the board. That is phucking idiotic.

Say a nuke went off miles from my house and I was far enough away to only be pushed to the ground by the remainder of the detonation's initial shockwave... If I then proceeded to get up, hop in my Jeep, and drive the opposite direction from the blast's epicenter before any of the heat or radiation from it ever touched me... Does that mean I 'tanked' a nuke? Phuck. No.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 13th, 2013 at 03:08 PM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 02:59 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

I believe in you though. I'm sure you can tank a nuke

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 03:02 PM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 03:04 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Yeah but if you survived the shock wave of one nuke is not the same as surviving the shock wave of 50 nukes wink

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 03:07 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Being human is not the same as being Superman. wink

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 03:09 PM
carver9

Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up That is exactly what happened. The electromagnetic shockwave hit Supes, which threw him back. The radiation from the blast(which came after the shockwave) is what he avoided at all costs, as it would have incinerated him. Point: it's borderline retarded for anyone to act like Supes 'tanked' a 50x supernova across the board, when he merely endured the least dangerous portion of it, and fled from the rest of it. You can't just endure *part* of a blast's totality and say you tanked it across the board. That is phucking idiotic.

Say a nuke went off miles from my house and I was far enough away to only be pushed to the ground by the remainder of the detonation's initial shockwave... If I then proceeded to get up, hop in my Jeep, and drive the opposite direction from the blast's epicenter before any of the heat or radiation from it ever touched me... Does that mean I 'tanked' a nuke? Phuck. No.

thumb up

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 03:20 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by abhilegend

The shockwaves never hit him. The blast did though.

http://i.imgur.com/K9bIf4K.jpg

He was at the center of the blast and it blasted him away.

Your own scan depicts the shockwave hitting him. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 03:32 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Being human is not the same as being Superman. wink

Now lets change shock wave for ELECTRO-MAGNETIC shock waves and a nuke for 50 SUPER novas stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 03:36 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Change anything you'd like if it makes you feel better. It doesn't change the fact that Superman did not tank the blast in its totality. Not even close.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 03:46 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

A weakened Superman, whose power was drained each second, tanked the Explosion of a 50x Supernova but not all of it's effects. An impressive überfeat, the intention of the writer was clear. The radiation was the most dangerous for him, because he was already poisoned.

Anyway, it's simply retarded to lowball this feat.^^

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 03:57 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Change anything you'd like if it makes you feel better. It doesn't change the fact that Superman did not tank the blast in its totality. Not even close.

Is still a pretty good feat, even if We only say that He with stand the electro-magnetic shock wave of an explosion equivalent to 50 SUPER novas. ONLY that makes it pretty ubber. + He was not at peak. IMO smile

Last edited by Rao Kal El on Dec 13th, 2013 at 04:07 PM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 04:02 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Is still a pretty good feat, even if We only say that He with stand the electro-magnetic shock wave of an explosion equivalent to 50 SUPER novas. ONLY that makes it pretty ubber. + He was not at peak. IMO smile
Never said the feat wasn't impressive. What I said is that he clearly did not tank a 50x supernova in its totality(not even close.) He simply endured the initial electromagnetic shockwave it generated, and fled from the rest of the blast.

thumb up

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 04:15 PM
Cogito

Indeed. It specifically said what would happen if the actual blast hit him. Not sure how you can argue against that.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 04:18 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
i doubt our sun is that big. its exagerrated
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I doubt we even have a sun, tbh.

laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 04:20 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Never said the feat wasn't impressive. What I said is that he clearly did not tank a 50x supernova in its totality(not even close.) He simply endured the initial electromagnetic shockwave it generated, and fled from the rest of the blast.

thumb up

Me neither. stick out tongue IMO I think the feat AS IS, is pretty good, but some (not you or anyone in particular) might not think that surviving the electro-magnetic shock wave is a big deal, when in this case it is.

Last edited by Rao Kal El on Dec 13th, 2013 at 04:24 PM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 04:21 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Q99
Still, you could fit hundreds of our suns into the type of star that goes supernova, sometimes more.

And the Suneater would've presumably digested and used up a lot of the energy from the prior suns too, but even if it didn't, well, Supernovae are just that big.

Depends. That particular sun eater was moving around galaxy to galaxy devouring suns.

Here he devours a sun in just that issue.

The plan was to direct all that energy to the core.

Superman was thrown across hundreds of lightyears by that implosion.

That feat is just gargantuan.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 04:31 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Thanos tanks it with a smile on his face

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 04:34 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Thanos has already tanked a supermova explosion.

Were people actually arguing he tanked the full explosion of that 50x supernova?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 04:45 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos has already tanked a supermova explosion.

Were people actually arguing he tanked the full explosion of that 50x supernova?

thumb up

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 13th, 2013 04:54 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote