KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Uncharted

Uncharted
Started by: Firefly218

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jaden_2.0
Awful

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
I enjoyed Silent Hill more because they didn't try to do a direct adaptation of the games because of how complicated they are. They kept it vague and made their own story for a movie audience and had Pyramid Head pulling people's skin off. It was a fun action horror romp.

For me, it was also the first adaptation to really capture the "feel" of the games. Both before and after the sirens felt very much like the first time I played through the first Silent Hill game.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2021 12:44 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Don't get how this is a prequel. Prequel to what? The game?

Anyway from someone who knows nothing about the game, film looks fun.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2021 11:19 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Looks terribly miscast. Doesn't feel like uncharted at all. The only thing that did was in the beginning of the trailer when they played a few notes of the games theme.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2021 04:55 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Don't get how this is a prequel. Prequel to what? The game?

Anyway from someone who knows nothing about the game, film looks fun.

It's not a prequel. There are scenes and set pieces straight from the games in the trailer. Looks to be more of a "greatest hits" rather than a true adaptation or prequel.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2021 05:53 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

This movie is getting trashed by the movie critics.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2022 07:54 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Kazenji
This movie is getting trashed by the movie critics.

Good, that means it’s prob. a fun movie. thumb up

Old Post Feb 15th, 2022 10:35 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

^ Pretty much, Movie critics these days have gone woke.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2022 12:38 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Kazenji
^ Pretty much, Movie critics these days have gone woke.

^^^They’ve gone something, alright.. laughing

Seriously though, I don’t pay too much attention to critics. I’d rather hear from ppl I know in RL or post with. I’m still gonna judge for myself but those sources work better for me.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2022 12:49 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 16th, 2022 04:22 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I don't know anything about this really but I admit to thinking it looks fun from the trailer. Kind of an Indiana Jones vibe, so I will probably check it out at some point.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2022 10:51 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Saw this tonight. It was good fun. I only got some of the references cos I've only ever played Uncharted 4. You see pretty much all the action set pieces in the trailer though. The fight choreography is excellent. Very Pirates of the Caribbean style goofiness. Film's like a fun mix of The Davinci Code, The Goonies, Indiana Jones. There's really good chemistry between the characters for the most part.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2022 11:09 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Good to hear, cos I'm always down for a fun adventure flick.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 16th, 2022 11:13 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hushyear
Restricted

Account Restricted

I liked the vibe of it

Old Post Feb 16th, 2022 11:43 PM
Hushyear is currently offline Click here to Send Hushyear a Private Message Find more posts by Hushyear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Saw this as well. Was decent I thought. My brother has played all the games and he thought it was good too, so thumbs up all around.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 17th, 2022 12:35 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

so.. watch free or pay

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 17th, 2022 04:09 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
…I only got some of the references …

Originally posted by -Pr-
…My brother has played all the games…

Same and same. I don’t play video games so nods, in-jokes etc. went over my head, but the guys I went w. did a good job filling me in. As a straight up popcorn munching brain at half mast action movie I dug it, though. It helps that I’m a fan of pretty much every major actor in the movie.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2022 10:42 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good film, thoroughly fun romp.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2022 07:23 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Agreed, silly and cheesy, but the action and story kept you entertained.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 25th, 2022 11:22 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I just watched this. Found it cheesily entertaining.

I didn't realize it was the Zombieland and Venom director. This was much more Zombieland and much less Venom. I found it fun.

Old Post May 13th, 2022 06:41 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I found it entertaining too, It was also good seeing the Nolan North cameo in it

in regards to the director maybe he needs better scripts to work with.

Old Post May 15th, 2022 02:47 AM