KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Avengers vs Lord of the ring verse

Avengers vs Lord of the ring verse
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Nah. Those arrows and blades won't even tickle him. The ghost army is the only real chance the LoTR verse has, but I think they can beat the Avengers.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Dec 30th, 2013 04:11 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

The ghost army is hard to kill (would they stand up to Thor's magic...?), but is there a sign their firepower is any greater than the living?

I go for the Avengers.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
How many enchanted elf arrows and blades can he take though? I get he's lazer-bullet-proof, but eventually something is going to hurt him.

Probably thousands and thousands and thousands easy, elf arrows have not show particularly crazy penetration (they do well against plate, that's it).

Old Post Dec 30th, 2013 04:18 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

The army of the dead blitzkrieged a battlefield in the time it takes to nuke a burrito. They shouldn't be undersold.

Also, elven weapons are specifically enchanted to be ridiculously durable and sharp. That's why you can pull them out of dirt and they still are sharp and serviceable.

I'm not saying they will effortlessly hack through Thor/Hulk, but given their unusual nature, I'm open to the possibility of them being able to kill the duo with a million bug bites.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2013 04:30 AM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
The army of the dead blitzkrieged a battlefield in the time it takes to nuke a burrito. They shouldn't be undersold.

Also, elven weapons are specifically enchanted to be ridiculously durable and sharp. That's why you can pull them out of dirt and they still are sharp and serviceable.

I'm not saying they will effortlessly hack through Thor/Hulk, but given their unusual nature, I'm open to the possibility of them being able to kill the duo with a million bug bites.
I would like to add that while elven blades were made extremely well they were especially monstrous. As in they could be blocked and parried with normal weapons just fine.

So I don't really think they have much more cutting power that a standard blade expect in certain circumstances.

And I don't know if they can overcome people who are bullet proof.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 31st, 2013 04:42 PM
Newjak is online now! Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Even if Iron man could fly I still think he would get overwhelmed by an entire universe of armies. Especially when there are a lot of magic users in that universe.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2014 06:50 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Avengers vs Lord of the ring verse

Originally posted by carver9
The Avengers have to overcome and defeat the entirety of the LOTR planet.

Thor and Ironman flight is taken away in this battle. Can they overcome it?

Hulk Thor and Iron Wreck.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2014 07:16 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Hulk waded thru F-35b cannonfire like they were spitballs. I don't really see that many things in LOTR that has similar to that kind of penetrating power.

I don't think he can do anything vs the ghost army but at the same time, I can see him wading thru the ghosts like they were a slow shallow stream and simply hopping over them and smashing everything he can get his hands on til he eventually gets Aragorn.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2014 01:36 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Hulk could likely solo this. With the aid of IM and Thor, they win for sure.

There's nothing in LOTR that even comes close to the power of Hulk, even Thor is probably more powerful than anything in LOTR.

Hulk could just punch towers and castle walls over, to squish large sections of the various armies. He would pick up an ent and bash the rest in pretty easily.

Thor's lightning would destroy lots of elves, orcs and assorted folk.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2014 01:25 AM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote