KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » The Rock Tweets about possible big DC/WB project

The Rock Tweets about possible big DC/WB project
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji

So Hal Jordan gets scrutinized by you but Kyle gets a pass?

he too wears a mask of sorts.

At least Kyle's covers pretty much his whole face. Hal's is more like Clark Kent's glasses, which they even pointed out in the film making a joke out of it.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2014 08:49 AM
Darth Thor is online now! Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by -Pr-
lol, surrrre.
I'm just saying, I was proven right about Hal's film not making a lot of money wink
Originally posted by Kazenji
So Hal Jordan gets scrutinized by you but Kyle gets a pass?

he too wears a mask of sorts.
Nah. I didn't give him a pass. I put a list of pros & cons for the Earth GLs a lil while ago. I doubt they'll ever put Kyle in live action anyway, but if they do they should nix that kinda stuff if they wanna give off a serious police force vibe. These guys should be John &Guy. That would be money

Attachment: pacific-rim-1.jpg
This has been downloaded 141 time(s).

Old Post Mar 26th, 2014 10:00 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

I think if Green lantern were EVER revisited, a cool idea to move forward from the disaster of the first film would be to do a Green lantern Corps film. I actually kind of like the idea of having John AND Guy as the stars. Straight laced John with Guy as the comic relief and foil. That could totally work. They could even introduce or hint to Kyle.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2014 10:19 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

AMC talked a little bit about the Rock.

Really excited either way.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 02:21 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote:

Just two hours ago I published a story called "The Rock Pretty Much Admits He's Playing Lobo," based on three clues that Dwayne Johnson gave to press while doing an interview about the Hercules trailer. Halfway through these clues, while sitting at the table across from him, I was certain the character he was describing was Lobo. The Rock had been connected to the character before, after all, and I assumed The Rock would be doing a solo movie with Warner Bros - after all, he's one of cinema's biggest action stars. By the time The Rock called his mystery character a 'badass mother****er' I was certain that it was Lobo. I mean, he leaned on 'badass mother****er,' and not many DC heroes fit that bill.

But within minutes of the story going up I was contacted by two different good sources. One was pretty blunt: "It's not Lobo," I was told. Who was it? This source didn't know. My second source was more circumspect, and confirmed it wasn't Lobo and then asked me, "Why does it have to be a hero?"

Which, wow. The nature of the conversation we were having had The Rock telling us he loved superheroes, and it seemed like he was going for a heroic part (it's worth noting that other stuff The Rock said after the interview was officially over make me quite very 100% convinced he's not playing John Stewart. Like, things that are not vague but that I don't have recorded). But if The Rock isn't playing a hero, which villain will it be?

I think it's Black Adam, a character to whom he has been connected in the past. Maybe they'll make Black Adam an antihero, instead of simply Captain "SHAZAM!" Marvel's nemesis?

So perhaps I jumped to a conclusion. All of a sudden my sureness about Lobo has disappeared. A Black Adam movie? Or a SHAZAM! movie? Could this be why Marvel is doing Ms. Marvel instead of Captain Marvel - avoiding any headaches and hassles in advance?

http://badassdigest.com/2014/03/25/...t-playing-lobo/

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 03:09 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by I-Drop
I'm just saying, I was proven right about Hal's film not making a lot of money wink Nah. I didn't give him a pass. I put a list of pros & cons for the Earth GLs a lil while ago. I doubt they'll ever put Kyle in live action anyway, but if they do they should nix that kinda stuff if they wanna give off a serious police force vibe. These guys should be John &Guy. That would be money

lol, hating Hal Jordan and hoping he fails isn't the same as precognition. stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 01:38 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Hey PR what would you think of them going with a GLC movie instead?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 05:38 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

lol, hating Hal Jordan and hoping he fails isn't the same as precognition. stick out tongue
Waaaay back then when I made that prediction, I had only apathy for Hal. I didn't have to hope he'd fail, I just knew that he would. The combination of dealing w/stubborn Hal fanboys on other forums who still act like Hal is the only option even after his megafail, seeing Hal continuously forced on us, finding out that the guys running things at DC(Johns, Didio) are Hal fanboys, and hearing of plans to off John has turned me into a Hal hater. I'd love to go back to just being indifferent sad
Originally posted by JayDaDon
I think if Green lantern were EVER revisited, a cool idea to move forward from the disaster of the first film would be to do a Green lantern Corps film. I actually kind of like the idea of having John AND Guy as the stars. Straight laced John with Guy as the comic relief and foil. That could totally work. They could even introduce or hint to Kyle.
This

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 06:37 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Hey PR what would you think of them going with a GLC movie instead?

Depends, but it could work.

Waaaay back then when I made that prediction, I had only apathy for Hal. I didn't have to hope he'd fail, I just knew that he would. The combination of dealing w/stubborn Hal fanboys on other forums who still act like Hal is the only option even after his megafail, seeing Hal continuously forced on us, finding out that the guys running things at DC(Johns, Didio) are Hal fanboys, and hearing of plans to off John has turned me into a Hal hater. I'd love to go back to just being indifferent sad
This

It wasn't Hal's fault that they wanted to kill John. Blame Geoff Johns stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 28th, 2014 08:46 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Who is the guys who wrote that? Was he actually talking to the Rock?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2014 07:14 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Depends, but it could work.

It wasn't Hal's fault that they wanted to kill John. Blame Geoff Johns stick out tongue
Agreed. Not a fan of him either. Killing John was probably part of his pro Hal agenda tho :/

Old Post Apr 4th, 2014 02:23 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Agreed. Not a fan of him either. Killing John was probably part of his pro Hal agenda tho :/

lol he just likes Hal more than John. He still included John in his books, and gave him some nice moments during his run.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 4th, 2014 05:12 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

This site thinks he's going to be Aquaman! They make some good points I guess.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/17...e-aquaman.jhtml

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 05:56 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Eh, no thanks. No.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 06:07 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by juggernaut74

I'd buy that for a dollar stick out tongue lol

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 07:00 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by juggernaut74

If so...YESSSS!!

Old Post Apr 19th, 2014 08:49 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

You could see him as Aquaman?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2014 12:16 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I think Rock could be an amazing Black Manta.

Aquaman though? God no.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 20th, 2014 01:04 AM
Femi32

I don't believe that, but if WB is considering The Rock for Aquaman, it wouldn't be farcetched on their part. Justin Hartley (Green Arrow in Smallville) would make a great Aquaman.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2014 01:25 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

He was good in the pilot, so I wouldn't have a problem with him playing him.

The one thing an Aquaman movie will live and die on, though, is the tone. Johns hit it just right with the current series, but it has to strike that balance between superhero and eco-warrior.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 20th, 2014 01:42 AM