KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Evolve

Evolve
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I decided not to get this. It's a cool game. A really, really cool game but I don't think Evolve is worth the $60. All the early DLC announcements compared to the bare minimum you get at retail raised one too many red flags. I'll just wait for a price drop thank you.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2015 07:55 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

thumb up

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 24th, 2015 08:18 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I decided not to get this. It's a cool game. A really, really cool game but I don't think Evolve is worth the $60. All the early DLC announcements compared to the bare minimum you get at retail raised one too many red flags. I'll just wait for a price drop thank you.
Now that sufficient time has passed to think about it, I think I agree actually.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 25th, 2015 01:20 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Anyone getting that weird feeling Titanfall, Destiny, and Evolve were all one game then someone thought it best to divide the key features for some reason thus creating these separate titles? Noting the five month gap between both game's release dates and pointing out the fact the three shooters have as much the disappointingly minimal amount of content as the other raises questions.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Feb 11th, 2015 at 12:17 AM

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 12:09 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Whats the deal with next-gen games being so sparce on content? I really expected more when I bought my One.

Man, I need MGSV in my life.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 12:16 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Because people eat this shit up. They buy it and then buy the seasons pass.

I also think because developers are still figuring out the systems and don't have enough time.

Destiny should of had more interesting content, Titanfall should of had a SP campaign that was not glorified MP and I don't know about Evolve because I'm probably not picking up.

I think the issue is that the games are being released for full price when they should be around 30-40 bucks. Out of all them, I do think Titanfall was what it was, I don't remember when playing it that I got screwed.....

MGSV is probably going to be massive but don't forget that Konami is the biggest bullshitter when the released MGS Ground Zeroes....at 40 bucks for about 3 hours. And, almost had the balls to release at full price. What's even worst is that Ground Zeroes is clearly the prologue that should of been released with MGSV.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 01:21 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 11:45 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

At first, I thought, oh well, it's character customization but then I realized how much bullshit that is.

In free to play, I can understand charging money for character skins because that's the point of it but for a $69 game (which is bullshit next gen crap they did 8 years ago), withholding skins is crap. It would of been nice if people could customize looks.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 12:21 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ev...c/1100-6425237/

I think I'm going to be sick.

"If you wanted to buy all of the Evolve DLC available right now it would cost you $136, on top of the $60 game"

And then the audacity to say:

"developers spoke out to make clear that Evolve's DLC scheme is not meant to "leech" money out of players."

If $200.00 dollars for a full game isn't "leeching" the customer, I really don't know what is

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 12:26 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, it is brutal.

If this was released 6 months from now, I wouldn't care because they clearly did not create this content before the game was released...but there is no way they created all these things after the game hit gold.

And, it's even worst that it's not even part of the ****ing seasons pass!

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 01:41 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Evolve should've been a free-to-play like Killer Instinct on the Xbox One if the developers are going to be relying so much on DLC.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 05:29 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Maybe.

I have no interest in the game. While I only played a few matches, it wasn't fun. I basically was "tracking" the monster and then shit broke loose.

What was missing was the spectacle that Left 4 Dead had in the Director.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 01:56 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Robtard
"If you wanted to buy all of the Evolve DLC available right now it would cost you $136, on top of the $60 game"

And then the audacity to say:

"developers spoke out to make clear that Evolve's DLC scheme is not meant to "leech" money out of players."

If $200.00 dollars for a full game isn't "leeching" the customer, I really don't know what is
Man, this is bullsh*t

Whatever, I got my 12 hours of fun gameplay from the beta. I don't feel like being screwed, so I'll be skipping this. Sincerely hope this game crashes and burns.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 07:49 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ev...c/1100-6425237/

I think I'm going to be sick.
lol. Looks like I'll pass on this. Shame cause it looked cool.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 07:55 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

This is an even bigger insult than what Capcom did with Asura's Wrath.

Passing on this game. And I really wanted to play it, too.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 10:49 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

And suddenly the amount of hate is astounding....hmmm maybe i'll try it to see if it is any good...

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 10:57 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It doesn't help that it's a co-op/MP game only.

As with Titanfall, what's the point of creating all this cool immersion shit if there isn't a SP campaign to speak of.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 02:15 PM
Arachnid1

I've never minded the co-op/MP only aspect

Just the execution

PWNT

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 09:03 AM
BlackZero30x
Jack

I like the game. Trapper is my preferred class and Griffin my character. 3 stared him. I just started picking up Lazarus for healing too.

All the skins in this game suck. Even the ones you unlock through play. As for the only MP/Co-op....I don't mind it but I do always prefer single player stories. Also there is solo mode. Make privet lobbies and play by yourself if you don't wanna play online.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Last edited by BlackZero30x on Feb 16th, 2015 at 08:22 PM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2015 08:19 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 02:18 AM