KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Dr. Fate vs Odin

Dr. Fate vs Odin
Started by: "Id"

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
If you've read the comics it says it all.

I just give you the 2 most well known Lords of Order and Chaos to indicate the power level.

Do I need to read the comics to you page by page?
You said they have the power of all lords of chaos and order. Being the most well known has absolutely nothing to do with power. Do you know what evidence is ?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 12:35 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by quanchi112
You said they have the power of all lords of chaos and order. Being the most well known has absolutely nothing to do with power. Do you know what evidence is ?

NO.

Kent + Inza HAVE the power of BOTH the Lords of Order and Lords of Chaos.

NOT, Dr. Fate or Mordru individually. The fact that I actually have to point this out to you is somewhat disturbing.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 12:40 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

NO.

Kent + Inza HAVE the power of BOTH the Lords of Order and Lords of Chaos.

NOT, Dr. Fate or Mordru individually. The fact that I actually have to point this out to you is somewhat disturbing.
The fact you don't understand that one of each isn't all of them is somewhat laughable.

laughing

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 12:43 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

The fact you don't understand that one of each isn't all of them is somewhat laughable.

laughing

You really are a fool.

There is only one instance of the Dr. Fate being used here. Despite that blatant fact you keep asking for evidence of the power of the 2 cosmic forces that were combined there.

I clearly stated I gave you the most powerful examples of both groups. To anyone not named Quan, they could see that LORDS indicate there is more than one on each side.

You are often unarmed in most battles of wit you engage in.

The failure continues! cool

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 12:48 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

laughing

What LoB is saying, is that Classic Fate (with Inza), can invoke the powers from the Lords of Order and Chaos.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 01:02 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

You haven't established what kind of power that amasses. You just used titles and acted like that is evidence. It isn't.

Lord Brooklyn May not have but I did. In the scans I posted on this thread we see classic Fate in his one and only appearance where he merged with Inza casually defeat two such lords ( one of each, a Lord of Order and a Lord of chaos) who together could casually reality warp the entire cosmos ( scans of that were also provided).

Other feats for lords of order and chaos "pre COIE" ( which is where Classic Fate is from)

Mordru soloed the combined forces of the SA JLA/ LOSH/ and JSA. That is a team that includes two SA Supermen, SA Superboy, SA Mon-el, two green lanterns, 2 Wonder Women ( the E2 one was vastly more powerful than E1 and actually able to move a planet), Dr Fate ( unmerged), and countless others.

Dr Fate himself had fought and defeated several sky fathers ( admittedly slightly below Odin) like Totec ( who could also warp reality and changed the earth to be in his own image.

In All Star squadron ( issue 27 I iRC) Fate also fought a blood lusted amped Spectre ( under the control of Kulak courtesy of the ring of life. Kulak was powerful enough to influence every mind on earth from another dimension and cause mother to kill child brother to brother etc) for about 7 pages. Spectre only one through BFR. This is one of a few times they faced each other.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 01:09 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Defeating Totec, undoing his reality warp and "healing" Earth was pretty beast.

Thats another example of him operating above the status quo (trancendent class), without outside influence.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 01:15 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

There is one image that personifies 60's Silver Age where Mordru is hurling stars and planets like nerf balls.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 01:45 AM
quanchi112
Disney

You really are a fool.

There is only one instance of the Dr. Fate being used here. Despite that blatant fact you keep asking for evidence of the power of the 2 cosmic forces that were combined there.

I clearly stated I gave you the most powerful examples of both groups. To anyone not named Quan, they could see that LORDS indicate there is more than one on each side.

You are often unarmed in most battles of wit you engage in.

The failure continues! cool
You used the word all which implies plural not one of each.

Originally posted by "Id"
What LoB is saying, is that Classic Fate (with Inza), can invoke the powers from the Lords of Order and Chaos.
That doesn't make him equal to. Strange can invoke other powers but that doesn't make him those beings either.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 02:22 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by beatboks
Lord Brooklyn May not have but I did. In the scans I posted on this thread we see classic Fate in his one and only appearance where he merged with Inza casually defeat two such lords ( one of each, a Lord of Order and a Lord of chaos) who together could casually reality warp the entire cosmos ( scans of that were also provided).

Other feats for lords of order and chaos "pre COIE" ( which is where Classic Fate is from)

Mordru soloed the combined forces of the SA JLA/ LOSH/ and JSA. That is a team that includes two SA Supermen, SA Superboy, SA Mon-el, two green lanterns, 2 Wonder Women ( the E2 one was vastly more powerful than E1 and actually able to move a planet), Dr Fate ( unmerged), and countless others.

Dr Fate himself had fought and defeated several sky fathers ( admittedly slightly below Odin) like Totec ( who could also warp reality and changed the earth to be in his own image.

In All Star squadron ( issue 27 I iRC) Fate also fought a blood lusted amped Spectre ( under the control of Kulak courtesy of the ring of life. Kulak was powerful enough to influence every mind on earth from another dimension and cause mother to kill child brother to brother etc) for about 7 pages. Spectre only one through BFR. This is one of a few times they faced each other.
So defeating a few doesn't mean his power equals all. Just more formidable.

Thats child's play to Odin IMO.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 02:24 AM
Senor Cage

Defeating Totec, undoing his reality warp and "healing" Earth was pretty beast.

Thats another example of him operating above the status quo (trancendent class), without outside influence.

Beastly indeed.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 03:01 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

So defeating a few doesn't mean his power equals all. Just more formidable.

Thats child's play to Odin IMO.

1. Please show a single instance o Odin casually defeating a single universal level reality warper???

Fate without the amp did that, with the amp he defeated two who were aligned and as such drawing on the power of both the Lords of Order and Chaos. The merger allowed the new amped Fate to draw on both PLUS the power of the human spirit. This allowed the new merged Fate to go beyond the mere limits o just order and chaos.

2. Lesser powered versions of Dr Fate have shown to be a match for many lords of order plus as I stated this version could match Spectre who while at a lower power level ( as he was unbound which weakens him) in DoV defeated all the Lords of Order and Chaos. Spectre was clearly >>>>> than all and classic Fate matched a more powerful version.

3. Show a single feat of Odin demonstrating multiversal level blasts. In one JLA/ JSA cross over when destroying a vessel the impact of Fate's blasts were felt on earth 2, in Limbo and in deep space on Earth 1 at once.

Odin has had problems with celestialls, Galactus , and hell lords. Fate without the amp has matched or defeated beings like these.

Not saying he wins, but it's a tough battle for whoever does. Against just classic Fate without the merged Inza I'd lean toward Odin. Classic Fate was a close to even match to Classic Strange. He was above him in some regards like having class 100+ strength, sonic speed, invulnerability, TK that allows him to easily move planets, energy manipulation on or above Silver Surfer level, and matter manip around the same.

With Inza merged with him his power just got lifted a few more notches.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 03:06 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

1. Please show a single instance o Odin casually defeating a single universal level reality warper???

Fate without the amp did that, with the amp he defeated two who were aligned and as such drawing on the power of both the Lords of Order and Chaos. The merger allowed the new amped Fate to draw on both PLUS the power of the human spirit. This allowed the new merged Fate to go beyond the mere limits o just order and chaos.

2. Lesser powered versions of Dr Fate have shown to be a match for many lords of order plus as I stated this version could match Spectre who while at a lower power level ( as he was unbound which weakens him) in DoV defeated all the Lords of Order and Chaos. Spectre was clearly >>>>> than all and classic Fate matched a more powerful version.

3. Show a single feat of Odin demonstrating multiversal level blasts. In one JLA/ JSA cross over when destroying a vessel the impact of Fate's blasts were felt on earth 2, in Limbo and in deep space on Earth 1 at once.

Odin has had problems with celestialls, Galactus , and hell lords. Fate without the amp has matched or defeated beings like these.

Not saying he wins, but it's a tough battle for whoever does. Against just classic Fate without the merged Inza I'd lean toward Odin. Classic Fate was a close to even match to Classic Strange. He was above him in some regards like having class 100+ strength, sonic speed, invulnerability, TK that allows him to easily move planets, energy manipulation on or above Silver Surfer level, and matter manip around the same.

You are exaggerating.

I will play your game.

Odin has stopped time, effected the multiverse, etc.

Odin wins.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 03:34 AM
Senor Cage

thumb up I'm convinced.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 03:36 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Odin turns into Mantis and rapes Dr Fate

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 03:40 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

That doesn't make him equal to. Strange can invoke other powers but that doesn't make him those beings either.

Actually once said god is invoked, he can add his powers onto his. Which is why Lord Of B. Mentions that this version could easily stack Mordru powers onto his.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 03:46 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

You are exaggerating.

I will play your game.

Odin has stopped time, effected the multiverse, etc.

Odin wins.

How is it exaggeration it is on panel in the scans I presented they warped the cosmos every star and planet ceased to exist and changed into something they wanted the universe to be. Only fates and Inza were immune because of their innate immunity to reality manipulation. Once merged he simply cast them out and put everything back to the way.

When he fought totec without this enhancement their battle literally destroy all life on earth. Once he won he simply created everything anew. In doing that he stated he was reaching to the limit of his power. These are on panel feats just like in more fun comics in the 40's where he was shown to completely control time and space

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 03:50 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Actually once said god is invoked, he can add his powers onto his. Which is why Lord Of B. Mentions that this version could easily stack Mordru powers onto his.
Has he done so in a comic ?

Odin has stopped time if you want to play the feats game.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 03:51 AM
quanchi112
Disney

How is it exaggeration it is on panel in the scans I presented they warped the cosmos every star and planet ceased to exist and changed into something they wanted the universe to be. Only fates and Inza were immune because of their innate immunity to reality manipulation. Once merged he simply cast them out and put everything back to the way.

When he fought totec without this enhancement their battle literally destroy all life on earth. Once he won he simply created everything anew. In doing that he stated he was reaching to the limit of his power. These are on panel feats just like in more fun comics in the 40's where he was shown to completely control time and space
Therein lies the context. An immunity changes the feat since he is immune to that avenue of attack. Takes away from the feat itself.

Odin wins.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 03:53 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Has he done so in a comic ?

Odin has stopped time if you want to play the feats game.

Yes.
And Fate can stop or manipulate time as well.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 03:59 AM