KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Middle Earth: Shadow Of Mordor

Middle Earth: Shadow Of Mordor
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Yeah, once you get the hang of it, that's pretty much the case.

But I have been killed a few times from the elite captains but only because there is like a thousand guys attacking me.

I had an annoying thing happen to me in this game. The sword mission where you have to kill the trainers took me about 30 minutes because I was fighting a bunch of them but enemies kept on respawning near me and joining the fight. I wonder why the developers put a respawn point right beside "proving grounds" that you need to visit to beat the mission.

Overall, at first I wasn't totally in it but after about 5 hours, it's pretty damn sweet. I'm hoping the side missions have some sort of payoff aside from XP/cash.
That mission sucked. I was there killing people for a good 20 minutes. That same glitch happened, and they kept coming. I figured it would end eventually, but I ended up getting overwhelmed. I haven't gone near the mission since.

PWNT

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2014 10:55 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah.

You just need to kill the trainers to beat it which sucks because you cannot pick them out in the crowd (unless you go into wraith mode).

What I did was that I ran underneath the bridge near there (where there is herbs as well) and fought them off. It took awhile for all of them to follow so I only had to fight 15 at a time. Also, the respawning enemies don't attack when they are underneath.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2014 11:12 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

I found this to be humourous.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2014 12:53 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

So I played like 6 hours.
I love it!
Only beat like 5 story missions.
Tryin to get as many upgrades as I can.
Some of the Captains are nasty I faced one with poisoning spears he had like 15 uruks around.
First I tried to release a caragor on him but he was a beast slayer then I tried to beat him but the other uruk always kept me occupied and his poison was so strong he could easily 2 shot me.
He also had health regen.
Decided to run away take down the followers with a bow then went berserk on him.
Took me like 20 minutes to take him down but it was fun.

Also seen a captain and his men getting crushed by a graug near a cave...

Cant wait to ride those..

Bankai.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2014 04:46 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Talion is so op...

I can take out 50+ uruk without them touching me....

With following stuff I have infinite focus and infinite arrows I can just teleport around killing every non captain uruk.

Have shadow chain strike,combat drain,the ability that allows you to do 2 executions after a streak and the one that decrease streak from 8 to 5.

Have runes that have x chance to add 4 elf shots after drain.
Add as many of those so that their number reaches 100%.
Have a rune that recharges about 35% of focus after each chain strike.

Have at least 10 elf shots available.

1 chain strike uses up 2 of them.

This way you can teleport around killing at least 4 guys in a row each kill recharges focus so you never run out.

After each 5 hits(you need to hit only one guy to get a streak hence the chain strike) you can recharge your ability via combat drain 2 times.Adding 8 arrows/4 teleport kills each time.

Beastly for sure...big grin

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Oct 3rd, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2014 12:02 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I was going for a level 17 warchief and I stealth attacked him. Turns out the two bodyguards both have the summoner ability. So what started out to be a 3 vs 1 fight with two capts and a warchief turned into a 30 vs 1 with like 5-6 captains and the crazy warchief.

I ran around like crazy eating herbs and slowly killing the captains. I have a rune that gives me back all my health/focus so I eventually got down to the warchief and 1 captain. Killed the captain and then started picking away at the big guy. He had a shield and an attack I couldn't counter. He also takes a shitload of health per hit away. I jumped over him and then attacked a thousand times until he chickened and ran away. I was like like, **** that! and chased him and killed him.

It was like 30 minutes of that shit. After that, I got killed by some carrogors which allowed a shitload of captains to get promotions and better power.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2014 03:30 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

lol I came across a Warchief with like 4 captains rolling with him. I shot down a bee nest and scared all the captains away and killed the warchief. I was actually a little disappointed with how easy it was.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Oct 4th, 2014 03:44 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Dominated all of the body guards of a warchief then sent all of them against him.
It was pretty damn sweet to watch like 40 of my men and 3 captains raping him.

There is even an achievment/trophy for it.

Bankai.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2014 05:32 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Horned graugs are awesome they are like 3 times more powerful then normal ones.They barely take damage its much easier to recover health with them.Drain only takes like 5% of their health.You can easily just eat captains with it.
Only con is that they cant climb surface and they attract caragors but I just dominate them as well.Running around with a 3 beasts is pretty boss.

Gonna love using them as "Captain hunters".stick out tongue

Bankai.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2014 08:00 AM
BlackZero30x
Jack

Beat the game and loved it! Can't wait to finish the rest of the side quests I have left! The story was pretty cool and I love this character. My one problem with the game was...I felt cheated on the last boss fight. :/ oh well I feel everything else made up for it!

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 05:52 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Game is pretty fun.

Killed four captains in a single engagement an hour ago.

Felt good man.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 09:10 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Any of you guys got the lvl 25 rune trophy?
Any suggestions how to get it?
Each time I send a death threat to a warchief I keep getting an epic rune instead of a lvl 25 one.

There is a pretty badass rune which gives fire arrows a small exploison so you can take out 2-3 guys with a shot

I love using fire arrows on barrels and at camps they can easily blow up like 15 guys.

Bankai.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 10:14 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Can any of you guys add me on psn?
Wanna do the vendetta revenge mission.

My friends have xbone Im the only ps4 guy.

Im Estacado1987.

smile

Bankai.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 12:04 PM
NemeBro

I have it on PC.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 05:47 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Estacado
Any of you guys got the lvl 25 rune trophy?
Any suggestions how to get it?
Each time I send a death threat to a warchief I keep getting an epic rune instead of a lvl 25 one.

There is a pretty badass rune which gives fire arrows a small exploison so you can take out 2-3 guys with a shot

I love using fire arrows on barrels and at camps they can easily blow up like 15 guys.

You don't need to give them a death threat. Just make sure they are lvl 20 (lvl 20 rune), a warchief (+2), a revenge target (+1), you know their weakness (+1), and that you use their weakness or fears against them (+1). Even then though, you'll probably have to try a few times though. It took me three times before I didn't get an epic.

Anyway, just platinumed it (or whatever the equivalent is on Steam). Good game.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 06:49 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Had some really fun times with this game so far, been playing about 6 hours. Haven't done any of the main quest yet. Mainly been trying to collect every artifact.

And so etching I have found quite fun is as I have forgotten quite often to heal myself I have been revenge killing captains. I like sneaking into strongholds either being really sneaky or just charging in on a Caragor.

This Black Hand character seems very mysterious.

All in all awesome game so far.

Although this one Orc Skak p****d me off when I was trying to assassinate him and before I jumped he crossbowed me right in the head.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 07:06 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I know I came in here talking big earlier about how easy it is to wipe out Saurons captains, but jesus...

One captain called Skoth Wrath-Breeder keeps messing me up. The first three times he killed me, he got lucky because he had so much backup around, and those archers are no joke. He's the bodyguard for a warchief I'm trying to go after, but I cant take him. After I got fed up enough with him, I sent him a death threat and that bumped him up from a 9 to a level 13. I was feeling big, and was kind of pissed so I decided to go about it as epically as possible.

I eventually hunted him down in his usual chill area. After I did some recon, I found about 4 other captains guarding him, two of which had already killed me before at some point. I decided to try to go about it tactically.

First, I tried some arrows to weaken him a bit. He ended up being immune and it just put him on the search for me.

After that, I snuck around him and his goons to go free a caragor behind him. The caragor killed one of the weak level 4 captains guarding him, before he came up and slaughtered it with little effort.

From there, I decided to go balls out and stealth him from above. He was immune to my aerial stealth, and smacked me down. I then tried a typical combo attack, which he just blocked and came back with some swings of his poisoned ax. I tried to vault over him to try to hit him from behind, but he caught me and just threw me down. By this point, all his captains and helpers were there in force, so I used them to get my combo up to try to wear him down with finishers. I got my combo count red, tried the finisher, which then he blocked too before getting another slash with his ax. From there, they all f*cked me up for a bit before I had to book it to find some health. Unfortunately, I got caught on something I couldn't vault over. Skoth took that as an opportunity to come up and murder me with his ax, for the fourth time.

Every single one of them leveled up, and every captain that's killed me at some point is a stupid high level now, with Skoth being on top at level 14. This is probably what it feels like being the nerdy skinny kid who gets constantly beat down by the usual group of bullies in the schoolyard. They made me look like an absolute chump. Skoth is immune to everything! I don't know what to do about this guy. I suppose I need to go interrogate someone with intel to figure out Skoths weakness, if he even has one.

Or I could just say f*ck it and go after the other Warchief. None of the other warchiefs I killed were as bad as Skoth. It's a little ridiculous that a captain is almost completely invincible but a warchief can be beat down without too much prep. I also know if I leave him, he'll probably rank up to be some invincible warchief at some point down the line. I need to figure out what to do about this guy before then.

For now though, I'm giving up on him. I'm gonna go after a different captain, and a different warchief. Maybe I'll be able to take him if I level up a bit and try again later. F*ck Skoth.

EDIT:
I just got to a through a different bodyguard. Creepy little bastard called Tugog the Puny. You know that moment when you clash with a captain or a warchief and they give you some little line about how they're gonna kill you? This guy just stared into my eyes and quietly giggled while breathing heavy for a good ten seconds. Unnerving as hell. Kudos to whoever had the idea for that little intro.

Anyway, we started fighting, and he hasn't been too bad. His life is halfway down. Everything was going great, till another captain came up and clashed. Of course, it was Skoth. Man, this guy. If all goes well, I'll kill the warchief and Skoth here. That would make my day. Wish me luck. :/

EDIT... AGAIN:
Skoth oneshotted me instantly. I didn't even know enemies could oneshot you. Then he gave me some condescending line about how I should probably just avoid him since he's lost track of how many times he's killed me. The warchief got away and Skoth leveled up again.

This game is awesome. FML, but its awesome. They day I kill Skoth will be one of my happiest gaming moments. Still, damn it man. :/

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Oct 5th, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 10:04 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I just tried the warchief mission again. Same creepy little dude who just clacked his teeth at me and giggled a bit. I whooped his butt again for a bit. Skoth came up again just now and said this almost verbatim:

"What is wrong with you!? You lose every time. Why do you keep coming back? Haunt someone else!"

This would be embarrassing if it wasn't a video game. Time for attempt 6 on Skoth.

EDIT:
I killed the Warchief! Skoth got terrified after he witnessed that and booked it. I think I can take him if he has no backup. So far, I've chased him through the night and across country for a couple of minutes. We encountered two caragors. He oneshotted both of them before oneshotting me and running off again. He didn't even take a finishing blow though. He just got me down and booked it. Some other orc tried to come up and steal the kill, but I did the button prompt and murdered him.

Now I'm on the chase again. I've got a few slashes into his back, but he takes almost no damage. I've got 1/10 of his life down. This is gonna be my best chance to take him though. He has no one around to distract me. I'm gonna get this bastard! Wish me luck.

EDIT:
He escaped. On top of that, he has regen, so he just healed back the 1/10 I took from him. I caught up, and he oneshotted me down again before booking it again. Some orc tried to finish me with a throwing ax but I deflected it and murdered him before taking up the chase again. Skoth just disappeared though, and I got some message on screen saying he got away. I guess I chased him too far? It kind of sucks he just disappeared.

Whatever. I got his Warchief. and scared him off. I'll take that as a win. He can go rot elsewear. Not my problem anymore.

Seriously though, I haven't had a chase that epic since Assassins Creed 2. That was pretty great.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Oct 5th, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 10:21 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

I was going for a revenge kill on a Captain and then I bumped into this.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 10:57 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I literally just killed like 5-6 captains in a row. I like how this game turns you into a ****ing war machine!

I'm really enjoying this game. The game mechanics are spot on. They had to be considering this is a cross between Arkham games and Assassins Creed.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 02:17 AM