KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Middle Earth: Shadow Of Mordor

Middle Earth: Shadow Of Mordor
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlackZero30x
Jack

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Estacado
Can any of you guys add me on psn?
Wanna do the vendetta revenge mission.

My friends have xbone Im the only ps4 guy.

Im Estacado1987.

smile

Keep an eye out. I can confirm you can do a vendetta for randoms you don't know because I just now did two.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 04:24 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

I dislike poison javelin and berserker Captains sad

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 04:35 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
Keep an eye out. I can confirm you can do a vendetta for randoms you don't know because I just now did two.

thumb up
Went online got it in a few minutes.

Game is so much fun sent a death threat to a captain.
Went to his location I have an epic rune which allows 10 more seconds of the invisibility super so I branded all his followers went hiding then watched them rape the captain.

Bankai.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 07:42 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Damn some warchiefs are uber tough.
The one I went up against had poison damage ,summoning and heal.
Healing was so good he could get back his health to max during mid fight if I let him breath for only like 5-10 seconds.
Couldnt phuck him up with combat finishers cause guys around me always made me lose my streak.
Didnt wanna cheap his ass with the infinite super special so I just wraith flashed and wraith burned him like 8 times.

He lasted like 10 minutes which was straight up fighting only.

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Oct 6th, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 10:02 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Damn some warchiefs are uber tough.
The one I went up against had poison damage ,summoning and heal.
Healing was so good he could get back his health to max during mid fight if I let him breath for only like 5-10 seconds.
Couldnt phuck him up with combat finishers cause guys around me always made me lose my streak.
Didnt wanna cheap his ass with the infinite super special so I just wraith flashed and wraith burned him like 8 times.

He lasted like 10 minutes which was straight up fighting only.

Yeah, I had this one called Goroth who was immune to Stealth and Ranged attacks. And there was him and like 20 orcs around him. So I fought I would attract 3 Caragors to help. But that was no help. He also had the ability where he could kill large beasts quickly

What sort of powerlevel chiefs are you facing?

I have only been against Power Level 10 maximum.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 10:23 AM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Around 15-16 most of the times rarely 19-20 but there are few 10-12 ones as well whenever they run out I jst advance time.

Im maxed out so it was still suprising for me how challenging the game can be.

Though I didnt do weakness exploitation.

Earlier in the game I faced a guy similar to that warchief with health regen ,bleeding weapon but he had a stealth weakness so on the 2nd try I just used death from above on him.

Gonna try to farm all the epic runes.
Looking for the ones that double the lenght of elf swiftness and that give wraith flash more stun time so I can wraith burn them easily.stick out tongue

Bankai.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 10:34 AM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Around 15-16 most of the times rarely 19-20 but there are few 10-12 ones as well whenever they run out I jst advance time.

Im maxed out so it was still suprising for me how challenging the game can be.

Though I didnt do weakness exploitation.

Earlier in the game I faced a guy similar to that warchief with health regen ,bleeding weapon but he had a stealth weakness so on the 2nd try I just used death from above on him.

Gonna try to farm all the epic runes.
Looking for the ones that double the lenght of elf swiftness and that give wraith flash more stun time so I can wraith burn them easily.stick out tongue

Yeah, so far I got 1 Epic Rune that gives me 3% health each time I counter an attack. Really cool.

Also have you collected all of the things that make up the image of the door yet?

I still haven't done any main missions yet. Just been revenge killing and trying to do all side missions and collect artifacts.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 10:47 AM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Yeah, so far I got 1 Epic Rune that gives me 3% health each time I counter an attack. Really cool.

Also have you collected all of the things that make up the image of the door yet?

I still haven't done any main missions yet. Just been revenge killing and trying to do all side missions and collect artifacts.

Yup.

Its gonna be a pretty cool monologue.

I have to finish the remaing 4 story missions get a lvl 25 rune and rescue the outcast for platinum.

Cant wait for further content.

Bankai.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 10:56 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

My sword has 4 epic runes. My broken sword has 1 and I don't think I have any for the bow.

One epic is that I get full health and focus after killing a captain which is freaking amazing when I was facing 4-5 captains and a bajillion peeps. I forget what else I have aside from a epic rune that gives me 5 Health after every execution. This is good considering I only need 5 hits to get one and I upgraded to allow me two of them at a time.

This game is ****ing awesome. Raping a thousand orcs is so damn satisfying. I'm a bit worried for Assassins Creed Unity because the fighting system is going to be much shallower than Mordor and won't have the upgrade/rune system.

Another solid outing from Monolith. One of my favourite developers.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 01:51 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by Smasandian
My sword has 4 epic runes. My broken sword has 1 and I don't think I have any for the bow.

One epic is that I get full health and focus after killing a captain which is freaking amazing when I was facing 4-5 captains and a bajillion peeps. I forget what else I have aside from a epic rune that gives me 5 Health after every execution. This is good considering I only need 5 hits to get one and I upgraded to allow me two of them at a time.

This game is ****ing awesome. Raping a thousand orcs is so damn satisfying. I'm a bit worried for Assassins Creed Unity because the fighting system is going to be much shallower than Mordor and won't have the upgrade/rune system.

Another solid outing from Monolith. One of my favourite developers.

Bow has some great epic runes.

Epic Runes

Sword:

Blade of Gondolin: Combat finishers recharge the Storm of Urfael at double the normal rate

Dread Visage: 33% chance to cause an Uruk's head to explode when they are killed by Wraith Flash or Wraith Burn

Evenstar: Recover full focus when hit streak becomes charged

Foe Hammer: Recover +2 Elf shot on combat execution kills

Wrath and Ruin: Increases the stun and knockdown durations on Wraith Flash

Drive them Back: Countering enemies restores +3 health

Cold as Stone: Increases stun and knockdown durations on countered enemies by 50%

Bones of the Earth: Recover +3 elf shot on a flurry kill

Gnawing Fear: Increases the terror caused by execution kills

Burning Pitch: 15% chance to ignite enemies on a counter

Elven Grace: 50% chance to reduce melee damage received by 50%

Glorious Charge: 20% chance to deal 10x damage on a shoulder charge

Hidden Power: Increases duration of last chance

Life for Death: Recover +10 health on combat execution kills

Mighty Rage: Increases the stun and knockdown duration of melee attacks

The End Comes: Uruk's heads will explode on Wraith Blast kills

The Bright Host: Recover +1 elf shot for each Wraith Flash kill

Storm of Battle: Increases all sword damage by 50%

Stand and Fight: Increases all sword damage by 100% when Talion's health in below 25%

Ruination: Increases the Storm of Urfael duration by +10 seconds

The Undying: Recover all focus and elf shot on any last chance success

Tower of Defense: Increases hit streak reset time by +10 seconds

Bow:

Ascendent: Reduces the focus depletion rate by 50%

Bow Master: Increases bow damage by 50%

Fell Handed: A headshot kill recharges the Flame of Azkar at double the normal rate

Knight of Eregion: Recover +1 elf shot on shadow strike kills

Wrath of the Eldar: Increases the duration of the Flame of Azkar by +10 seconds

Stand Fast: Increases all bow damage by 100% when Talion's health is below 25%

Foresight: Increases the bow distract range by 50%

Fire Storm: Adds a powerful blast to fire arrow

Explosive Demise: 20% chance an area blast will happen around a charged headshot on Uruks or Ghuls

The Black Arrow: Recover +5 health on headshot kills

Dagger:

Balefire: Recover +2 elf shot for a head explosion kill

Bane of Mordor: Increases the duration of the Shadow of Acharn by +10 seconds

Forge of War: Recover +4 elf shot for each drain or brand

Oathbreaker: A stealth kill recharges the Shadow of Acharn at double the normal rate

Spell of Ruin: Recover +1 elf shot on Wraith Burn or Dispatch kills

Bright Fury: 10% chance to stun enemies near a throwing daggers or brace of daggers hit

The Wolf's Head: Increased knockdown chance on throwing daggers or brace of daggers

Stinging Blade: Recover +50 health on a stealth kill

Hidden Blade (Gamestop Exclusive): Stealth kill and ground executions deal extra damage to captains and war chiefs

Orc Hunter (Linked Account to WB): Brutalize stealth kills cause additional terror

Fell Voices: Recover all focus and all health for killing a captain or war chief

Heart of the Mearas: Doubles elven swiftness speed burst duration

Hunter's Instinct: Increases the range of attract

Light of the Valar: 15% chance Uruks, Ghouls, or Caragors can ignite when hit by throwing daggers or brace of daggers

Lure of Power: 33% chance any enemy near a stealth brand target will also be branded

One With Nature: Immune to poison.

I have 2 runes equipped that recover 29% of my health adding it up to 58% after each drain/brand and one epic rune that recovers 4 elf shots after each drain that way I can get both my health and arrows back.

Try to get the 50% less focus drain and exploding fire arrow those are aswsome.

Bankai.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 02:09 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Finally got the epic rune which expands wraith flash stun time.
Pretty often it wont stun an opponent long enough to wraith burn them but with the rune you get like 5 extra seconds.

Which mean if you do a flash followed by a burn you can kill 3-4 guys at least count can go up to 5-6.

One of.the best runes Imo.

Bankai.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 06:33 PM
ares834

Huh. I'm playing on the PC but have no problem pulling off the flash/burn combo.

Edit: Apparently that's because I've been using this rune already...

Last edited by ares834 on Oct 7th, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2014 12:18 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vid...th-Plaid-Social

They were soo scared of this game being bad they were draconian in who get copies to review or show.

Luckily for them people liked it otherwise this would have blown up in their face

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Oct 7th, 2014 06:07 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

So I platinumed it today.
Took my time with rune hunting etc...played 41 hours with it.
Loved every minute.

Hope they will release dlc pretty soon.

Bankai.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 07:13 AM
One_Angry_Scot
----

So I platinumed it today.
Took my time with rune hunting etc...played 41 hours with it.
Loved every minute.

Hope they will release dlc pretty soon.

Yeah, I just finished it and the end scene was very mystifying. I think there will be more story considering Talion said something akin to there being new rings. And we see his eyes glowing red for a minute.

It was really cool I thought. Desperate for more now.

According to the wiki we are getting a DLC called the Bright Lord which is about Celebrimbor when he was fighting Sauron.

Last edited by One_Angry_Scot on Oct 8th, 2014 at 05:59 PM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 05:47 PM
The Gravelord
Trapped within

Spoiler tags, dude.

"Evil will hold."

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 05:59 PM
The Gravelord is currently offline Click here to Send The Gravelord a Private Message Find more posts by The Gravelord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by The Renegade
Spoiler tags, dude.

How do I do this?

Sorry for the spoilers. Didn't want to ruin anyone's time with the game.

Looks like time passed. Sorry for anyone that reads that and it spoils it for them, what I put there isn't incredibly integral to the story. It's just pretty much what happens at the end.

It wont affect you learning about characters in the game that much.

Last edited by One_Angry_Scot on Oct 8th, 2014 at 06:09 PM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 06:03 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Yeah, I just finished it and the end scene was very mystifying. I think there will be more story considering Talion said something akin to there being new rings. And we see his eyes glowing red for a minute.

It was really cool I thought. Desperate for more now.

According to the wiki we are getting a DLC called the Bright Lord which is about Celebrimbor when he was fighting Sauron.

Yup.
Celebrimbor story missions and some new hunting ones as well.

For spoilers type [spoiler]text[/spoiler+]

Minus the + sign.

Bankai.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 07:57 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Yup.
Celebrimbor story missions and some new hunting ones as well.

For spoilers type

Minus the + sign.

Okay thanks for that, looking forward to playing as Celebrimbor if that's the case.

I just was a bit pumped from finishing the game so I went a bit overboard with spoilers.

What did you think of the end missions [SPOILER - highlight to read]: where we see that Celebrimbor could have released Talion at any time if he wanted to, kind of with Celebrimbor on this one. Also what do you reckon on the glow in Talions eyes at the end? Do you reckon he has absorbed someone else? Doesn't look like Celebrimbor this time

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 08:19 PM
ares834

I thought the ending sucked TBH. The final two bosses were jokes and I have very little clue what actually happened.

Seemed to me they were rushed and forced to pretty much just throw together an ending.

Last edited by ares834 on Oct 8th, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 10:04 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote