KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Thor vs Bane

Thor vs Bane
Started by: Supra

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Yeah it makes Bruce slower, but also much tougher. The fact he can put the hurting on a fully armored, highly trained ninja is a nice feat. i'm undecided on the match, but everything points to Bane hitting hard as ****

Agreed. I do think Bane hits harder. The only thing that's making me doubt this is (like I mentioned in my previous post) Bane's h2h skills are inconsistent. Sometimes he looks fast and skilled and at other times he looks slow and just plain sloppy. Thor has more consistent feats. But yeah, can go either way.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 12:50 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Psychotron
Hemsworth was at least 220-230 lbs. Lol at Tom Hardy being 200 lbs. He was 190 at best. The guy is like 5'8. And he was still fat.

Hardy was fat and on a lot of steroids for that movie.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 12:54 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by NemeBro
Are you under the impression that the fat wouldn't have added to his weight?

What a ****ing idiot.

http://healthyceleb.com/tom-hardy-h...tatistics/11125

Weight: 190 pounds

Hardy had to gain thirty pounds of muscle to play Bane after Warrior, where he weighed just shy of 170.

Hardy is 5'9". It isn't impossible for someone to weigh 200+ pounds at that height without even being fat. Ask dadudemon.

I don't need to ask anyone. I've been lifting for years and I know what a 200+lbs man looks like. Tom Hardy is not it. I'm 5'11 and I've been 200+ and I was bigger than him. Hell, I'm about 180 now, and I look bigger than him. Leaner too. Hardy was in terrible shape and totally miscast.

Hemsworth is 6'5 and looked bigger and leaner than Hardy, that puts him at a solid 230 or more.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 01:15 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why are you guy's arguing real life stats vs Comic Book Universe stats?

Crossing them and acting like they hold the same value?

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 01:18 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I don't need to ask anyone. I've been lifting for years and I know what a 200+lbs man looks like. Tom Hardy is not it. I'm 5'11 and I've been 200+ and I was bigger than him. Hell, I'm about 180 now, and I look bigger than him. Leaner too. Hardy was in terrible shape and totally miscast.

Hemsworth is 6'5 and looked bigger and leaner than Hardy, that puts him at a solid 230 or more.
You're wrong on basically all counts. thumb up

Hemsworth is 6'4" and 200 pounds.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 01:50 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Guys weight of people in real life do not matter in a comic book movie. Can we move on to another area?

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 01:53 AM
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by FrothByte
Correct. But it's both an advantage/disadvantage. It made him heavier which is a good showing of Bane's strength, but it also made him slower.

Like I said, this match can probably go either way, but I seriously doubt Bane is outmuscling Thor. His best bet is to use his (supposed) ninja training and punching power to outbox Thor.

Overpowering an old and out of shape Batman is one thing, but trying to get into a wrestling match with a viking in his prime who's bigger than you with centuries of fighting experience would be quite different.

This is the best post so far.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 01:54 AM
Psychotron

lol no. If Hemsworth is 200 lbs then Hardy must be no more than 170. Please step in a gym sometime.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 02:26 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Again real world highest weights of actor's has zero impact in a movie.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 02:28 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Did you see how massive he was in Thor? A dude who is 6 foot 4 and this sexy:
(please log in to view the image)

Would have a pretty noticeable height and weight advantage here as IIRC Tom Hardy is like 5 foot 8. He'd be lucky to hit like 190 in the shape he was in as Bane and Chris has a shit ton of height on him.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Jan 24th, 2014 at 05:15 AM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 05:08 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Supra
Again real world highest weights of actor's has zero impact in a movie.

Yet again

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 05:22 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Did you see how massive he was in Thor? A dude who is 6 foot 4 and this sexy:
(please log in to view the image)

Would have a pretty noticeable height and weight advantage here as IIRC Tom Hardy is like 5 foot 8. He'd be lucky to hit like 190 in the shape he was in as Bane and Chris has a shit ton of height on him.
Don't blame me that their actual weights don't match up to your own notions of what they should weigh. thumb up

Not that any of this matters mind you. By feats Bane is far more durable and hits harder, though Thor is more skilled and maybe faster (Haven't seen Thor in a while).

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 05:25 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

lol no. If Hemsworth is 200 lbs then Hardy must be no more than 170. Please step in a gym sometime.
Then by all means provide any evidence of this fact. If you can't, just step out of the thread like a good little boy and let the adults talk.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 05:25 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Don't blame me that their actual weights don't match up to your own notions of what they should weigh. thumb up

Not that any of this matters mind you. By feats Bane is far more durable and hits harder, though Thor is more skilled and maybe faster (Haven't seen Thor in a while).

I'll believe that Hardy and Hemsworth weigh around the same when I see them on a scale myself because it's legitimately impossible. Like, I don't even care who wins here tbh (Probably Bane) but I call bullshit on your claims.

Hemsworth is easily just as muscular with like a good 5-6 inches on Hardy. It's just science.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Jan 24th, 2014 at 05:31 AM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 05:29 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Hardy as Bane also had a noticeably greater amount of fat. His musculature was less defined, more strongman-esque in shape (To a lesser extent).

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 05:49 AM
Silent Master

IOW, human Thor was ripped...Bane was a fata$$.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 05:57 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Sure, but still about as heavy as Hemsworth. thumb up

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 06:10 AM
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I'll believe that Hardy and Hemsworth weigh around the same when I see them on a scale myself because it's legitimately impossible. Like, I don't even care who wins here tbh (Probably Bane) but I call bullshit on your claims.

Hemsworth is easily just as muscular with like a good 5-6 inches on Hardy. It's just science.

Arguing Hardy vs Hemsworth is not applicable.

This is Bane vs Thor. Height and weight in real life does not matter in a comic book movie.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 07:25 AM
NemeBro

But we don't know how much the characters themselves weigh, do we?

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 07:27 AM
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

But we don't know how much the characters themselves weigh, do we?

Nope. Just like when in one showing Superman can barley lift a truck and the next one he's lifting an island of knite.

People think cause Bane kicked Batman's old broke ass and broken his back, well then he must be able to pick up and break a guy in his prime who has been fighting for thousands of years.

What do you think?

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 07:33 AM